Qyzen Fess sucks!

Gihl

Qyzen vs Captain Iresso as tanks, I found myself (as a Sage healer) using Qyzen the most. Other than the weapon, my Qyzen and Captain Iresso share their gear set as both benefit from the same stats. There are a couple of annoyances with Qyzen, but I actually prefer him as a tank as he seems to keep hate better than my Iresso and I can just send Qyzen out, attack and not worry so much about being within AoE range as Qyzen is a melee tank.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1) No decent Techblades unless you, or someone you know does Armstech crafting!

2) No Orange, moddable Techblades anywhere, whereas ALL other weapon classes are available with Coruscant Commendations!

3) Takes longer than any other companion to actually start attacking a target after giving the 'attack target command!'

4) (As with many other companions), will do nothing if commanded to attack a target through a door or hallway that leads to a different map!

5) Often breaks crowd control even when his AE skill is turned off!

6) Takes too long to get your next companion!

If you are going to drastically change a major gameplay mechanic shortly before release, you better make damn sure you change loot tables and quest rewards to adequately support those changes!

You need to be more forthcoming with what you are working on and what to expect in upcoming patches. You have FAR less classes and skills than any other MMORPG of this calibur in the last 5 years, which means alot less need for class balancing. But since you are forcing players to use this Companion mechanic (with no choice of companions outside what our base class is given), you really need to make sure its damn solid.

-Gihl

P.S. in those guides I've read that include suggestions for what crafting skill to go with, ALL of them recommend NOT taking Armstech.

The problem is he was obviously changed to use AIM, when he should be using strength and wearing Jedi Grab, which fits him alot better because of hands and feet etc.

I personally would have liked the option to perhaps train him in the use of the lightsaber or something of that nature.

It will break CC. If you don't want him breaking CC, turn it off.

Flare gun does not break CC, the only abilities that Qyzen has that do are EMP Blast and Hunter's Surge. Flare gun is just a taunt.

Also, I don't see why he doesn't have strength as a main stat because both Khem and Bowdaar have strength as their primary stat. But regardless, he is not that hard to gear properly...

Edited by JMarchini