5 hours of one class and I need another

BindoDidIt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 5 50s now. JK, SW, SI, BH and IA. I'd have to say the sith warrior storyline is my favorite, followed closely by imperial agent. They just have a much more coherent overall storyline, with all the arcs building up and leading into one another more smoothly. The payoff for the sith warrior, that feeling of satisfaction at the end, is really great. Though they have to be played as mostly light side, since if you're full dark side, you just become the galaxy's biggest psychopath/jerk who's a ******* for the sake of being a *******.

Oh yeah, if you enjoy having everyone around you treat you like royalty and suck your dick, then SW is also great for that. They're all 'my lord this' and 'my lord that' after you finish your training, you also get your own slave with a shock collar. On the other hand, if you're some kind of masochist, IA is for you, i won't spoil it by saying more.

Edited by Soapland

The JK certainly feels epic, but then again, it's just like every game, you are an epic dude/dudette saving the galaxy. Though i did play my JK as a morally grey snob, who thought too high of herself. The crews feels like a bunch of wannabe and real bada**es :p

The Consular is has a slower pace, about mysteries of the force and diplomacy, more like an everyday jedi. Some of the crew are bland....

The Smuggler is a light-hearted story, you are out for your own good and happened to help the Republic along the way. The lines are hilarious and so far, with the best crew interactions. Your comps feel more like a crew than the other classes. If you are looking for something epic, look somewhere else :p

Got a Trooper and BH, but haven't finished them yet. The Trooper feels a lot like Mass Effect, recruit dudes/dudettes to accomplish your missions.

BH isn't bad, wouldn't say it's awesome...some of the crew feels out of place.

Only a little ways into Chapter 2 of the SW storyline, but I can say that Chapter one is awesome. I'm considering making a Marauder just so that I can see the dark side of it.... Mostly because LS/DS has a definite difference at the end, and it's not a choice unless you're exactly equal; if you have more LS than DS points, than you get the LS choice. Its amazing... Still waiting for Chapter 2 to get more interesting... I've played my character as a Jedi spy sort of thing, (which is AMAZINGLY ironic for the story in Ch. 1 btw) so I don't enjoy the fact that I'm pretty much forced to kill some Pubs...

+1, I will keep playing him as my main. I just want to break it up some.

Thank you everyone for your help, I will probably start playing my Agent after I get to 50 on my Knight.

Any recommendations about the Sith Warrior?

Sith Warrior was second to Knight in my opinion.

If you want to laugh, play Smuggler

Trooper story (DS) was good for me. Some *****s captured this superbomb and its your goal to get it back.

At the end of story on Ord Mantell I wanted to join these bastards, but they decided to get me killed (they failed) and I decided to kill them all ( went the Kill Bill way). I succeeded, married Elara and now Im fighting all the evil guys in the galaxy with my fellow Reps.

Now working on a IA Sniper and a SI Sorc

• 4 weeks later...

Warrior 50

Inquisitor 50

Smugger 36

From start to finish I loved everything about the warrior story, and my marauder is still my favourite. A twist here, a turn of the path there, tons of awesome moments coupled with fantastic voice acting made it so much fun.

Inquisitor story was slow, decent but slow. Also I felt that it made a lot more sense to be a sorcerer for the story, but that is of course just my opinion. As an aside, playing a sorcerer in the pre 50 pvp bracket is hilarious (least on ebon hawk)

Smuggler so far is fun, had some slow moments early on but I am having a good time. I also like being a stealth class, nice change of pace.

Hey! Qyzen is pretty awesome. Though, yeah, he's kind of useless to Tank shadows :<.

He's completely stereotypical in every way. Blah blah blah the noble savage blah blah blah. There's no depth to him at all unless you've never seen a movie or read a book.

I, like many others out there, cannot play one class all day every day each day of the week. I NEED VARIETY. Recently, I have been playing my Jedi Knight. I just finished Act 2 but would like to start another class with the same epic feeling. I have played a Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor, and Trooper all the way into Act 1 but none have the epic story that captivated me like my Knight. Are any of the other classes that I haven't tried that captivate like the Jedi Knight?

NO SPOILERS! DON'T EVEN /SPOILER THEM, I AM WEAK AND WILL CLICK ON THEM!

Thought you should know that the Inquisitor story gets better as the game progressess( I felt like you at first but as I played more of it the Inquisitor story drew me in more and more). I think you might want to go back and finish it. Imperial Agent gets better as the story goes as well. If you havent yet try Concular it starts out slow but improves as you work your way through the Story.

Hey! Qyzen is pretty awesome. Though, yeah, he's kind of useless to Tank shadows :<.

Yes he is I have a lvl 21 Shadow Tank and the Companion you pick up on Nar Shaddaa is of more use to me than Qyzen. Hes more like what Khem is to the SI (if your a Sorcerer AC), Qyzen is more useful to the Sage than to the Shadows.

The only 50 I have is a Sorceror, but I can honestly say that I loved the SI story to death. I've played every other class to 21-29. The JK story is pretty epic, I must say, but like the others here have mentioned it seems that it was pretty much intended to be the default story to draw people in AKA "KOTOR 3".

The SW's story is definitely very intriguing when played to a more lightside vibe, makes you feel a bit more in control of your "destiny" if you catch my drift.

The SI story like I said though has been my favorite overall though. To put it simply, it's a giant prestige and power chase. You're constantly trying to prove yourself to the rest of the Sith, grow a power base, and strengthen your own powers as well. It's chalk full of scheming, overthrowing other Sith Lord's, and becoming an influential power that stands out among the rest of the Empire. It's not as "epic" as the JK story, but the feeling of accomplishment that you get definitely makes up for that in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm back! So this is what happened since my last post.

Bounty Hunter, Level 50.

Imperial Agent, Level 50.

Sith Warrior, just landed on Quesh.

What I can say so far is this: JK, IA, BH. For Act 1 JK is the best followed by SW, IA, and then BH.

Once I finish my SW I'm going to work on my JC, mostly because of the Shadow playstyle. My JC is just starting Tatooine and I'm very excited for what happens.

Edited by BindoDidIt

Smuggler story is awesome, in my opinion. I haven't gotten any others to 50 yet, but I have definitely enjoyed this one. Act two is the weakest, but acts one and three are pure awesome. Though, when you get smuggler to Corellia, prepare for some very contradictory dialogue between world missions and your class quest. ;)

Smuggler story is awesome, in my opinion. I haven't gotten any others to 50 yet, but I have definitely enjoyed this one. Act two is the weakest, but acts one and three are pure awesome. Though, when you get smuggler to Corellia, prepare for some very contradictory dialogue between world missions and your class quest. ;)

I'm thinking I will level Smuggler last. Right now I have a Trooper, Consular, and Inquisitor sitting on Tatooine for me. My Smuggler is partying with Corso on his ship above Taris, yet to touch down. Once I finish my SW I will take my Smuggler through Taris and Nar Shaddaa then decide, but right now I feel I will go Consular because of the Shadow playstyle and it has the best story from what I've seen between those 4 classes.

Consular > Inquisitor > Trooper > Smuggler

smuggler story is definitely amazing. it's also the most lighthearted and humorous. it almost cured me of my altoholism....almost.

Where as the knight storyline is epic in it's cannon greatness, the warrior is epic if you like the quest for power type of storyline.

Agent is good if you like the cloak and dagger type of stories. I thought it was ok, but I don't really like double agent type of stories.

I loved the first two acts of the trooper, but the last act feels rushed and completely unrelated to the initial storyline.

I personally enjoyed the end of act 2 and all of act 3 of the consular story line, it gets a bad wrap because it startsnout so weak and useless.

The bounty hunter storyline is great if you play mostly dark side and enjoy wisecracks laced with real threat. There is a part of the storyline during alderaan that I absolutely treasure and you can get only through being dark side.

Smuggler was really boring and implausible to me, but to each their own.

SI seems so far pretty standard for a sith, backstabbing and the search for power through artifacts, but I'm still just at the beginning.

Yeah the jedi/sith stories seem to be according to their franchise. Knight plays the role of supper dupper saviour of the galaxy, very similar to Luke Skywalker (if you could lose an arm even better). Consular diplomacy and saviour of the jedis, and it seems very similar to kenobi's story, even if he is a knight. Warrior, well Vader. Inquisitor, hmm not sure but certainly fits the sith "principles".

I'm glad I created this thread. I hope it has helped people choose enjoyable classes to level, I know it has for me. I'm going to start leveling my Consular soon but I'm working on finishing the conversations for all the 50s I have for that +10 Presence bonus. 10x4x4+100. +260 Presence on a level 10? Mwhahahaha

Not all of my characters are 50 yet (see sig), but these are my impressions thus far:

1. Sith Warrior

2. Imperial Agent

3. Jedi Knight

4. Sith Inquisitor

In reality, the IA is probably the best written, but I havent played the third chapter yet and I'm a bit of a Sith fanboy.

Really though, the top 3 are A++++ in my book. Maybe I'll say the same about SI one day too. Only half way through Act 2 at the moment.