Why, oh why only 4 players ?

Who was the brainiac coming up with this idea ?

Seing this game clearly trying to poach players from other games (not saying that its a bad thing so dont start a swtor vs conversation)

Me and 4 other friends came from Wow and rift. We played those games together as a friends only group. We did all instances and dungeons in a group.

Now we went over to Swtor and now one of us is borked and have to sit out and wait.

This is a terrible idea.

Same can be said for Operations really.

8 and 16. Guilds transfering over need to bench good players

So... you're mad that a non-wow game isn't wow.

Everything in this game is divisible by 4, if you haven't noticed that yet. This has been known for an extremely long time.

Not every game does groups of 5. LOTRO does groups of 6, DCUO does 4. Just because WoW did it does not make it right and does not make it standard.

I personally don't have a problem with it, and it's rude to say what you are towards developers of this game. You are playing their game.

Edited by Ohnoto

Honestly the only 4 rule is ok with me for Flashpoints, I was a little worried about the 8/16 raids though. Oh, sorry Operations lol. Guess I've played WoW too much to. Also, no need to hate on people coming over from WoW or you're gonna be hating on a LOT of people. But as far as the 4 person instances go I think it'll be ok.

i am a TOR apologist through and through, but i will admit i do dislike this. i'd prefer the ability to have larger groups in a game... though i can understand that w/ companions, a 4-man team with 4 companions properly geared and controlled could probably do better than they should in flashpoint situations... idk, im sure there's some kind of balance to be reached...

Also, did you know that before the latest update, Lineage 2 groups had 9 players. :eek:

I think they are only 7 now. 6 always seemed the most sensible number to me though. You should really try new games. There is so much wonderful variety out there. And I mean that seriously. Try something new. But don't dwell on what is different that you don't like. concentrate on what you do like.

Being put on the bench because guild leader did not think you were raiding enough(lol) the real reason is that they played favorites. I am so gratefull this game is not wow. That's why I canceled subcription to wow. Tired of the 20 something know it all type players. I am strictly talking about wow not swtor as the mentallity and maturity level in Swtor is much higher ,at least for the moment. I have already seen wow players trying to influence the game but to no avail. The community is quicly pulverizing the wow type players and is actually teaching them some manners. I am happy:D Edited by eldisper

i am a TOR apologist through and through, but i will admit i do dislike this. i'd prefer the ability to have larger groups in a game... though i can understand that w/ companions, a 4-man team with 4 companions properly geared and controlled could probably do better than they should in flashpoint situations... idk, im sure there's some kind of balance to be reached...

You can't have companions out during a flashpoint fi you have a full group. Companions count as players in flashpoints, so you can have 2 players with 2 companions for your 4, or 4 players. Haven't tried 3 players with one companion out.

Seing this game clearly trying to poach players from other games (not saying that its a bad thing so dont start a swtor vs conversation)

Me and 4 other friends came from Wow and rift. We played those games together as a friends only group. We did all instances and dungeons in a group.

Now we went over to Swtor and now one of us is borked and have to sit out and wait.

This is a terrible idea.

No No and just No. the smaller the better. Id be happy if there was an option to 2man everything! 4man are perfect size :)

This is a terrible idea.

SO. Dark Age of Camelot had a group cap of 8. Raid cap of infinity. Here's a simple solution.....recruit a couple more people and start another group. Nuff said.

I would like larger parties myself. Given that this game seems to favor off-tanks and so far I've been doing a lot of "general purpose" stuff on my Sorcerer, it would make sense to have a larger party. But as it is currently, it fits perfectly with the 4 base classes, which is what I think they were aiming for.

Regardless, it's not Bioware's fault that you're playing with 4 friends. SWTOR was not specifically made so you could run through the game with your 5 man group from WoW.

Groups of 4 is fine. It makes it easier to find groups and you don't really feel like you're losing anything for not having an extra person, I'm very sorry that BioWare couldn't take time out of their development schedule to remaster the entire game for you and your 4 friends, how terrible of them!

I happen to like only having 4 players for group content. I played EQ2 and LOTRO which each took 6 players to fill a full group. Only needing 4 makes it much faster and easier. My husband and I always play as a duo, so this only leaves us having to find 2 people to fill a group instead of 4. Love it!! <3 <3 <3