Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.

i to am a solo player. i prefer that, and find it the most efficient. are there too many flashpoints / group quests? maybe..who really knows..when i come across them, i just abandon them after picking up all the quests..having 2 50's, i havent done a single group quest, and only done flashpoints/operations at 50. you can easily level to 50 and go at whatever pace you want.

I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.

And? Noone forces you to do them. Please continue playing solo if you like it instead of trolling the forums.

That's a silly complaint because there's more then enough solo content to make your way through 50 without dipping into flashpoints and heroic missions. In fact if you were one of the earlier 50's you had to do so because there was no one to group with to do flashpoints or heroic quests. Hell when I finished Corellia I was the only one on the planet.

Trust me, there's more then enough solo content.

With so much content, I'm finding myself starting on a planet where my level is already over the range of that planet, so HCs are not needed.

I've also found myslef pass whole flashpoints by.

They are good xp, nice loot/reward items and commendations - if thats your thing, but by no means essential for levelling.

And? Noone forces you to do them. Please continue playing solo if you like it instead of trolling the forums.

I would not consider this "trolling the forums" as you say, as this really is not an "off topic or inflammatory" message, but rather, is a constructive criticism with my personal opinion.

In actuality- you are the troll!

Edited by GirlStarWarsFan

I would not consider this "trolling the forums" as you say, as this really is not an "off topic or inflammatory" message, but rather, is a constructive criticism with my personal opinion.

So you're actually complaining about "too much" group content in an MMO game? How's that not trolling? Or is it not enough solo content for you? As mentioned above you can actually level 2 or 3 characters doing only solo questing and not really repeating too much of the quests (like empire/republic + different class quest lines). All-in-all it's an MMOG, and you should have known that by the time you started playing or atleast before you post "constructive criticism" on the forums :p

Sorry if i'm being mean and seeing trolls everywhere, but that wasn't actually constructive - you didn't offer any solution like cutting half of group content so it wouldn't annoy you that much or atleast indicate it in some way so you dont pick the quests which you're not planning on doing.

That's a silly complaint because there's more then enough solo content to make your way through 50 without dipping into flashpoints and heroic missions. In fact if you were one of the earlier 50's you had to do so because there was no one to group with to do flashpoints or heroic quests. Hell when I finished Corellia I was the only one on the planet.

You misunderstand, I am not complaining, as I am expressing a fact in combination with my personal opinion of this game.

So. You complain that a MMO forces you to play with other players? Seriously? If you enjoy solo play - then there are quite a number of SW RPG games for you that require only one player to play / finish. Oh and they have MUCH better grafics. So why not play them? Besides, TOR is very "small-group-friendly" game. It automatically gives you a small two man team. In addition, you can bring one friend and get yourself a full 4 man team! Or ...did you perhaps want to do FP alone too O_o?

P.S. From personal experience. I play this game with a friend. I play Sentinel, he Sage. We did each and every quest with just two of us (4 heroics too ) +1 companion. It was extremely relaxing gaming, very enjoyable too. A word of advise - find a friend. Involve him/her in the game. This will make your gaming so much more enjoyable.

TRdlr. This is an MMO. For solo play - pls go for your usual single player RPG games. Skyrim is absolutely epic game for example.

There are two options here. We give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are a troll or we read your post seriously and think even less. This isn't Skyrim. It's a MMO. Community play is designed in.

Why buy an MMO in the first place if you intend to solo?

OT: It makes me lol watching world chat when people request groups and others bloat back with 'you can solo that!' yeah.. sure, you probably could BUT people aren't always asking for groups because it's hard they want the involvement and interraction of others.. all this solo bull**** and complaints

So let me get this right, you are upset that the Massive Multiplayer Online RPG you are playing has way too much multiplayer content, because even though you like playing MMO's, you prefer to do it solo? And your not trolling? :D

Here is my two cents. I'm really happy they put in heroic areas of +2 and +4. I love to solo quest and i would say 99% of my questing so far has been solo. They have tons of content and sure sometimes getting those +4 quests gets annoying. Being a brand new game and not knowing the people in my guild very well these +2 and +4 areas have been a perfect way to get to know guildies. Less stress then flashpoints if I even wanted to do them while leveling.

I really think they did a good job of balancing the multiplayer questing with the solo content. Sorry that I basically disagree with your initial hypothesis. I'm not sure I would have any experience doing group content before 50 with guildies if not for these +2 +4 content areas. Thanks for the hard work so far Bioware and good luck in the future this game has been spot on for me so far. Lots of work left but its been a lot of fun.

I play mostly solo as well, though I do sometimes duo with my brother or run flashpoints and pvp with random people. I have a specific toon that I generally solo with. I just levelled through Balmora last night and when I left, I had yet to do a single heroic quest, but by the time I finished the other quests there, all of the heroics were all gray or green to me anyway.

You can more or less skip all heroic quests. But they do give good xp and commendations. Just find someone in general chat or skip them. It won't really affect your levelling very much as each planet seems to be designed to give you enough xp to progress to the next planet without doing any heroics. Throw in a few space combat dailies, some pvp and you'll be 1-2 lvls higher than the requirement for any planet you go to next.

Also, depending on your class, spec and companion, you can solo a lot of the heroics. One of my toons is a 35 Immortal Juggernaut. With Quinn on healing duty (and in up to date gear), I can solo 2man heroics and 4mans without boss fights. It just takes knowing how to manage your cooldowns, interrupts, cc and having decent stims and medpacks.

Given that there is FAR FAR more soloable content than content that requires a group I would like to complain that as someone that enjoys a challenge with friends the game has far too much solo content.

We need more FPs and heroic quests!

Seriously though, no one is going to make you do the group stuff. There is plenty of solo content, it is after a MMO which implies group content by its very nature.

As a group player, I find there's too much solo content. I play these games to play in groups, and having all these quests that don't require a group interrupts my preferred style of play.

Complaining that something exists that you don't have to do is complete trolling. I'm playing a vanguard, maybe I'll complain that there are other classes. I don't want to play a consular, so why do they exist?

Invalid.

I am a solo player and i tend to disagree. Just by being one or two levels above content you can solo most heroic missions, with the right gear on yourself and your companion.

Although sometimes it may make it difficult for some coordination, like say you can't go stealth and get into position while your companion sets up threat. So some coordination is involved. Also 1-2 levels above content you can duo some flashpoints as well, and they are still challenging.

I have leveled and completed class storyline for a Juggernaut at level 47 with only ever seeing one heroic mission and no flashpoints, as well as being halfway through a Powertech the same way.

There is plenty of solo content. There is nothing to complain about.

Edited by PicklesJohnson

Just skip the group content then...honestly you don't need it to have a decent leveling pace in the game. Between Flashpoints, heroics, and space missions I find myself being 2-3 levels ahead of my story/quest content when I get to a new planet. There is plenty of solo content to still be able to enjoy the game and level your characters so I really don't understand the OP.

not really constructive. don't get me wrong, you have your playstyle - which is fine, everybody has it's own - but MMOs (usually) cater to a lot of different playstyles.

it's like a raider arguing there's too much solo content. only when there is not enough content for your own playstyle it might be a reason to criticize it, but there is more than enough solo content in the game. you just have to accept that you will never be able to do ALL the content anyway - unless you practically live in the game.

from this POV, does it really matter how much content there is for other playstyles?

Edited by Graburr

They didn't exactly make it easy to group consistently unless you're playing with the same person, or group of people, at all times.

I, for example, play with my significant other on one of my characters. She has less time to play than I do, and I don't play that character without her. Our guild, which consists of a lot of people we know IRL, is all over the map level-wise.

If you're not in the same +/- about 4 levels of eachother, you're really nuking someone's kill XP, or having yours nuked. A level 47 running a Black Talon flashpoint with a level 17 and a level 11 is going to be rolling out the carpet as they stroll idly along and nuke everything.

In short, they didn't make it very easy for people with a level disparity to play together, and I'd wager that very -few- people enjoy the benefit I enjoy of being able to regularly play with someone I live with.

I have four other characters I play when my significant other can't. They're all in various guilds...and every single guild I'm in, it's the same deal. Nobody plays together at all times.

Many, many quests are solo'd because everyone else is doing their own thing. Almost nobody's at the same place in a planet quest chain, and the best I ever see elsewise is hopping in on calls for flashpoints in guild or fleet's general chat, or heroics on whatever planet I'm on.

The incentive just isn't there in a lot of ways for people of widely diverse levels to group. High level folks are basically wasting their time, unless they're farming LS/DS and/or companion affection points to go do flashpoints they've outleveled; the gear is rarely gonna be a draw, unless they're looking for a specific orange for appearance customization.

Soloing a lot is built into the game, despite the encouragements aplenty to basically do everything in as large a group as you can. Heck, the social point meter and the social vendors are mechanical systems that reward grouping for everything a lot and doing so consistently.

But they're not even vaguely sufficient motivators to get people to work against the system, and the system doesn't do a very good job of rewarding people that group for content below their level, and in no way enables lower level people to group with high level friends to do anything at all.

Be another matter if they had a system like City of Heroes of Champions, wherein which you could lower your effective level to someone else's, or be elevated to function at a level 1 below whomever you were 'sidekicked' to.

Didn't give you higher level powers or abilities; just the HP and functional ability to be treated as a level XX that could hit stuff and take a few hits from whatever you were fighting with your higher level buddy...or reduce your level to join a lower level group and, while having all or most of your powers, face the challenge as something equivalent to their level.

Lowbies SK'd up to higher still got XP and drops and whatnot...but the XP was as killing a Thing of this class for their actual level. A high level ex'd down, the same; if a level 45ex'd down to 15 in a group of 15's and killed a normal mob, they'd get XP as though they'd killed a level 45 normal mob, whereas everyone else would get XP comensurate with their own actual level.

It made doing stuff with your friends really easy, and didn't inhibit people from doing their own thing in the majority of the rest of their time.

I, for example, can't PVP or even do many of my space missions on the character I play with my SO unless she does them too, for example...or I'll eventually outlevel her by a margin that will trash the XP she gets from the stuff we kill doing missions.

That's significant.

So, it's something to ponder.

Peace out.

You misunderstand, I am not complaining, as I am expressing a fact in combination with my personal opinion of this game.

So your not complaining theres not enough solo content to get you to 50, or you not even complaining that theres not enough solo content at all. Your just looking at the group content and saying... 'there should be less of that even though it doesnt affect me'? Thats just... yea.

How many would be 'enough' flashpoints? Two flashpoints? One heroic mission a planet? Theres content for soloists. And theres content for gorup players. And, more importantly, theres content for people who do both solo AND group content. Your complaint is irrational really. You dont even really seem to indiciate that this amount of content somehow impinges on your playstyle. Your simply offended by it because its... there.

Edited by silverprovidence

There is plenty of solo content in this game. I find the flashpoints and Heroic Missions fun. while I do like to solo when it comes to my class quests and quests in the worlds. I also like to group up and be a viable player when it comes to group. There is only so much solo content I can do before wanting something else. You want to play solo go play a non MMO game then.

another way to word this is - how about making solo versions of the flashpoints/operations? that way you can experience the content as a solo player? or even 2 man versions?

not everyone enjoys being part of a huge guild (for various and sundry reasons).

and it doesn't adversely affect ANYONE else's playstyle or playtime. so there is ZERO reason for anyone to QQ that zomqwtfbbq there are solo/duo mandalorian raiders~!!!

of course, some idiots will QQ because, well, they're idiots. we can simply put them behind the woodshed and shoot them. dead.