State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

Amazing, and entire thread of people who didn't know you get free cartel coins with your subscription every month. Even more amazing is these people have never used the in game GTN. Here is a tip for all of you, many unlocks can be purchased there for in game credits.

Anyway, thanks for the update Jeff.

Have you seen the astronomical prices for unlocks that people post on the GTN on some servers?

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking in QoL changes, i would like to see some new slash commands:

- to save time changing gear

/saveequip n

/loadequip n

- for changing talents

/savetalent n

/loadtalent n

- for change key bindings

/savebinding n

/loadbinding n

What's missing in the update? Any information on character transfers. When you introduce a system like Legacy that rewards having your characters on the same server, but do it post-launch when players might have characters spread around servers, you need to make a viable paid transfer system available. This is my single most glaring point of frustration with this game, the fact that I'm completely unable to get my characters together under one legacy on one server.

I really need this to happen I can't see myself doing another 4 50,s on my server I changed to because my original server died !! Make this happen plz.....

So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that people worried about content over QOL should probably not get their panties in a bunch... They have been going back and forth like this for a while. They give us some content, then spend the next patch time getting in some QOL. It was basically every three patches before that we would get new PVE content.

Given that guilds have to progress to 55, then do SM SaV and TFB, Then do HM SaV and TFB, and then do NiM TFB there is plenty of PVE content there for a while.

I would also assume that most of the people that would be going into working on the QOL features would be the ones coming off of their work from Makeb. So everyone else who was doing other things, will keep doing their other things. They have a whole team of people in art, programming, and design that will be getting freed up with the release of Makeb, and I am willing to bet it is a fairly large team. Since the next x-pack will be in very, very early design phases right after release (thank you Tim Schafer for your Double Fine Adventure and window into game design :) ), it is fair to assume that people will be sitting around with their thumbs up their butts. New content is already being worked on most likely, for whatever the next PVE stuff and PVP stuff is, so these guys can go toward those QOL things that we so disparately have been complaining about since even before the launch of the game, like guild features, server transfer, character re-customization, and mini games, just to list a few.

I am willing to bet that the SSSP is going to be the next expansion, if this is the case, then litterally everyone working on Makeb would be free to go assist in other areas.

Bottom line: Dont get your panties in a bunch, they are going to keep working on new content. He is just saying that their immediate goal will be QoL, so expect those things in 2.1 and maybe 2.2.

Why are Cathar taking so long? Is this the rate at which new species are going to be released?

They figure its important that it comes with customization because some people want to change their current character species to cathar.

I am surprised no one has asked why they made the companion system so much like the trinity system, where if you are a tank or dps, you tend to need the healer companion or suffer from alot of downtime or death after every single fight.

I mean, the only healer companions that are not so freaking annoying that you think jumping off Canary Wharf or the Empire State building would be more enjoyable, i really wish they made the companions killable just to kill them to feel better.

So, from the healer companions the follwing classes are off-limits due to their annoying personalities:

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

Jedi Consular

Imperial Agent

Smuggler

The Trooper and Bounty Hunter are the only classes with cool healer companions that i love travelling with, i mean Doc was interesting to begin with, but his arrogance and pride just made him so freakingly off-putting, that i couldn't finish the jedi knight storyline.

I suggest they just change the companions so they are not any specific role and just have 3 stances that you can use, tank stance, healer stance and dps stance and each stance does different stuff, while it fights the enemy, granted the tank and dps stances are no different from what is available now, but what the healer stance can do is makes 5-10% of all damage done by the companion heals the player....That way you can use any companion and not feel like you made a huge mistake for not getting out the healer and never using the others again.

A couple things:

1. We need some minigame like activities to do while sitting around the fleet (because we all do it since there is nothing to do). This game is put into the KOTOR universe so why is there no swoopbike racing or pazaak? Some swoopbike races on the fleet against other players would be a AWESOME time killer.

2. Make more unmoddable gear so that it is not so easy for the community to get min maxed so fast. I swear it has gotten to the point where you can just buy everything you need instead of earning it.

3. Thank you for fixing scrappers now I can actually get into groups without them dissing my style.

Of course there will be more content. You can't sell items to people on the CM if you don't keep people around.

I wouldn't bet any money on them not at least trying.

Funny, for a game that priced itself on story content, there's not much story content coming. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lent_San

Where are these "teeming" servers he was talking about? I just left Ebon Hawk an hour ago and saw 20 people on Belsavis Republic side.

Like 3/4 of the game's population, they're playing on empire. Speaking of which, WHEN exactly does Bioware plan on addressing faction imbalance? or for that matter doing something for the game that won't end up on the cartel market? at the rate we're going, I'll have to buy future class story content off the Cartel market:rolleyes:

Like 3/4 of the game's population, they're playing on empire. Speaking of which, WHEN exactly does Bioware plan on addressing faction imbalance? or for that matter doing something for the game that won't end up on the cartel market? at the rate we're going, I'll have to buy future class story content off the Cartel market:rolleyes:

Well you already have to buy General (without any class based) content, to get Makeb

at the rate we're going, I'll have to buy future class story content off the Cartel market:rolleyes:
What future class story content? :cool:

They kind of said, ah well, there might not be any, but if so, damn sure it will come with a price tag attached to it.

Probably a CM premium item, buy two for the price of one. :rak_03:

Edited by Lent_San

my thought is too y have the legacy race unlock if now i just buy a race change on my lvl 50 and have it unlock that way then buy another race change and unlock it agian that way. all u need would be 2 toon one rep one sith and a few bucks on ur credit card to spend on bouncing races on and off an then there u go alll legacy races are unlocked liek ***??!?!

Can't you unlock any species you want via the cartel market right now?

It's nice to hear that u guys recognize the problems the game has and are trying actively to fix these issues as best as you can.

On a little side note, as long as you keep working on the balance of the "Cartel Market vs Subscriber" issue a lot of people have... and keep communicating with the player base the way you have been recently, i see nothing but good things for this MMO in the future.

:ph_good_post:

Looks good....things are improving slowly....Would love to see you guys fix the toggle mission info on/off so it doesn't pop up every time you get off the ship....We would all love to see a player planet where we could have houses like the old SWG days....Other than that, keep rocking it!!!

:ph_danger:

Oldgravyleg

Prohecy of the Five

He answered us and still you twist it to meaning 8-10 weeks , are you serious ? Very cynical indeed. You are a character :). I knew what he mean't 8 weeks tops.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hey, cheers BadOrb. Not twisting anything. I'm trying to be realistic in my expectations. My "expectation" was 6-week targets (because that's what they said it would be), to which I'd assume some would slip a week or 2 (hence 8). Now I'm being told their target is 8-weeks...In an attempt to once again remain realistic, I'll assume most will slip a week or 2 to where 9-10 weeks becomes the new norm. Hopefully I'm wrong...but I doubt I am and I'll bet you in-game creds we never see 6 again.

So read the post and all I can say is that I hope you've got lots of really good features, additions and content planned.

Because you allowing species change is an extremely large red cross as far as I'm concerned.

Very bad move.

Only my opinion of course, but honestly thought you'd be sensible and offer cosmetic changes (yer I know, all species are just cosmetic changes) but you know what I mean.