The Skadge Appreciation Thread

Vagessel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the nobles on Alderaan, just make an IA. Kalyio says something along the lines of, "I've never been inside a palace before. Makes you want to kick out the nobles and run around naked." haha!

Another good point to make an IA. If only I could stop re-rolling and at least settle with a gender every time I reach level 10...

Ok I've never posted before but I had to to this. skadge is the only good BH companion I hated all the others.

As much as I am NOT hating Skadge I am not sure any real BH would allow such person on board. You know, if you have the biggest bounty in history for your head, it's not that smart to invite a big strong brutal greedy fighter to your home. Especially if he is not that bright to understand he would not live long enough to enjoy his money. Unlike others Skadge's loyalty is a bit questionable :)

• 4 months later...
Our CCs kinda suck IMHO. If they made Blizz my healer, I wouldn't mind a company of a useless melee tank, ranged dps, (what is Torian anyway?) and a whiny healer. (no offense Mako fans :) )

Dude Mako is REALLY anoying cause she doesn't have any good customizations exept the secuirity key one and she IS SO WHINY and sucks as healer...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
H8 Skadge. I wish Gault was the melee tank, seriously. I like the abilities Skadge has and he's plenty tough for PVE, but I HATE looking at that big ugly frog-glob freaking character. He's way too big and ugly to make it enjoyable to play with him as a companion and the character's personality sucks balls. Gault is the only companion that's entertaining and he's the most useless one for a merc/pyro, so I'm stuck with a big frog-looking brick s-house. I too would very much like to flush him out an airlock.

He pulls a rocket launcher out of nowhere and proceeds to layeth the smackdown on their candyasses. Worth it for the hilarity alone.
And occasionally he says "boom boom" and laughs... Also, I love his crew skills fail message, wish the cs success sounded as cool.

Mako's starting appearance is adorable, no customization required. :D
But... red hair...

On topic, I used to be really annoyed with Skadge, but warmed up to him over time. It's funny how he likes it when you talk trash to him, and in general his psychopathy is at an almost comical level. He fills the shoes of 'token evil teammate' rather comfortably.

Skadge has to be my favourite companion. His constant trash talk, whether aimed at me or his target always makes me smile. He is also a decent meat shield, as long as you turn his pushback ability off.

Mako is too sweet and sickly. I tried hard to like Torian, but his whining gets a little too much. Gault is OK, but two ranged DPS dont work well (Im Merc) and Blizz is, well amusing for a few levels then it gets tiring.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know it was possible to have negative affection until Skadge. I have 4 companions with 10,000 and 1 with -1000. Guess which one? I tried to tell him to go away before he wound up on my ship, mostly because I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, but he got to go with me anyway. As for fighting with him, I took away all his armour and weapons, so I bring him along once in a while just to happily watch him get torn apart by whatever I happen to be facing at the time.

For some context, the reasons I hate him mostly stem back to him being a big, dumb brute. Doesn't help that he's evil and I feel like I should constantly have two people on the ship just to watch him and make sure he doesn't kill Gault, eat Blizz, or... well, worse.

He pulls a rocket launcher out of nowhere and proceeds to layeth the smackdown on their candyasses. Worth it for the hilarity alone.

And don't forget his grappling cable ability when he opens up on a target. All other tanking companions pull the target to them....not Blizz. He ends up getting pulled to the target. First time I saw that I laughed for 5 minutes.

Also laugh every time an elite gets beaten down by Blizz....."Dude...you just got knocked the *BLEEP* out....BY A JAWA!!!!!"

Edited by UndyingImhotep

Skadge...just no. I just got him on Belsavis and can't find a thing to like about him, character-wise. He's an awesome tank, but as for personality? I'd prefer a brick wall. Really. I had a conversation with him, and when I told him to find his own entertainment, his response was that when he got bored back in prison someone got stabbed. I threatened him...and it gained affection. Conversation after that, he says he hates my crew, and Blizz was asking to get shot. I told him my crew was great. -832 affection.

Skadge...just no.

• 3 years later...

Clearly most of you have entirely missed the point of the word "appreciation". BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO GO AROUND. I actually googled this just to see if I was the only person who actually genuinely likes this character.

I'm not entirely convinced that most of this hate is solely based on appearance. Everyone knows he looks like a year old pile of dog ****. But he's actually pretty funny. Sure, he's the definition of Horrible Person, but isn't that what you play imp side for? Horrible people? I mean come on. Sure Mako and Torian are adorable puppies, but let's face it. Torian has no sense of humor, none. And half the time he doesn't bother to translate. The boy speaks two sentences per conversation if you're lucky. And mako is precious and quirky, her conversation line is incredibly well written, but you may as well crawl in a dark whole if you're not mostly or entirely lightside. No one likes being guilted and yelled at. My point here is that they can get boring.

But if you're tough enough to go darkside, Skadge is great. And he says some funny stuff along the way. His conversation line is pretty entertaining too. It can really feel like two bros banging around the galaxy having a good time. Even if you just wanna pick on him he's worth bringing. He's a nice alternative to Gault if you want someone tougher and with a less whiny voice to compliment your big scary bounty hunter.

So yeah. That's my essay of unpopular opinion.

Clearly most of you have entirely missed the point of the word "appreciation". BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO GO AROUND. I actually googled this just to see if I was the only person who actually genuinely likes this character.

I'm not entirely convinced that most of this hate is solely based on appearance. Everyone knows he looks like a year old pile of dog ****. But he's actually pretty funny. Sure, he's the definition of Horrible Person, but isn't that what you play imp side for? Horrible people? I mean come on. Sure Mako and Torian are adorable puppies, but let's face it. Torian has no sense of humor, none. And half the time he doesn't bother to translate. The boy speaks two sentences per conversation if you're lucky. And mako is precious and quirky, her conversation line is incredibly well written, but you may as well crawl in a dark whole if you're not mostly or entirely lightside. No one likes being guilted and yelled at. My point here is that they can get boring.

But if you're tough enough to go darkside, Skadge is great. And he says some funny stuff along the way. His conversation line is pretty entertaining too. It can really feel like two bros banging around the galaxy having a good time. Even if you just wanna pick on him he's worth bringing. He's a nice alternative to Gault if you want someone tougher and with a less whiny voice to compliment your big scary bounty hunter.

So yeah. That's my essay of unpopular opinion.

You're not the only one. Well, I can't say that I LIKE Skadge, but I do find him funny. He has much more personality than Torian, to be honest.

You're not the only one. Well, I can't say that I LIKE Skadge, but I do find him funny. He has much more personality than Torian, to be honest.

Nice to see a few people that at least don't hate him. He's not my favorite from that crew. But it kinda bums me out to see him get no love.