Reverse Engineering Vibroknives

mcgyvrsn

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, I did a quick search didn't turn up much. I've seen people having problems with RE in general.

Has anyone actually unlocked a new blue/purp schematic for a vibroknife via RE? I've attempted to unlock a blue version of Spec Ops Vibroknife for my Op without much luck. Are there certain vibroknives that can get upgrades via RE? I know there's some schematics you can unlock that have blue quality vibroknives, but that's about it.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

I have seen several threads about this, but they are hard to track down (BIOWARE!! PLEASE GIVE US A FORUM SEARCH FEATURE)

Anyway.. I believe the general consensus is that you can NOT RE a green Vibroknife and recieve a Blue version of it. And since you must RE to a blue before you can RE that blue to a purple....

The one question I still have about it is the Blue schematic for Vibroknoves that you can get from missions.. you *might* be able to RE that to purple, but I have no real information on that. I might give it a try later, just to see.

I like being an Armstech, but I agree.. We can not make blue/purple vibroknives, I have not seen a single recipe drop in operations, and we can not make barrels that compare to ones you purchase with daily commendations. All of that needs to be fixed.

We should also be able to craft some Orange weapons before lvl 50 (which require BoP crafting materials), other Crafters can do this, why not Armstech?

I have seen several threads about this, but they are hard to track down (BIOWARE!! PLEASE GIVE US A FORUM SEARCH FEATURE)

Anyway.. I believe the general consensus is that you can NOT RE a green Vibroknife and recieve a Blue version of it. And since you must RE to a blue before you can RE that blue to a purple....

The one question I still have about it is the Blue schematic for Vibroknoves that you can get from missions.. you *might* be able to RE that to purple, but I have no real information on that. I might give it a try later, just to see.

There is a search bar, it's right above this post.

Just wanted to post my findings. I was trying to reverse engineer which Vibroknife requires level 21 to use for my alt today. I went through about 50 of them before I decided it was time to google the issue.

Glad I'm not just getting amazingly unlucky.

This is bug a HUGE problem. 99% of people aren't going to happen to read about this on that sticky. They are going to craft dozens if not hundreds of their item and try to reverse engineer the item they want. When they don't get it, many will think "damn, I'm just unlucky" because that is apparently what BioWare wants crafters to think when trying to get purple patterns. Not only is it poor design, it's VERY poor policy to let a bug like this linger.

This is bug a HUGE problem. 99% of people aren't going to happen to read about this on that sticky. They are going to craft dozens if not hundreds of their item and try to reverse engineer the item they want. When they don't get it, many will think "damn, I'm just unlucky" because that is apparently what BioWare wants crafters to think when trying to get purple patterns. Not only is it poor design, it's VERY poor policy to let a bug like this linger.

Even if the issue is the higher schematics don't exist and they'd have to make them from scratch, how hard is it to put in a red warning when you RE an offhand "YOU WILL NEVER EVER SUCCEED!!! NO BLUE SCHEMATICS EXIST!"? It's been a freakin month.

Even if the issue is the higher schematics don't exist and they'd have to make them from scratch, how hard is it to put in a red warning when you RE an offhand "YOU WILL NEVER EVER SUCCEED!!! NO BLUE SCHEMATICS EXIST!"? It's been a freakin month.

Probably harder than to enable recipes to proc properly.

The way the RE system is set up creates the expectation that you will have to try between 5-50 times (or more, if you're really unlucky) to find a new schematic. It's painful enough when it works - subverting this expectation without warning or explanation creates unnecessary frustration.

A tag that explains that a particular class of items can't be improved would avoid a lot of crafter angst.

The thing which most bothers me most about this issue is that I have not even seen an acknowledgement of it from BioWare. As someone else pointed out, people are generally unlikely to be aware of it until they have tried to RE something unsuccessfully enough times that they get fed up and look for information. This is an issue which can cause people to waste significant amounts of resources/credits and as far as I can tell BioWare isn't even admitting that it's a bug.

I'm pretty sure there are some items which can't be RE'ed. Couldn't they disable RE for these until the issue were fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently submitted a ticket on the subject, after spending a very long time RE'ing a few score of vibroknives. The response was that this was, "working as intended".

At the very least they should warn you with a confirmation dialog when trying to RE these and shotguns, "Unlike everything else, Reverse Engineering this will not give a chance at improving your schematic, proceed?"

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell didn't I google this previously.

Re'd about 300 level 13 and level 17 vibroknives with no result, how about Bioware actually helps it's players out a little, drops that cannot be RE'd actually come up with "No Reverse Engineering information available" or words to that effect, would be nice if they could be bothered to do the same for the craftables they couldn't be bothered putting in higher quality recipes for.

People might think I'd have realised way before 300, but I have about 9 level 49 purple chest schematics on my Synthweaving main and some of those took hundreds of RE's.

• 3 months later...
Personally, I have successfully reversed a few of my knives... specifically, the "Vibroknife of Nimble Riposte" (lvl 17) ... Got an "Overkill Vibroknife of Nimble Riposte"... also the "Silent Warden's Blade" (lvl 33) yielded an "Overkill" version, as well... From the "Vibroknife of Dire Triage" (lvl 37) I got a "Redoubt" AND an "Overkill" version... and the lvl50 "Watchful Blade's Vibroknife" reversed into a "Redoubt".... I haven't tried going to the next tier with any of them... but trust me, guys, it CAN be done.

Personally, I have successfully reversed a few of my knives... specifically, the "Vibroknife of Nimble Riposte" (lvl 17) ... Got an "Overkill Vibroknife of Nimble Riposte"... also the "Silent Warden's Blade" (lvl 33) yielded an "Overkill" version, as well... From the "Vibroknife of Dire Triage" (lvl 37) I got a "Redoubt" AND an "Overkill" version... and the lvl50 "Watchful Blade's Vibroknife" reversed into a "Redoubt".... I haven't tried going to the next tier with any of them... but trust me, guys, it CAN be done.

You are replying to an old thread. When this thread started it was in fact NOT possible at all. Patch 1.2 fixed this, so yes you can now RE Vibroknives/Shotguns normally.

Edited by Rhaphael

• 9 months later...