Cartel Market

WolffePL

I have 2 questions:

1. Here- http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/#6 we have CZ-13K armor and we have picture next to description, but here- http://www.torhead.com/item/3xNoip8/cz-13k-guerrilla-chestplate- it looks totally different :p . Do u know how it really looks like? (I don't have any characters on PTS and I don't want to download all swtor again to see one armor)

2. Can I send items bought in Cartel Market from one character to another? I don't want to buy the same armor more than once.

About 2.

Isn't it that they start bound to that char, and then get unbound so you can send them. But have we seen if they get bound for good if you actually use them on a char? Would make more sense, sadly, that they get bound to the char using them.

/Triserpent

Isn't it that they start bound to that char, and then get unbound so you can send them. But have we seen if they get bound for good if you actually use them on a char?

That is correct.

a. Initially after purchase, they are bound to the purchaser for a set amount of time (that will vary based on subscriber level, longer for Free players)

b. Once the item is equipped/used, it is bound to the user.

So, if the purchaser equips or uses the item within the purchase cooldown window, it is bound to them permanently even after the cooldown period expires. But if they don't equip or use it, they can send the object to whomever they're capable of sending it do (given mail restrictions on some accounts) or post it on the GTN or use it themselves.

I have 2 questions:

1. Here- http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/#6 we have CZ-13K armor and we have picture next to description, but here- http://www.torhead.com/item/3xNoip8/cz-13k-guerrilla-chestplate- it looks totally different :p . Do u know how it really looks like? (I don't have any characters on PTS and I don't want to download all swtor again to see one armor)

2. Can I send items bought in Cartel Market from one character to another? I don't want to buy the same armor more than once.

One is CZ-18k Avalanche, the other CZ-13k Guerrilla... so ofcourse they are different :rolleyes:

One is CZ-18k Avalanche, the other CZ-13k Guerrilla... so ofcourse they are different :rolleyes:

No, both those links are related to the CZ-13K Guerilla, but I don't actually see a screenshot on the TORhead site associated with it, outside of the icon.

Awwww and here I thought that you could buy the throne straight out. Now I am sad. It being a random drop, and knowing my luck, I'll never get it. QQ

All Cartel Box items will unbind after a certain number of days, and if someone gets duplicates, they may very well throw it up on the GTN.

They'll probably be priced at a billion credits given how in demand they'll likely be, but if you're one of those players with a lot of credits, that may be another option if the RNG isn't kind to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or gives these away to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?

I personally don't agree with the restrictiveness of armor, storage, GTN sales etc. Since there is nothing in the Cartel I want then i'd like to be able to purchase Authorizations with my free coins and give them to friends and guildies. But, will it even be possible?

Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or gives these away to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?

[...] i'd like to be able to purchase Authorizations with my free coins and give them to friends and guildies. But, will it even be possible?

All Cartel Market purchases are objectified in the game--that is to say, if you go through the Cartel Market and buy something, it's delivered as an object in your inventory.

The object is bound to you for a certain time period (which is based on your subscription level, less for Premium, more for Free), but after the time period elapses, it's unbound and becomes a freely tradeable object.

You can trade it, send it to people in mail, or put it up on the GTN, just like any other unbound object in the game.