Ranked warzone clarification

donthedondon

Totherkins - Pj-b didn't successfully troll all of ld-50 , i addressed him because pj-b like many of your other members aren't smart enough to think for themselves and probably sit in guild chat with troy and his merry band of baddies and say stuff like "we beat pvp on this server" , "we came over from the fatman and we run this server no one wants to q ranked against us", you know dillusional stuff like that. When in fact you guys are now a pve guild , only time i'll see troy and many of your memvers is when you guys have 8 of you's in a regular wz. I just wanted to address this lie before it went "viral".

Jaiden - i wish i could come heal for you guys and reading this thread it sounds like imp side still needs some consolidation,

ooo combat as a healing partner wouldnt suck :p i think we queing up tonight if Gil is around

Edited by dego-harmonium

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our guild was queuing for RWZs somewhat regularly prior to 1.6, but since we have so many under geared players due to primarily being a PvE guild, we have utilized 1.6 to get the gear we need to be a little more competitive. Look for EH to start queuing relatively quickly, hopefully bring a little more frequency to pops and offer some cupcake wins to those who have been RWZ queuing for a while now. :D

My guild (The Einherjar) is primarily focused on 16m OPS but there is a lot of building interest in pvp that we've been cultivating over the last few weeks. We've been running some groups in regs to get comms for WH gear for some of our members who have never pvp'ed before.

We threw together a group a few nights ago and qued for ranked. We had three very close and competitive matches in quick succession and folks loved it. The other teams were very respectful and sportsman like which was great to see. Probably some time after the holidays we are planning to que regularly on non-raid nights (thinking maybe Fridays ~9 server time).

In the meantime, if others are queing and you see me logged in, shoot me a whisper. If we're not already doing something else, we will try to pull a group together.

Jaiden - i wish i could come heal for you guys and reading this thread it sounds like imp side still needs some consolidation,

Go for it. Swap sides and see what it's like. I don't know if your guild would let you do that, but quite frequently we have run rateds with other people (outside the guild). Heck we've shared out mumble so it's not uncommon to see all kinds in there.

Edited by Krozis

Completely agree.

As for LD50 queue dodging us, they don't. I actually respect them more than most other guilds because they're one of the few that actually queue up for ranked without needing crutches such as bubble stun and 4 smashers for their comp. Like us, they play with who is on.

The only guilds that really q dodges us is ironically Unicorn Stampede and Team Lucky 7. So its pretty funny that Unicorn is calling people out for q dodging when I feel like they do it by far the most.

I just have to address this because I’m part of teamlucky7. I have a lot of respect for uncensored not just for the high level they play in but also because they played a part in mentoring us in the ranked competitions (particularly ilye and devil) and will always be grateful for that. I have to say that I agree with your general feeling regarding dodging queues. In fact I have quit the guild for a short while because I did not like the direction that we were going. But I have talk with several of my guild members since then and have assured me that this type of behaviour will not happen again.

However, to be fair with my guild, you have to understand that our team is simply not in the same level with uncensored or watchmen/ld50. We still do not have consistent core group of 8 players that play together consistently. From my personal observation, there are only 2-3 other players in my guild that consistently plays that is fully geared and good. When we do queue for ranked our team composition is always changing, sometimes we have complimentary players, sometimes it’s a total disaster with just one healer or tank, but most of the times we have undergeared players that still have recruit/battlemaster on (though we are hoping to remedy this shortly because of 1.6).. But we still queue. I also agree with the principle of “getting better by playing better teams”, but it’s really hard to learn anything new when you are getting rofl-stomped and to convince your guild members to re-queue after. I suspect that part of the problem is the matchmaking system that bioware implemented and that there are only a few teams. Personally, I do not really mind losing that way but bear in mind that all we really learn from getting roflstomped is that our team still has to get better.

I’m not justifying what my guild did or queue dodging in general, because I do understand that the other team will be left stuck on a map for 10min and that it's really a distasteful behaviour, but all I can really ask for is some understanding here.

Why do people keep saying this? You are aware that a full min/maxed EWH set is a solid upgrade over the normal set. Right?

Check my armoury if you desire.

Off topic-

Because it is true. EWH weapons, relics, and armorings are upgrades.

The mods, enhancements, ears and implants are garbage for what you have to pay (for slingers it is worse than WH or +1) . That by definition is terrible IMO. Solid upgrade is falsing. Minimal upgrade and not worth the time is more like it.

On topic-

We tried organizing ranked Qs. We don't dodge. Tell us to Q and we will be there outside of PVE Tuesday. We will even help fill your team. End of story.

Edited by iheartpants

have to agree with Turbo, IDK why they just cant copy the previous sets gear (providing it was a somewhat optimized set) and just have the same bonus's on each piece, and increase them every set. kinda tired of grinding out the equivelant to almost 4 sets of gear between my pve/pvp set to have my set right. My dream be making the pve set truly viable in warzones, and have the expertise + the lower stats on pvp gear ballance out the difference the two sets kinda how they did in WoW, people in T2 naxx gear used to faceroll in warzones until they added a expertise like stat to PVP gear, (but it did make all the pot farming for that raid worth while facerolling peeps in warzones) Edited by dego-harmonium

Was good to see LD50 tonight in Ranked. We had fun playing you guys in rateds. Let's hope we can make this a weekly thing! :)

- Bones

Yup! seen a few different teams , was a good night of rateds , gj bloodline and tryhards united on the competitive games let's em keep em rolling !

Off topic-

Because it is true. EWH weapons, relics, and armorings are upgrades.

The mods, enhancements, ears and implants are garbage for what you have to pay (for slingers it is worse than WH or +1) . That by definition is terrible IMO. Solid upgrade is falsing. Minimal upgrade and not worth the time is more like it.

I feel pretty much obligated at this point to respond.

63 armoring: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/36143/elite-war-hero-stalkers-handwraps-%28armoring%29

61 armoring: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/36136/war-hero-stalkers-handwraps-%28armoring%29

63 mod: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35076/war-heros-aptitude-mod-27

61 mod: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35073/war-heros-aptitude-mod-26

63 enhancement: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/37533/war-heros-adept-enhancement-27

61 enhancement: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/37534/war-heros-adept-enhancement-26

Gains from 1 piece from 61 - 63:

+8 End

+4 WP

+2 Power

+1 Surge

For the sake of saving time, let's say one's gear was setup in such a way where the other four pieces were output in the same way.

8x5 = 40 End

4x5 = 20 WP

2x5 = 10 Power

1x5 = 5 Surge

This is only the 5 main set pieces, which is excluding the belt, bracers and off pieces which can be upgraded even further. As meaningless as it seems, think about it - you don't die in one hit nor do heals get someone up in 1 global. So the longer the battle goes on, the more these numbers matter. The Min/Maxed EWH set is a solid upgrade.

Remember how bad BM was when it first came out? The upgrades have always been 'small', but the multipliers in this game are large.

Edited by Xinika

Remember how bad BM was when it first came out? The upgrades have always been 'small', but the multipliers in this game are large.

Totally agree. The idea that the differences in EW gear are too marginal and not worth getting is stupid. In PVP slight stat boosts are magnified. Just my opinion but I think the EW gear is totally worth getting.

I feel pretty much obligated at this point to respond.

yadda yadda yadda.

I agree with what you said, and knew the numbers before I posted. The mods and enhancements aren't enough IMO for the time it takes to put in to get them that is all I am saying. We are arguing semantics m'lady! I disagree that it is 'solid'. If mods and enhancements got the same love the armoring did, I would call that solid.

Edited by iheartpants

I agree with what you said, and knew the numbers before I posted. The mods and enhancements aren't enough IMO for the time it takes to put in to get them that is all I am saying. We are arguing semantics m'lady! I disagree that it is 'solid'. If mods and enhancements got the same love the armoring did, I would call that solid.

Fair enough :)

I don't know about other classes/builds but merc/commando healing set stats are ****ed. Basically you have to use WH until you min/max EWH into usefulness. The majority of pieces replace surge,crit or power for alacrity which is useless, it makes you over heat. Some pieces have less and I think it's the ear piece or maybe implants that actually have LESS stats on them, ***?

Why can't bh's/trooper's get some love?

I don't know about other classes/builds but merc/commando healing set stats are ****ed. Basically you have to use WH until you min/max EWH into usefulness. The majority of pieces replace surge,crit or power for alacrity which is useless, it makes you over heat. Some pieces have less and I think it's the ear piece or maybe implants that actually have LESS stats on them, ***?

Why can't bh's/trooper's get some love?

yeah. i've just been swapping out the armorings and some of the mods. most of the enh have alac on them.

what really drives me crazy about it, though, is that the side stats change from tier to tier. e.g., I bought like 6 pairs of wh combat tech gloves for the enh. (crit/surge, iirc). now ewh comes out, but the ewh glove enhancements have acc/pwr instead of more crit/surge. omg! omg! omg! all that grinding I did and all those extra wh combat tech gloves are now COMPLETELY worthless. and to add insult to injury, I have to re-grind all new wh gloves/boots in order to purchase the ewh pcs that have the upgraded enh that should have been on the gloves as they were in the first place. :rak_02: