Tionese/Columni questions

Denarok

I went down the arsenal tree all 31 points, and trying to figure out which sets I need to pick up?

I just started the hardmode FP, and now have enough points to get 2 pieces of Tionese.

Is it better to just save everything for columni and don't bother with Tionese?

I was looking at the eliminator set and assume that is the one for DPS merc? The thing is the tionese pieces have much lower aim then what I am wearing now, currently I am wearing all daily mods and enhancements.

Also the bonus don't seem to be that great. Why do I need an extra 15% critical when I am at 31% and i heard anything higher then 30% is diminishing returns?

your half right there

the diminishing returns only apply to rating values, the amount the rating gives you has diminishing returns, not the crit chance itself. so really people's idea of how after 30% you'll have diminishing returns is only half true

so the better way to think of it is that anything that gives crit chance is applied AFTER the crit chance has been calculated by the rating and aim. so your talents, the crit buff from imperial agent, and your set bonuses will not be effected by the diminishing returns.

as for weither or not you should get the tionese gear or not, for the set bonus i think its worth it, but you will lose the crit which will be crucial. my suggestion is to get the rakata implants and ear from the dailies as soon as possible and get the ones with crit and surge on them. I believe these are the medic one. also you should get the medic bracers which I believe has crit on it as well. another good tip is to get the medic xenotech gloves from HM Kaon, which has crit and surge on it as well.

also dont forget that the tionese gear will also get yuo that accuracy cap which suprisingly makes a big difference.

Thanks for the info, well I got one rakota already but unfortunately took the wrong one, I got the one with Power, because at time my crit was at 33% and was thinking I should get more power.

I did not know that the crit bonus from the set is applied after that is great to know, so definitely get eliminator set.

Edited by Denarok