Why the hell isnt Force in Balance/deathfield an auto-crit?

MidichIorian

It's freaking silly how, in comparison to other specs in the game, poorly balance/madness parse. I bet that 99 % of all sages/sorcs out there couldnt break 3,4K DPS ON A PARSE in full 180's and I don't think anyone can consistently do it because you have to get extremely lucky with the crits. Also, I will consider all counter arguments on this point anecdotal because I know some of the 1 % sages/sorcs hang around here. You are not representing the reality out there.

As I see it the main reason to why madness/balance drop in output are the non-crits on DF/FiB. You can happily coast along at 3,8K ON A PARSE and as long as you get some good crits on DF/FiB but the second you miss one you're gone and with no real way of boosting back up. This repeats itself a couple of times until you're so far into the parse that they make less of a difference.

So why isnt it an auto-crit? Another consequence of potential hybrids? For how long are those damn hybrids going to hold back true spec balance?

Edited by MidichIorian

Omg u actualy gave me an idea, its also something maybe devs can use.

They want to pull balance equal with other specs right without touching the hybrid right ? Buff it a bit ?

Make FiB auto crit if target has a Sever Force on it.

Though would be a bit weird on pvp :/.

Just some food for thought.

They want to pull balance equal with other specs right without touching the hybrid right ? Buff it a bit ?

huzzah!!!!!! hakko i love yah :D

I've been thinking the same same thing and it would make sense since the Tele tree has a similar mechanic.

And to the guy above you, I'm talking about 3,8K damage per second over the course of a 1M dummy parse, not how much FiB hits for. The DPS in the parse you linked is 2400'ish.

Edited by MidichIorian

I've been thinking the same same thing and it would make sense since the Tele tree has a similar mechanic.

And to the guy above you, I'm talking about 3,8K damage per second over the course of a 1M dummy parse, not how much FiB hits for. The DPS in the parse you linked is 2400'ish.

You should probably have made that more clear in the OP, because the way it reads you're saying people can't break 3.4k hits with it.

I understood he meant full parse, not the skill damage itself.

Though I was afraid you were saying FiB/DF always crits on all enemies (which would be ridiculous for pvp, I'd love it but it'd get nerfed immediately).

Having Sever Force/Creeping Terror make the target an autocrit would be cool though, meaning you can have max 2autocrits at the same time.

::edit:: max 3 sry. But realistically 2.

Edited by Aerilas

It'll be similar to what focus is, only the target with SF will be critted ;).

It really sounds good in theory, PvE dps wise. I fear its consequences in pvp though.

I can already see 4 sages in arenas one shotting ppl with SF and insta oneshot FiBs :p.

You could always make it not work on players.

I truly think its a better way to buff balance instead of giving SF %40 dps boost. You can give the mechanic to Sever Force as well, which would make it inaccesible for hybrid builds.

You should probably have made that more clear in the OP, because the way it reads you're saying people can't break 3.4k hits with it.
Maybe but I figured that it was in context of a parse, which I mentioned earlier in the same paragraph.

Also, BW proved, with smash, that it's possible to have different mechanics in PvE and PvP. And yes, buffing sustained, such as the filler abilties (TkT/Dist) might be a safer approach. I do think that bother tele and balance could need a good dps boost in PvE.

Edited by MidichIorian

IDK why is that with you but my F.I.B hits anywhere between 6-8K damage and i'm running a hybrid spec
Another one who can't grasp something in the context of a PARSE, it has even been discussed in some of the previous replies. What is so hard to understand about it?

My FiB hits for +10K on some stuff, this isnt about the size of the individual hits.

Edited by MidichIorian