Solution for population imbalances and roflstomps

VinnieDaMac

Time and time again, one faction on each server completely dominates the other in Warzones/Battlegrounds. This isn't specific to just SWTOR or any other MMO out there.

The population of factions are inherently imbalanced. Essentially smaller population factions have a high concentration of skill and max levels putting large population factions at a disadvantage.

And so I'm proposing, what I think, is a new idea.

Perhaps when one faction is losing in a warzone, more players of the losing faction are allowed into the the current game. Then as the losing faction catches up (if they can), players of the opposite faction joins the battle until the game is even again, keeping games competitive and exciting.

So for example, if you're doing the Alderaan warzone as apart of the Empire and you're losing 500 to 400 resources, one more Empire player joins the match. Then lets say the Empire catches up and it's now 400 to 400, then one more Republic player joins the match and the match is now balanced again. This creates much more competitive games instead of all the blowouts that we usually get now.

Let's face it, when you're losing 500-200, there's almost no reason to even try anymore and this is when people either leave or just go afk for the rest of the match.

Also, why has no MMO implemented a Deathmatch style Warzone/Battleground?!

Edited by VinnieDaMac

Because there's open world PvP for those who want such a style. There's no kill counter or damage counter, but in general, open world PvP functions like an open ended TDM.

Edit: Suggestion seems well founded. I'll see what holes other people pick in it before I decide whether to support it or not.

Edited by Ferkles