lol demolisher round is out of control -pre-50, ya i know.. elitist 50s are warned

teambff

playing for 3 hours or so last night after patch with my 44 commando... i was a healer before but the healing seems to be really toned down from before, i wasn't getting even close to the same performance mainly because the dps seemed to really been pumped up and neither i, or my teammates were lasting as long as they used to.

anyway, so out of frustration with healing i decided to put on the old gunnery boots and give it a go.

while grav round seemed to be decreased in it's damage was my initial thought.. it used to slam at around 1.5-2.2k on normal targets and now it was down to about 900-1.5k.. then i started to unleash demolishing round and was blown back... when i used to try gunnery demolisher round was landing for about 1-1.5k and if i had full stacks of grav round it went up to the 2k mark... but now, yesterday i was landing 4.5-4.6k demolisher round shots... 3.6 was a consistent hit, for upwards of a 50% damage increase.

i've never experienced that much damage on my commando before and i did nothing out of the ordinary.

even i have to admit, that seems pretty op.

yes, i realize it's not level 50 but it's still a large performance increase nevertheless.

working as intended? is it performing similarly at the 50 level?

Edited by teambff

Dps class that can dps ^^. Still no match for my gunslinger though :p

so, are basically all dps classes noticing similar performance increase? what kind of hits are you getting on gunslinger?

i only passed a 3k hit a few times before on my scrapper with shoot first... so to hit for 4.6k was insane for me.

All pvp damage seems too high.

Bioware is quiet, but I can't help but wonder if there's a bug increasing damage or reducing defenses.

It seems they nerfed defenses in the hopes of preventing premade teams of healers/tanks from face rolling solo qued pvpers. They got the right idea, just might have been too severe. The end result is suppost to be that you need a mix of ALL classes to win, not just 2.

so, are basically all dps classes noticing similar performance increase? what kind of hits are you getting on gunslinger?

i only passed a 3k hit a few times before on my scrapper with shoot first... so to hit for 4.6k was insane for me.

I haven't noticed an increase in my dps on gunslinger, except on tanky targets in pvp maybe. 3k-5k hits are common place for gunslinger though on quite a few abilities...I mowed through people before, now I just destroy.

Been 50 and pvping for a long time so basically here it is (At least on Jekk Jekk)

Republic premades consist mostly of Troopers.

Troopers used to tear through a geared tank pretty quickly for 1 reason. That is the heat buff that BH's have as well, the full stack thingo. You get 3 troopers stacking that, its 15 stacks. Something we tested in PVE a while ago, now it may have changed but the more BH mercs in my group stacking that buff, the more damage went out.

The only reason why Empire don't do this is because sorcs have cool animation.

The reason why you do so much damage pre-50 is because there is no expertise. Im in full champ gear rocking 12% damage reduction + any benefits i get from tanking.

You also need to remember how much damage you do, will depend on who you target. You will do far more damage to a sorcerer than to a juggernaut.

the point though that i was making was that i personally saw a 50% + performance increase.

right now as it seems it was fixed my demo rounds are back to hitting for 1.8-2.4k full stack. as they pretty much were before yesterday... compare that to a sudden burst of reaching 4.6k lol... seriously it was insane that kind of increase.

had nothing to do with anything as i never changed anything, i was fighting the same people i always fight with the same gear i always had and then just BOOM a huge damage increase out of the blue for 1 day.

i'm sure everyone else normally hits for 10k, etc, etc. no big deal. i can't speak to all that as i don't know what other people experience.

all i can say is i had a massive 50% + bonus performance off demo round for that day.

Edited by teambff