Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

Rayla_Felana

I would believe Vader to have better telekinetic power but Bane.

I will tell you something that Rhyltran told me.

Most likely, if a character in the movies uses an ability or lightsaber form in the movie, he is usually going to be the greatest user of the ability or one of the greatest. But the character has to be in their prime when you are taking the statments. So Anakin Skywalker isn't gonna be the greatest master of Ataru even though he sequences from it in Ep. 2. But he was in his prime in Ep. 3 as Anakin and he used only Djem So.

Ex:

Mace Windu: Vapaad

Sidious: Force Lightning

Dooku: Makashi

Obi-wan Kenobi: Soresu, Diplomacy

Anakin Skywalker: Djem So and mastery of Force Push

Darth Vader: Telekinetic Power

Kit Fisto: Shii-Cho

Sidious: Mastery of all Forms of Lightsaber and great telekinetic power.

And the list will go on and on.

Most of the time that statement is right.

So who then would be in canon the best Ataru form user?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who then would be in canon the best Ataru form user?

My guess would be Yoda. He uses that form strictly to augment his mobility. Thanks to his age, he can't move very quickly, so he uses the Force and the Ataru form to allow him to hold his own against enemies like Dooku and Sidious. All that jumping around he does while attacking would be Ataru, if I am not mistaken.

I'm thinking Revan would get the hell out of dodge of Vader and Kun, let them duke it out and team up with Bane to finish whoever is left.

You assume the others are daft enough to fall for that, Vader isn't, Kun is too tricky and Bane would see the inevitable backstab coming.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

You assume the others are daft enough to fall for that, Vader isn't, Kun is too tricky and Bane would see the inevitable backstab coming.

If Bane and Revan teamed up what makes you think Revan would backstab him? And I was thinking that Vader and Kun would see eachother as the bigger threat and wouldn't bother with the other two. I don't know much about Kun though, other then the fact he's as big a force-god as the PT/NJO era jedi/sith are. I guess Vader or Kun could get Revan and Bane to join them but wouldnt they just be in the way? And I would guess a backstab coming from one of them would be obvious.

Bane might want to fight Revan though..depending on which Revan we are talking about.

If Bane and Revan teamed up what makes you think Revan would backstab him? And I was thinking that Vader and Kun would see eachother as the bigger threat and wouldn't bother with the other two. I don't know much about Kun though, other then the fact he's as big a force-god as the PT/NJO era jedi/sith are. I guess Vader or Kun could get Revan and Bane to join them but wouldnt they just be in the way? And I would guess a backstab coming from one of them would be obvious.

Bane might want to fight Revan though..depending on which Revan we are talking about.

All of these opponents are in their prime: Dynasty Bane(Post-Orbalisks), Reborn Revan, Dark Lord Exar Kun and Jedi Purge Vader(post-Mustafar).

Let's put it this way, this is a free for all, lets say all of them have been searching for some lost holocron blad-e-blah, they all want it for their own reasons, Eg. Gives Revan power enough to destroy Vitiate, Vader to beat Sidious, Bane to become immortal, Kun, because he's a douche.

I don't see any of them teaming up, Bane would just flat-out not work with a Jedi period, he'd hate Kun for not being a Banite Sith and he'd probably want Vader to prove himself, Kun would want to solidify his power, Vader would want to kill them on principal of the Rule of Two and Revan would never again trust a Sith after Scourge.

Honostly in a 1v1 fight exar kun could probably stand toe to toe with any of these guys but in this fight a battle royal he will be the first to die.

When you talk about these guys you have to remember to take personallity traits into account even at his prime Kun was arogant and believed himself to be the greatest saber duelist of all time. He was ignorant of Djem so as it had yet to be invented so the moment he sees vader and banes stance he is going to judge them as amatuers using a blaster deflection form (shien) is lightsaber combat. The moment that happens he will go for one of them to start to wipe out "the weak ones" and will quickly be thrown off balance the quick and powerful counter attacks of either person. The moment that happens both Vader and Bane will decend upon him its Djem So's nature to dominate a fight so once he is off balance just count him as dead niether Bane nor Vader will let him recover after this.

Revan though he is the weakest one here is not arogant enough to rush in like that at his prime he will stay back and watch the death of Kun and realize his opponents strength. He will be one to try to team up with either Vader or Bane temporarily to take the other down unfortunately for Revan regardless of the person he teams with that person will just kill him afterwards Revan can't beat either Vader or Bane in 1v1.

Honostly Revan will most likely be the next person to be taken down do largly to both bane's and Vader's experience in the Dun Mash tactic they are probably both going to convince the other to go for Revan as neither of them are foolish enough at this stage to try to take on 2 opponents at once. which means it will come down to a fight between Vader and Bane.

Vader and Bane pretty much use the same style of Djem So and Dun Mash to fight so its pretty much going to come down to who is more powerful so when it comes down to it my prediction is vader while bane is physically strong he is not as strong as vader and while his force feats are impressive most of them are not utilized in combat while all of Vader's force feats were used in combat. Do to this I would give Vader the edge in both physical strength and in combat Force power, and since they are both pretty much the same stylistically this will decide the fight.

Winner= Vader

I suppose one question is whether Revan is Darth Revan or redeemed Revan. Darth Malak does tell you at the end of the first game that you are stronger than you ever were during your reigns as the Dark Lord, but even so, one could say that exactly when Revan's prime is something of a point of contention.

This would be relatively interesting.

Exar Kun uses a saber staff and knows how to use it, but would not know Djem So. So while a skilled saber staff use is extremely dangerous, his unfamiliarity with Djem So would be a weakness.

Revan is skilled with several saber forms and typically uses two lightsabers, which has advantages and disadvantages. He'd be weak against some Djem So attacks, if he didn't know what was doing, but I think he's not an idiot, so I don't think Bane or Vader could exploit that. Revan also knows about Exar Kun, so he may know some tidbits about Exar Kun's fighting techniques.

Bane has his living armor that is resistant to lightsabers, but weak against lightning. Bane also probably has some knowledge of Kun and Revan.

Vader is powerful and uses Djem So. He has some weakness to force lightning, he'd also have the most knowledge concerning his opponents of the group.

As to who would win, whomever could be drawn into attacking first would likely be the first to die, regardless of power.

Temperment:

Exar Kun: Seemed rather full of himself (like most Sith), he may have an overconfidence in his abilities too.

Revan: Is extremely patient for a Sith and a skilled tactician, odds of him getting drawn into making the first move is rather low.

Bane: From what I've read he is extremely short tempered, he also would believe he is invincible.

Darth Vader: In his prime Vader was incredibly patient when the situation called for it, he had a temper but not like Bane.

Probable Scenario:

Exar Kun would probably be his annoying self and thus would be attacked by Bane. Revan and Vader would likely wait long enough to ascertain their opponents before charging in like complete idiots. Assuming Kun doesn't figure out Bane's Vulnerability then Kun is toast, otherwise Bane is toast. Kun's technique isn't the greatest when it comes to close in combat (potential of skewering yourself), Djem So has an advantage of shear power.

It's likely Kun would be the first to fall and Revan then uses force lightning on Bane after seeing the saber doesn't work. Leaving the fight between Vader and Revan, Djem So versus Force Lightning.

I think Revan would win this, because he would be the least likely to be drawn into attacking first, and the best tactician of the group.

Bane thinks he's invincible which is another contributing factor to this analysis and he would probably be the first person to attack. He'd consider Exar Kun his primary competition most likely, therefore they would be the two likely to be bumped off first.

Bane and Kun will either kill each other or Revan would fry Bane, or Vader would skewer Exar Kun. Something along those lines.

If Bane didn't believe he was invincible and wasn't as short tempered as he was, then likely Bane would be the winner, but since he does have those flaws (Vader can't take on Bane due to inability to use force lightning), it would have to be Kun or Revan that takes down Bane.

All Revan needs is an opening and he could probably take down Bane and Vader at the same time. If raw power was the deciding factor, Exar Kun or Darth Vader would be the victor, but I don't think power will be the deciding factor in this, instead it would go to whom is best able to tactically assess his opposition and least likely to be drawn into a rash action, the victor would probably be Revan.

This would be relatively interesting.

Exar Kun uses a saber staff and knows how to use it, but would not know Djem So. So while a skilled saber staff use is extremely dangerous, his unfamiliarity with Djem So would be a weakness.

Revan is skilled with several saber forms and typically uses two lightsabers, which has advantages and disadvantages. He'd be weak against some Djem So attacks, if he didn't know what was doing, but I think he's not an idiot, so I don't think Bane or Vader could exploit that. Revan also knows about Exar Kun, so he may know some tidbits about Exar Kun's fighting techniques.

Bane has his living armor that is resistant to lightsabers, but weak against lightning. Bane also probably has some knowledge of Kun and Revan.

Vader is powerful and uses Djem So. He has some weakness to force lightning, he'd also have the most knowledge concerning his opponents of the group.

As to who would win, whomever could be drawn into attacking first would likely be the first to die, regardless of power.

Temperment:

Exar Kun: Seemed rather full of himself (like most Sith), he may have an overconfidence in his abilities too.

Revan: Is extremely patient for a Sith and a skilled tactician, odds of him getting drawn into making the first move is rather low.

Bane: From what I've read he is extremely short tempered, he also would believe he is invincible.

Darth Vader: In his prime Vader was incredibly patient when the situation called for it, he had a temper but not like Bane.

Probable Scenario:

Exar Kun would probably be his annoying self and thus would be attacked by Bane. Revan and Vader would likely wait long enough to ascertain their opponents before charging in like complete idiots. Assuming Kun doesn't figure out Bane's Vulnerability then Kun is toast, otherwise Bane is toast. Kun's technique isn't the greatest when it comes to close in combat (potential of skewering yourself), Djem So has an advantage of shear power.

It's likely Kun would be the first to fall and Revan then uses force lightning on Bane after seeing the saber doesn't work. Leaving the fight between Vader and Revan, Djem So versus Force Lightning.

I think Revan would win this, because he would be the least likely to be drawn into attacking first, and the best tactician of the group.

Bane thinks he's invincible which is another contributing factor to this analysis and he would probably be the first person to attack. He'd consider Exar Kun his primary competition most likely, therefore they would be the two likely to be bumped off first.

Bane and Kun will either kill each other or Revan would fry Bane, or Vader would skewer Exar Kun. Something along those lines.

If Bane didn't believe he was invincible and wasn't as short tempered as he was, then likely Bane would be the winner, but since he does have those flaws (Vader can't take on Bane due to inability to use force lightning), it would have to be Kun or Revan that takes down Bane.

All Revan needs is an opening and he could probably take down Bane and Vader at the same time. If raw power was the deciding factor, Exar Kun or Darth Vader would be the victor, but I don't think power will be the deciding factor in this, instead it would go to whom is best able to tactically assess his opposition and least likely to be drawn into a rash action, the victor would probably be Revan.

Your scenario is very well thought out, unfortunately the major flaw is Revan being the victor. Vader is the better duelist and far more powerful wielder of the Force. Revan doesn't have a chance.

But still a very good assesment of the battle.

I think i would agree with GarfieldJL on the battle assessment. Vader and Revan are way to patient to go head long at an unfamiliar enemy and are too smart to team up with any of the others. They would both wait for the right moment and strike hard. If it came down to Vader and Revan it would get complicated. Vader beats Revan on shear lightsaber combat and has a variety of force abilities that he incorporates into his close combat. Revan uses differenct styles of saber combat and is no slouch in the force either. I think Vader has an advantage and would turn this into a lightsaber duel asap and try to overwhelm Revan considering that is his major strong suite. Revans chance would be surviving long enough to get in a good force lightning. But Vader was not at all generous with giving openings(even microscopic ones). I think it would come down to patience and timing. Miss your chance and your dead.(side note Revan was very good at persuading people to his side. however the chances of that happening in this instance is very unlikely. even tho i am a fan of Revan)

Your scenario is very well thought out, unfortunately the major flaw is Revan being the victor. Vader is the better duelist and far more powerful wielder of the Force. Revan doesn't have a chance.

But still a very good assesment of the battle.

I have to agree with this I thought the same thing when I read it if it comes down to 1v1 Vader vs Revan, revan is finished Vader is physically stronger and stronger in the Force and a better saber duelist, and he is not a slouche in the tactics department especially saber dueling tactics he learned from his mistake on Mustifar he menuevers his opponent to where they are cornered now and doesn't let himself be cornered. Revan doesn't really stand a chance against any of these 3 in a 1v1 fight only through a back stab where he has figured out an opponents weakness before hand (like depicted here) would he be able to get a kill but once its down to 1v1 Revan is finished.

Edited by tunewalker

Revan, actually, primarily uses only one lightsaber. And all this hate is quite undeserving and the idea that Exar Kun could convince him of anything is downright laughable. In terms of tactical genius, charisma and knowledge of the Force, Revan has them all outclassed. As for Bane, he is just as good at Djem So as Vader was, and could use more powers of the Force. And, more than likely, would see Revan as more of a master or mentor, due to having learned from Darth Revan's holocron and forming the idea to create the Rule of Two. More than likely, Bane and Revan would form a temporary teaming arrangement to take down the others before turning on each other.

While Exar Kun may try and possibly get Vader on his side, it's highly unlikely he'll get anything out of Vader than a few short words and the sound of his respirator. Vader would have no qualms about taking on the other three alone, however he'd be quickly overwhelmed and defeated. Exar Kun, due to his arrogance and belief in his own ability, is also likely to fight alone and try to take everyone himself. Which would be a mistake.

Ultimately, this may come down to Revan and Bane. These two are the most likely to sit back and wait to see how the other fight goes before making any moves of their own. Bane, after losing the Orbalisks, learned the virtue of patience and planned things further ahead in the future than most could see. Revan has always exercised patience and has a keen tactical mind and one strong enough to resist the constant mental assault from the Sith Emperor for almost three centuries. It was also because of Revan's influence that the Sith Emperor called for the peace signing with the Treaty of Coruscant rather than destroy the Republic right then and there after the Sacking of Coruscant. And it was heavily implied that Revan was the only thing keeping the Sith Emperor from communicating with the Dark Council and his other vessels.

Vadar would win since he has the advantage of knowing all the others. As the most recent dark lord he would of studied all the others and know their strengths, weaknesses and motives. He on the other hand would be a total unknown to the others.

Thats actually a good point, I never thought about that.