So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

This is a Major blow to my gameplay. At level 50 I waited over 3 hours tonight for a group finder pop and it never came. I don't really know what is holding bioware back from doing cross server at this point. Do I PVP or PVE? since i can't do both. I would rather PVE except I can't because by the time i get a group and finish the instance i'm 4 hours of gameplay in. How many people seriously have 5 hours of gameplay in them a day to finish one hard mode? Even Blizzard laughed at bioware for not doing something that is considered standard operating procedure by cross servering warzones and instances. I really love this game ive stuck with it since beta. But if 5 hours a day of staring at the computer unable to go afk waiting for a group is the only thing i can do in my progression then the good times are over. I seriously don't want to go play guild wars or panda land but what options are we being given? If you don't want us to leave pvp for pve then make it so we can PVE and don't have to pvp just to waste some time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried to queue for both on the fleet and I was able to.

So I assume you're complaining that when one queue pops/you enter a WZ you're no longer queued for the other.

That imo makes sense.

I understand that you feel that it makes sense, but let me show this to you a logical way.

Why would a PvPer want to bother queuing for The Foundry? Because (Pre 1.4) it's easy. We know it can take a good long while for the Flash Point queue to pop, so while we wait, we run War Zones. Running War Zones passes that time for us, since we can't stand to run planet missions. Planet missions have lost their appeal, since I have ran planet missions on 6 other level 50's. I would run about 4 or 5 Flash Points a day doing this.

Wow, 1.4 is here and I can no longer stay in queue for the Flash Point when I enter a PvP match. Ouch. So at first, I queue for a Flash Point and I sit and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...until 2 and a half hours pass. By this point I am frustrated and annoyed to a point that I log out of the game.

Well, now it's today. Now, that lesson was learned yesterday. Guess what? I don't queue for Flash Points anymore...at all. And guess what else? Neither do a few other people I have spoken to about this. Guess what else? If you are a PvP server, and you like to run Flash Points to level your character...that's a whole bunch of people who do not queue anymore, so not only does it hinder my leveling progression, but now it affects yours too.

Something people do not seem to understand about MMO...what affects me, will have either a positive or a negative affect on you, since we are all ripples in the same pond. Now, since I no longer queue anymore, it will take even longer (By an unknown percentage) for the Flash Point to queue for you. Add (Who knows how many, but I already know I am not the only person who has decided to stop queuing for Flash Points) a few dozen more players who took this same stance, and that adds to the time factor of your wait time to join another Flash Point queue.

Now take in to affect, that the timers are growing for the Flash Point queue waits and people who become less patient and aggravated over the wait times. They too begin to find the Group Finder a waste of time, and they too stop queuing. This in turn adds another pebble to the pond and causes the wait times for the Group Finder to be even longer.

The more this vicious cycle happens, the longer the queue times will be, until.....nobody queues for them at all.

So what happens now? Well, since nobody queues for the Group Finder anymore, that will force the remaining players who still wish to run Flash Points to start spamming in General Chat for teams. Which in turn is going to annoy others, so you will have flaming happening while you are trying to do so. Well well, guess what? We are right back to square one from the days before the Group Finder was created.

Simple foresight and logic.

I know for me, I quit a WS when a queue pops if it looks like I can not complete the WZ within the time frame given.

What I don't get is this: Why is ragequit bad but leaving because group finder popped acceptable behavior ?

I don't get how it's any different apart from the reason why you're leaving the warzone, which I don't think anyone really cares because either way your team suddenly has one less player.

I don't mean to offend you or anyone else who does that, but I just don't get how one thing is bad and the other is good, when essentially they have the exact same outcome for your teammates.

Edited by TheNahash

Well, I can cheer cause I think the Group Finder sucks anyway and I really really don't want it in any game. It was a disaster when it was implemented in WoW and it has not been any better here.

BUT - moving on, what is the problem of doing this:

Queue for both.

PvP pops - do the PvP match.

Queue for both.

PvP pops - dot he PvP match.

Queue for both.

Perhaps a flashpoint pops?

Is that a huge problem?

Edit, addition:

After thinking about it, an even better way would be that you cannot get invited to a group of PvP while doing FP or invited to a FP while doing PvP, but you remain on the top of FP list if one should have popped for you while you were doing a WZ.

What I mean is that you keep your queued time but the pop can only happen between FP/PvP for the other.

Edited by LordRahlik

If people are mostly declining the PvE queue when it pops anyway, it's pointless to bother queueing for it.

People get annoyed when waiting a few hours for a queue, just to have yet another decline it when it pops. One evening I spent an hour and a half in queue and had a 8 declines in that time, some of which made me wait out the entire "Accept" timer while I dropped everything I was doing to wait it out.

I end up leaving the queue because I get the impression we have people trolling it by staying in queue with no intention of ever joining the flash point. I know I'm not the only one, because people comment about this often enough in General chat.

I suggest people who are waiting in both queues simply leave the other queue whenever they enter a match (and vice versa) to spare everyone else the annoyance, unless they actually intend to "Accept" when the queue pops.

Edited by ProsaicProse

If people are mostly declining the PvE queue when it pops anyway, it's pointless to bother queueing for it.

People get annoyed when waiting a few hours for a queue, just to have yet another decline it when it pops. One evening I spent an hour and a half in queue and had a 8 declines in that time, some of which made me wait out the entire "Accept" timer while I dropped everything I was doing to wait it out.

I end up leaving the queue because I get the impression we have people trolling it by staying in queue with no intention of ever joining the flash point. I know I'm not the only one, because people comment about this often enough in General chat.

The Group Finder is currently bugged. It can queue you as a class you did not chose, as seen in my video.

Though this isn't really on topic - yes, I'm aware of the Role bug - my DPS got put into Heals role earlier today after I made absolutely certain beforehand to select the right role.

The thing I was trying to say with that was, I am willing to bet a lot of people who are declining the queue are having this issue. It is the *only* reason I ever decline.

So they force you to actually only for the content you play and not screw with the the group that actually thinks you are interested and not going to leave the second something better comes up

THE TRAGEDY.

You only are responding this way because you obviously do not see the big picture. Allow me to explain this...yet again.

I understand that you feel that it makes sense, but let me show this to you a logical way.

Why would a PvPer want to bother queuing for The Foundry? Because (Pre 1.4) it's easy. We know it can take a good long while for the Flash Point queue to pop, so while we wait, we run War Zones. Running War Zones passes that time for us, since we can't stand to run planet missions. Planet missions have lost their appeal, since I have ran planet missions on 6 other level 50's. I would run about 4 or 5 Flash Points a day doing this.

Wow, 1.4 is here and I can no longer stay in queue for the Flash Point when I enter a PvP match. Ouch. So at first, I queue for a Flash Point and I sit and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...until 2 and a half hours pass. By this point I am frustrated and annoyed to a point that I log out of the game.

Well, now it's today. Now, that lesson was learned yesterday. Guess what? I don't queue for Flash Points anymore...at all. And guess what else? Neither do a few other people I have spoken to about this. Guess what else? If you are a PvP server, and you like to run Flash Points to level your character...that's a whole bunch of people who do not queue anymore, so not only does it hinder my leveling progression, but now it affects yours too.

Something people do not seem to understand about MMO...what affects me, will have either a positive or a negative affect on you, since we are all ripples in the same pond. Now, since I no longer queue anymore, it will take even longer (By an unknown percentage) for the Flash Point to queue for you. Add (Who knows how many, but I already know I am not the only person who has decided to stop queuing for Flash Points) a few dozen more players who took this same stance, and that adds to the time factor of your wait time to join another Flash Point queue.

Now take in to affect, that the timers are growing for the Flash Point queue waits and people who become less patient and aggravated over the wait times. They too begin to find the Group Finder a waste of time, and they too stop queuing. This in turn adds another pebble to the pond and causes the wait times for the Group Finder to be even longer.

The more this vicious cycle happens, the longer the queue times will be, until.....nobody queues for them at all.

So what happens now? Well, since nobody queues for the Group Finder anymore, that will force the remaining players who still wish to run Flash Points to start spamming in General Chat for teams. Which in turn is going to annoy others, so you will have flaming happening while you are trying to do so. Well well, guess what? We are right back to square one from the days before the Group Finder was created.

Simple foresight and logic.

So yeah, I agree. It is a tragedy.

Edited by Wraiven

Wraiven: If you're declining queues constantly because you're in a PvP match, you might as well not queue at all, as it's little different in the end and you aggravate people less especially when you could simply leave the other queue you're in as soon as the one pops if you know you're probably going to decline the next one while you're busy anyway.

Unfortunately, that's not what people are doing and I find it somewhat inconsiderate (and I don't believe it's always a "bug" that leads people to do this.) Perhaps Bioware should code the Group Finder to automatically remove anyone from the other queue as soon as they accept the one that pops, so they can queue again once their match ends.

Edited by ProsaicProse

I've got no problem with it being changed to what it is.

So many times you either end up waiting for a PVP'er to actually accept the LFG cause there in PVP and don't want to leave cause they might win.

If they are losing they leave and then hurt the PVP team of any possible comeback.

I know it sucks to have to wait on PVE groups through the finder but if it's a lesser of 2 evils, I saying queuing for PVP or PVE should be kept separate and not which ever you want depending on how things are turning out.

Wraiven: If you're declining queues constantly because you're in a PvP match, you might as well not queue at all, as it's little different in the end and you aggravate people less especially when you could simply leave the other queue you're in as soon as the one pops if you know you're probably going to decline the next one while you're busy anyway.

Unfortunately, that's not what people are doing and I find it somewhat inconsiderate (and I don't believe it's always a "bug" that leads people to do this.) Perhaps Bioware should code the Group Finder to automatically remove anyone from the other queue as soon as they accept the one that pops, so they can queue again once their match ends.

ProsaicProse: When did I ever say that I was declining a queue? Where in any of the literature that I have typed, did you get that I was declining a queue for PvE? In fact I stated just the opposite. Why do I waste my time typing, when people refuse to read or comprehend what I am saying? Please...read what I type before responding...it's insulting when you put off an idea to the readers that was never written by myself. If gives a false impression of what I am saying in this thread and makes it difficult for me to express my point. When you do not read what I typed, and then decide to put words in my mouth that was not there, it tends to give others the wrong idea about my post...especially those who they themselves do not read through all the pages.

Now, if that was not directed at me specifically, and was more a generalization, then I apologize for my previous rant. I still disagree with your interpretation of why people are declining, but apologize none the less.

I've got no problem with it being changed to what it is.

So many times you either end up waiting for a PVP'er to actually accept the LFG cause there in PVP and don't want to leave cause they might win.

If they are losing they leave and then hurt the PVP team of any possible comeback.

I know it sucks to have to wait on PVE groups through the finder but if it's a lesser of 2 evils, I saying queuing for PVP or PVE should be kept separate and not which ever you want depending on how things are turning out.

Check two posts up from your last post. That is my only response to any argument similar to yours. You think it is helping, it is in fact doing quite the opposite.

I don't usually say this....but...

THIS IS A WEAK COMPLAINT

So you want to que for PVE and PVP and then when the PVE pops you want to just drop out of a warzone?

That is not cool bro. :mad:

You can always do dailies while you wait, or make some friends and do stuff with them.

I have never had an hour long que.

Maybe you are trying to que up during off hours or maybe your on everyones ignore list.

People that log in at 8am on a wednesday often complain about the que times and the low population. :rolleyes:

I was amazed they allowed us to que both and even more amazed that we stayed in que for a flashpoint during warzones.

I am not surprised they FIXED this issue.

Edited by kirorx

Wraiven: My comments about people declining queues was a general one. It wasn't targeted at you specifically. If the only reason you decline a queue is due to a bug, wonderful.

That's not how it goes for the rest, though. I think someone earlier in the thread illustrated that in a post about themselves (which is what prompted me to post originally). Simply taking people out of any queues when they accept/enter a FP or PvP match would solve this issue for everyone though, if people aren't considerate enough to do it themselves.

Edited by ProsaicProse

Wraiven: My comments about people declining queues was a general one. It wasn't targeted at you specifically. If the only reason you decline a queue is due to a bug, wonderful.

That's not how it goes for the rest, though. I think someone earlier in the thread illustrated that in a post about themselves (which is what prompted me to post originally). Simply taking people out of any queues when they accept/enter a FP or PvP match would solve this issue for everyone though, if people aren't considerate enough to do it themselves.

Ok, my apologies. I still disagree though. I feel it will cause more problems than it is fixing. I can vouch for myself here to say that I for one will no longer be using the queue system for lowbie Flash Points. I am one less body you have using the group finder. I am 100% positive I am not the only one.

Let me ask you a question, and please be honest...

Are you on a PvP server? If so, have you noticed the sting of the time it takes for a queue to pop for a flash point as a DPS player?

If your answer is yes, I can say with 100% certainty this was not the case pre 1.4. Queue times have tripled since 1.4.

I play on Ebon Hawk, an RP-PvE server. Queue times vary for both PvE and PvP, depending usually on what level range, FP, or time of day it is. We get a lot of people declining queues (usually at level 50), and it's very annoying. I usually play the healer role in Groupfinder. Edited by ProsaicProse

I play on Ebon Hawk, an RP-PvE server. Queue times vary for both PvE and PvP, depending usually on what level range, FP, or time of day it is. We get a lot of people declining queues (usually at level 50), and it's very annoying. I usually play the healer role in Groupfinder.

I know your situation is bad...I understand how you feel. Having said that, I would trade in my current situation for yours at this point. At least your queue times seem to be popping in a timely fashion. As annoying as it is for people to decline, at least it's popping to begin with.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone, I wanted to post to clarify that this was an intentional change that unfortunately did not get documented in the patch notes. We've added the patch note (you can read the full patch notes here).

Here is the note:

Players who are queued for Group Finder content are now removed from the queue if they accept an invitation to a Warzone.

We apologize for the confusion about this change!

I hate this change myself. On The Shadowhand I could get in 6 to 8 wz's before my HM queue popped. (1.5 to 2 hours) If it is a close match I won't leave, but if there is no chance of coming back, I am the only one who loses out by leaving.

There will be consequences to this change. The FP users will notice a drop in the amount people queue.

I myself refuse to sit around a wait at 50. I might as well get GW2 or go back to WoW for Mists of Pokemon.