Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

Filed a ticket and received the following entries

Game Rules - Item Modification / Combat Ratings

Species - Kel Dor / Mon Calamari / Sullustan / Gen Dai / Killik

As for the other missing ones they would not grant them.... the reason.... they are in the process of 'fixing' the codex. Please, please remember to fix the codex entries so people who have already done the content can go back and get them or automatically reward them.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed a ticket and received the following entries

Game Rules - Item Modification / Combat Ratings

Species - Kel Dor / Mon Calamari / Sullustan / Gen Dai / Killik

As for the other missing ones they would not grant them.... the reason.... they are in the process of 'fixing' the codex. Please, please remember to fix the codex entries so people who have already done the content can go back and get them or automatically reward them.

Where did you exactly filed it Cretu? I did it at the 2 logical places (Story bugs and general I believe) and they just gave me the standard: Thank you, we have noted it down and wont inform you otherwise of fixes message

From Bugs that I have filed, I know you get the email that bugs go directly to QA (I didn't think they had a QA Dept, go figure) and nothing happens (they close the case). I had a couple granted after filing under General or gameplay problem or something like that. One was for my ship entry on the IA (Imp side, I know, but we are taking mechanics here). Since most people get it when they get the ship, not getting it surprised me and seemed like an error, so I filed and got it in two days.

I got the following granted through an in-game ticket:

Game Rules - Combat Ratings

Titles - Rakghoul's Bane

Tython - Terentatek - Besitary

Ord Mantell - Keldor - Species

Coruscant - Sullustan - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gen'Dai - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gundark - Bestiary

Nar Shaddaa - Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa - Lore

Tatooine - History of Tatooine - Lore

Tatooine - Sand Rot - Lore (Jedi Consular only)

Alderann - Killik - Species

Alderaan - The Elysium - Locations

Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note

Quesh - The Three Families - Lore

Hoth - Caught Between Two Foes - Lore

Hoth - The White Maw Pirates - Organizations

Hoth - The Chiss Ascendancy - Organizations

Hoth - Chiss - Species

Hoth - Ortolan - Species

Hoth - Talz - Species

Voss - Gormak - Species

Voss - Jokull - Persons of Note

Voss - Voss - Species

Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)

Corellia - Drall - Species

Corellia - Selonian - Species

Ilum - Kath Hound - Bestiary

Ilum - Asharl Panther - Bestiary

Ilum - Bogwing - Bestiary

Hope that helps.

-Andov

Very interesting. So I decided to ticket basically the same list (OP List) and see what would happen. The ticket (ticket # 7090005) was open for about 7 days (12/01/12 through 12/08/12), and today when I log in I notice a ticket has action.

Initially I had written a long, begging (quite pathetic) plea that these codex entries be credited to me. The ticket has been closed, and the text of the ticket completely cleared! I can't even see the original wording or the original list I submitted.

I fly to my codex to see if anything had been credited where it hadn't before. I notice immediately that there are definitely changes to my codex. Still going through it all but its clear that some of the list was credited and some of it wasn't. No response whatsoever from BW as to why some were credited and why some were not, let alone ANY response for BW. Still going through the codex now using the list above as a starting point so I'll update this post once I know what was and wasn't credited.

I'd love to blast BW for the crappy customer service (destroying and closing the original ticket with no explanation) but I can't do that. I'm happy just to get one bugged entry fixed.

UPDATE: I've now confirmed which entries were credited and what weren't. The character I requested these on is a consular btw, so I did not request any non-consular entries:

Credited:

Tython - Terentatek - Bestiary

Ord Mantell - Kel Dor - Species

Ord Mantell - Mon Calamari - Species

Ord Mantell - Cathar - Species

Ord Mantell - Split by Rebellion - Lore

Ord Mantell - Ruled by Corruption - Lore

Ord Mantell - Underworld Influences - Lore

Ord Mantell - Separatist Movement

Coruscant - Sullustan - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gen'Dai - Species

Tatooine - History of Tatooine - Lore

Tatooine - Sand Rot - Lore (Jedi Consular only)

Alderaan - Killik - Species

Alderaan - The Elysium - Locations

Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note

Quesh - The Three Families - Lore

Hoth - Caught Between Two Foes - Lore

Hoth - The White Maw Pirates - Organizations

Hoth - Chiss Ascendancy - Organizations (note to the OP, this entry does not have a "the" in front of it in the Codex)

Hoth - Chiss - Species

Hoth - Ortolan - Species

Hoth - Talz - Species

Voss - Jokull - Persons of Note

Voss - Voss - Species

Corellia - Drall - Species

Corellia - Selonian - Species

Ilum - Kath Hound - Bestiary

Ilum - Asharl Panther - Bestiary

Ilum - Bogwing - Bestiary

Not credited:

Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note (bugged for Jedi Consulars)

Taris - Cathar Settlers - Organizations

Nar Shaddaa - Shadow Hunter - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Scourge of the Underworld - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Gundark - Bestiary

Tatooine - SIS Operative - Titles

Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles (already had the title, no codex entry credit)

Quesh - Venom Drinker - Titles

Hoth - Ice Wars Veteran - Titles

Belsavis - Master of the Burning Way - Titles

Voss - Ambassador of the Republic - Titles

Voss - Gormak - Species

Corellia - Liberator of Corellia - Titles

Titles - Rakghoul's Bane

Partially Credited:

Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Titles (received the codex entry, but not the Selectable Title)

Not credited, but I may not have requested:

Ilum - Captured the Zone - Achievements: PvP

Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt - Achievements: PvP

Corellia - The Outer Rim Jedi Forces - Organizations (haven't obtained normally yet)

Ilum - Master Jaeric Kaedan - Persons of Note

BOTTOM LINE:

I'm elated. The vast majority requested were credited, and I have now personally confirmed that CSRs can and will credit bugged codex entries. I was exceedingly self-deprecating in my request and literally begged for a compassionate and helpful CSR to assist, and it seems they made my Holiday Codex dreams come true. Thank you BW.

I urge every other swtor completionist out there to ticket their bugged codex entries and get them fixed.

Looking at the entries not credited, many were titles removed from the game, so not being awarded them makes sense (although they all still show on planetary tracking bars.) I found it a little odd that Satele Shan, Cathar Settles, Gormak, and Gundark didn't come through. Perhaps some are still available to be found? Also find it strange that Rakghoul's Bane wasn't credited while it was for the poster above.

One other odd point is that all abilities had been removed from my quickbars on the character where the codex entries were credited. Other than this, I could find no other discrepancies with any of my characters, so it looks like we are in the clear.

Finally, I'd like to stress there was no explanation of what happened or why. Zero BW comments on the ticket, and the entire text of the ticket is gone from the ticket record. The ticket itself is completely blank. Also received no email (sometimes CSRs will send an email to your address on file explaining a bug fix). I'd love to know why what happened happened, but I'm not looking a BW Codex Santa in the mouth.

I know this much. I've been the harshest critic of BW's handling of the codex out there. Today they made it right.

So Bravo BW, and from the bottom of my completionist heart, thank you.:D:D:D

Edited by Slopster
Update to post for further clarification

It makes sense not to grant items removed from the game, what they need to do is "scrub" the codex to remove those. Better than having to scrub N number of accounts with a codex that doesn't exists.

Also, for a codex they mean to fix and you can get later, well, more work for us to go back to get them but ok. The ones you really need are those tied to a quest of some kind that you wont be able to repeat later to get. That said, I believe there is one tied to a quest in Voss that they reset the quest so it can be repeated if you have done it before, so go figure. :)

I still can't understand why this is of such low interest to them. We need to step up the reports so that the issue goes up on priority. As a developer and manager, I would have made the responsibility of the programmers to make sure the codex changes get done as changes are made to the planets/quests. Or at least reported to a QA team for update. To me shows very little organization at BW.

So, I tried the same technique as Andov. Submitting an in-game request for granting certain Codex entries. Like others, it sat for a week, and then I got action on my ticket. The action was that my ticket was submitted to Q&A, with text added to my request to reflect this. However, my ticket was then closed, but there have been NO modifications applied to my Codex. Maybe my request wasn't groveling enough for them......:(

I have had several granted on tickets, but I think you have to be careful so they don't read you are reporting something is broken (a bug) because they just send it off to Q&A, vs I want you to give me these. Of course, you might have to get lucky with the CSR you get. Is easier to say "send it to Q&A and close it" vs "let me do the work and grant them" (admittedly I don't know how hard it is to do that, but it has to be easier to close the request.

My career is manager tech support, and when the load of cases is high, csrs do tend to find any excuse to close the ticket. :-(

2 tickets filed, both were closed without a single word of response. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

EDIT: Actually, I received a mail from M0-T0 just now that was completely irrelevant and had nothing to do with what I requested. M0-T0 needs a memory wipe?

Edited by CommanderKeeva

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your ongoing reports and keeping this thread updated with your findings.

There is a bit of new information about the codex today in the Community Q&A blog:

Talius-LH: Is there any plan in place for either re-implementing the removed codex entries and titles or removing them entirely from the codex?

Damion: The codex will get a clean-up pass in the not-too-distant future, and at that time, we'll be either removing the entries that are no longer obtainable or re-enabling some those removed entries if it makes sense to do so.

Hope this helps out, and thanks for your patience!

In a few days the post and the quote are both half a year old, how long do we still have to wait for this not-too-distant future?

I guess nothing changed about missing codex entries during the past year? I was really annoyed that I couldn't get full codex entries on any of the planets with my agent.

Also funny how they call those missing entries "deleted", considering most of them are obviously just bugged, like an agent not getting an entry about his own ship etc.

Sure is annoying, a year has passed and this issue haven't been addressed at all. Have written several tickets on this issue myself, each time I got a reply.. I was asked "can you please specify all the codex you find bugged?"

And the first time, which was on March last year, as I recall.. I was told I had found a new bug.. despite the fact that several topics on this forum already existed on the issue, as well as codex guides on other sites, informed "this and that Codex in currently bugged".

Reading the 2 replies from an official in here, makes me think.. more than 6 months ago is the latest and promises a near future fix. 6 months ago!? :eek:

Every day and from every patch update, I loose confidence in this games future, as every "game fix" appears to break something else and old stuff, like these broken codex' never get any attention, despite the fact that this game try to appeal to explores as well. Heck I recall the ingame loading message "Complete a whole worlds codex and receive an exp bonus!" Just too bad nobody could ever achieve that goal, as at least 1 codex per planet was, and still is, broken.

I wonder what happens when all the new "costumers" this game try to capture, figure out that this exploring part of the game is impossible to complete? How many will loose confidence in the game, how many will quit and play something that indeed can be completed instead?

I am very disappointed as well.

I understand other work might seem more glamorous to the developers, and of course, maybe more urgent. But this reflects a "lack of quality" to the product. Lack of attention to detail. And, mostly, it seems something SOOO easy to fix. I would be willing to do some of it for free if they let me. :p

But then, a lot of the stuff they do reflects poorly on quality. They fix one thing, break a few others in the process. How long for companions to work right on groups? What about companions against WBs? Is the epileptic fit supposed to be that way?? Companions and elevators? Seems they either don't care, or they can't figure it out. Either way. it is bad.

Just yesterday I finished bonus round in Alderran and saw a flash of red saying "title xxxxxxxxxxxx unlocked". I went and checked, and it is (available as a title). Codex count? 0/1. ??? Oh well.

Yep, it's tottaly frustrating have a codex system, try to complete it and u simply cant. And i share the opinion, this do not look so hard to fix, at least some. I went to ord mantel, and 305 of entries there i cannot get.

From DEV

PvP

Ancient Hypergate: Defensive medals may not be properly granted to players defending pylons.

The codex entry entitled "Ancient Hypergate: Took Cover from Explosion" can be erroneously obtained.

At least can be obtained, how about other dozens of codex entries that you cannot obtain at all?

I've obtained all of the codex entries minus the ones below:

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles

Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles

Belsavis - HK-51 - Persons of Note

Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Title

Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note

Some of them were granted to me after submitting a ticket. But as of right now, this is all I'm missing. According to the GM, the Titles have been removed from the game can can't be issued to me, regardless if I completed the content or not. They don't exist. So there ya have it. This is on my Consular.

Edited by Beef_Cake

I tried to get some entries from writing a ticket but I got answer that goes something like "you submitted a bug, we don't answer to bug reports, it was send to development team". To me it was more like blah, blah, middle finger.

Is there some special way to write a ticket to get these bugged entries?

Besides titles. species seems to be one of the most bugged type of entry. I don't see a single one on your list, so you got them all granted??? wow. Some people are definitely more stubborn than I am. :-)

I've obtained all of the codex entries minus the ones below:

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles

Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles

Belsavis - HK-51 - Persons of Note

Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Title

Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note

Some of them were granted to me after submitting a ticket. But as of right now, this is all I'm missing. According to the GM, the Titles have been removed from the game can can't be issued to me, regardless if I completed the content or not. They don't exist. So there ya have it. This is on my Consular.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm still pretty irritated about this, about 1 month after early game access I realized that many codex entries were missing. I spent hours trying to get them all, and short of submitting a ticket for each one of them, which I tried for a few and they ignored me, about 1/5 of them are unobtainable. I know it doesn't directly affect game play, but it tracks your experience in the game, what you've discovered, I want to complete it on my main, 1 year later and I'm still waiting.

Now we have an expansion coming up, probably no fix but I'll bet they are adding more to be unlocked in the new planet, half of which you won't be able to get. It shouldn't be very hard to add a trigger in game to update a codex, or add an object, or remove a codex entry from the list for things like titles that cannot be unlocked because the content doesn't exist.

This seems like a higher priority than adding crap like speeders and pets, i like them as much as the next guy, but fix what you got before you add more stuff. Of course, they'll warrant that with bringing in more cash, but bringing in a new guy who will end up seeing the same problems seems less important that keeping your current customers happy. You want a long term subscriber, or a f2p who buys a few cartel coins here and there?