WTB Musco! Rest of promised BLOGS???

dscount

I wonder how the 85% or so of players who don't visit the forums are able to manage to log into the game day after day without knowing the minutiae of 4.0?

Several guilds have people "in the know" that shares upcoming stuff with people in guild. We update MOTD for folks as well provide basic details in VOIP communications.

So if I'm ASKING for details - it's not all for selfish reasons, but to feed info back to my fellow gamers (AND answers to questions I have myself as well).

Some folks don't care and just login and play. Others are F2P and can't post on Forums, but can read them.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to an unfortunate accident in the Super Secret Lab of SWtOR, Musco had a terrible thing occur. He was stricken with the inability to see the letter a for a couple of seconds while reading your post, and misread launch as lunch and said, 'Yes! Lunch, it's time for more tacos!' and off they went on a quest for more tacos. Conga line style. Out the front door. They are still wandering the streets of Austin, looking for tacos, in a long conga line.

Lol... we did that in D&D Online long long ago... some streaming site was hosting LOTRO Beta keys giveaways for people submitting DDO Haikus, and everyone watching/listening lined up and we Congod all through Stormreach...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I wonder how the 85% or so of players who don't visit the forums are able to manage to log into the game day after day without knowing the minutiae of 4.0?

They will be up for quite some surprises when 4.0 hits. Imagine you would know nothing about it except that there are some new story chapters.

Edited by JattaGin

They will be up for quite some surprises when 4.0 hits. Imagine you would know nothing about it except that there are some new story chapters.

EA might not give us new operations this fall but what about all the incoming complaints.....that's gonna be kind of fun. I know its not right but what else can we do? ;)

Three seconds for this thread to go off topic....3,2,1.....

Edited by psikofunkster

I will be careful to not spend lots of resources on anything the first week, I will play the chapters and take it easy incase they change the prices of something or change anything when the expansion launches for all.

Most people already plan to only take 1 char through expansion content in first week or two. SOR open beta taught us well ;)

i remember sor launch, yavin 4 was a nightmare, full of players in 2 instances, it lagged so hard because of the packed instances that you literally couldnt do anything without lag freezing your game play up for a number of seconds before stopping for a second and then it started and stopped and then start and stopped...

for most of those sor issues, they were not resolved until january after the pagan holiday. but the key to that one is that they released it in november if i remember right and so there was no way to fix things. this expansion is out in october and they got all of november to fix the biggest issues before that pagan holiday is back at the end of the year.

Subject says it all... Mr. Musco has promised a flurry of Blogs on details around KoTFE.

Well.. besides the last couple of turd burgers we have not heard much.

We going to SEE anything this week or are we just going to play guessing games until next Tuesday?

• Operations - Explain how this rotating BIS gear is going to work?
  • Conquest changes - PVE repeatable added?
  • Crafting Mats - Can we get a list of what they converting into?
  • Alliance - Any details prior to go live on this?
  • Cartel Market - Armor was promised before go Live I think.
  • Level Sync - Any chance to make optional or address concerns?
  • Crafting Lost - Can we get schems moved or at least a chest provided of them please?
  • Achievo points lost - Can we get instant 1k companion kills for those that had 10k affection already?

Some issues have already been addressed.

Crafting mats will turn into whatever relevant tier they are for. Aluminum will likely turn into desh for example.

Level sync will not be optional not matter how many times you ask for it. Although it would be nice to know in advance how they are dealing with specific issues like planets that have quest lines spanning multiple level bands.

You will still know any schematic you know and it will be moved to a different expandable section of your crafting schematics called obsolete.

Subject says it all... Mr. Musco has promised a flurry of Blogs on details around KoTFE.

Well.. besides the last couple of turd burgers we have not heard much.

We going to SEE anything this week or are we just going to play guessing games until next Tuesday?

• Crafting Lost - Can we get schems moved or at least a chest provided of them please?
  • Achievo points lost - Can we get instant 1k companion kills for those that had 10k affection already?

We have less than 7 days until release. All the foresight in the lands ain't going to change the trajectory of whatever they have prepared for us. Best to just strap yourself in, grit your teeth, turn your nerves to cortosis and let whatever is to come... come.

You will still know any schematic you know and it will be moved to a different expandable section of your crafting schematics called obsolete.

You might wan to READ the BLOG on crafting. They are DELETING all the Enchancement Schematics as well Armor schematics. Nothing about "Archiving" those. That's why a LOT of crafters are asking What Da Faq Bioware. They need to put a tad bit of clarity on this area. I hope it's just a typo and it does goto archives, but that is not what they typed.

I'm personally most interested to hear about the Companion Alliance. If I recall correctly, we were told that they would tell us about it close to launch. I'm pretty sure with less than a week before Early Access that we might hear something on Thursday/Friday about it.

You might wan to READ the BLOG on crafting. They are DELETING all the Enchancement Schematics as well Armor schematics. Nothing about "Archiving" those. That's why a LOT of crafters are asking What Da Faq Bioware. They need to put a tad bit of clarity on this area. I hope it's just a typo and it does goto archives, but that is not what they typed.

You're all over the shop, aren't you?

First you say they're deleting them, then say they need to put some clarity on it... Which is it? Or are to too busy arm flapping about the changes that you have forgotten?

In the appropriate thread, I asked the question myself as the crafting blog was contradictory because the early part of the blog said this:

All existing Schematics that are not part of Fallen Empire have been moved to the “Archives” category in your crafting window . These older schematics are still available to craft in case you still have a need for them.

First you say they're deleting them, then say they need to put some clarity on it... Which is it? Or are to too busy arm flapping about the changes that you have forgotten?

In the appropriate thread, I asked the question myself as the crafting blog was contradictory because the early part of the blog said this:

arm flapping... lol. I gotta remember that one. :D

I was pointing that part out to somebody that apparently did not read it closely. YES they need to clarify and I see your point as well since it says that in ONE part and DELETING in another. Communication has been spotty at best and the crafting one needs more clarity.

As for the arm flapping comment.. Ya.. you can sit on your hands and not care. Like I've told others.. I'm going to ask the "WHY" questions and try to get community team to do it's job and communicate. But apparently that offends some people so they should stop reading the forums I guess.

• Dev Post

Let me take a crack at some of these!

• Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
  • No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
  • This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
  • I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
  • I realize your post is a few days old, but Thexan's armor is now live on the CM :)
  • No plans that I know of to make this optional.
  • Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)
  • There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

Hopefully that covers your questions!

-eric

• Great question. Each week, one hard mode Operation is designated as a "High-Priority Target," players can see which Operation this is by visiting the fleet and visiting the FP/Op section. There you will find a Target Analysis Computer with a holo version of the last boss of the Op with text specifying the Op, the boss will also have a buff indicating this inside the Op. Under normal circumstances, a HM boss will be dropping ilvl 220. If they are the High-Priority Target, they will also drop ilvl 224 in addition to their normal drops.
  • No PvE repeatable has been added with 4.0. However, the team is looking at possibly adding this in the future.
  • This was answered to an extent in the Crafting changes blog. We have a list of all of the materials being removed in that blog, they will be collapsed into the relevant material of the same grade.
  • I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.
  • I realize your post is a few days old, but Thexan's armor is now live on the CM :)
  • No plans that I know of to make this optional.
  • Older Crafting patterns that were impacted by the Mastery changes, or shared duplicate purpose, have been removed. Older Crafting patterns that still had a cosmetic appearance, have been moved to an Archive section. This is also affected by the other changes noted in the Crafting blog (such as changes to who crafts what)
  • There are no plans to auto-grant the kill Achievements. However, we do realize that this could mean some players will lose Achievement points in 4.0 (or gain them, if they already have the kill Achievements)

Hopefully that covers your questions!

-eric

Cannot believe you are not listening to the community Eric, the community is making a clear point that people want it to be optional. Good luck keeping this game alive, I suspect a lot of people are going to unsub. And of course you guys are to stubborn to listen to your playerbase.

[*]I explained a bit about this on the livestream. We have some press folks who are doing reporting on Alliance, and IIRC they are releasing their coverage on Early Access launch day, the 20th. Our plan is to match that with our own blog on Alliance around the same time.

-eric

Sorry but this makes zero sense. 2 minutes after servers go live Dulfy/TorCommunity/other SWTOR fansites will have every aspect of Alliance covered and everyone knows it. If you wanted more clicks for official IGN/Gamespot presentations, it should've been done this week at the latest

Edited by Pietrastor

Cannot believe you are not listening to the community Eric, the community is making a clear point that people want it to be optional. Good luck keeping this game alive, I suspect a lot of people are going to unsub. And of course you guys are to stubborn to listen to your playerbase.

That's the thing there isn't a clear point from the community to make it optional. Some are for it and some are against it. Who do they listen to.

You're acting like that hasn't been the norm around here.

I'm actually shocked that he even bothered posting in this thread. Usually it's just silence and an article posting how X is changing, even though next to no community input was put into consideration and how it won't matter what people say, because players are just metrics to them.

That's the thing there isn't a clear point from the community to make it optional. Some are for it and some are against it. Who do they listen to.

The best way to satisfy both sides is to make it optional ... then both sides have what they want. But Bioware fails to see this VERY EASY solution.