*Shinarika - Shadow Acumen [Shadow / Assassin Training]

Xinika

Watchmen

Jedi Shadow Guide / Entertainment

The sequel to Shadow Breaker has arrived! A 'hybrid' video, featuring Tutorial and Entertainment qualities packed with new information to make sure you're unmatched out there on the battlefield. Sit back and enjoy!

INDEX

14/4/23 Balance (Madness)

0:21 - 0:38 : Spec Introduction and Rotation.

0:13 - 1:20: Gameplay.

2:20 - 3:10: Gameplay.

17/1/23 Balance (Madness)

0:39 - 0:54 : Spec Introduction and Rotation.

0/27/14 Infiltration (Deception)

1:26 - 1:40 : Spec Introduction and Rotation.

1:24 - 2:19 : Gameplay.

3:11 - 4:00 : Gameplay.

6:09 - 6:52 : Gameplay.

8:07 - 8:52 : Gameplay.

27/1/13 Kinetic Combat (Darkness)

6:56 - 7:07 : Spec Introduction and Rotation.

6:53 - 8:06 : Gameplay.

8:53 - 9:48 : Gameplay.

Commentary

4:04 - 5:15 : Basic Training.

Gear Optimizing

5:20 - 6:00 : Stats to Aim for and Mod/Enh Tips.

Spec Examples

9:49 - 10:12

4/14/23: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#2c-180kf-c72e832f

17/1/23 : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#220829e-1-c72e832f

0/27/14: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#0-c8cf78cif-8830f

27/1/13: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#e79e162fe-1-2830f

Edited and Directed by Shinarika.

Watchmen presentation.

Edited by Xinika

I gave in and tried the first Madness hybrid build. I always thought Creeping Terror was so much more useful than it is. I had a much better experience than stubbornly using "all-in" specs and I felt a lot more like a stealth class, probably due to the speed increase.

Thanks for opening my eyes to it.

Thanks for spending the time to put this together. Well done. Which spec is your favorite?

Full infil is my *favourite*, doesn't mean it's effective in the slightest.:(

Gooood vid as always!! Can you do a gear vid cus i got your stats with 1 difference i got 1200 exp and you got 1350!

Check my armoury for gear details.

Edited by Xinika

Full infil is my *favourite*, doesn't mean it's effective in the slightest.:(

Check my armoury for gear details.

That would depend on how you define "effective." It's very effective in its designed purpose, however, I do agree that it lacks in the "there's no I in team" department.

Solid music selection, I don't know why but that's the first thing I notice when I watch any swtor videos and it drives me nuts when the music sucks.

I agree, she has brought her music back up. I was watching some of her older videos again as a stroll down memory lane of when Infiltration really effed people up, and I realized that the music was so much better than what it had become in her more recent videos. The music was still good, just less so. This newest video raised the music bar back up, so well done there as well Shin.

That would depend on how you define "effective." It's very effective in its designed purpose, however, I do agree that it lacks in the "there's no I in team" department.

Right, this is what I meant.

Solid music selection, I don't know why but that's the first thing I notice when I watch any swtor videos and it drives me nuts when the music sucks.

I agree but...

I agree, she has brought her music back up. I was watching some of her older videos again as a stroll down memory lane of when Infiltration really effed people up, and I realized that the music was so much better than what it had become in her more recent videos. The music was still good, just less so. This newest video raised the music bar back up, so well done there as well Shin.

There's a reason why I use certain music now. A few of my old videos cannot be syndicated world wide and what happens is it ends up getting blocked from mobile devices. (Such as iPad, Smartphones etc)

See, in the music world - on youtube, there is a tracker that disallows you from using certain songs. If the songs are used, then they severely injure your video's ability to syndicate. (IE: Some of my earlier videos are blocked in Germany, and I have a solid German viewership.)

Corpocracy ftw? But in truth, I am limited in my selection per video. So it's more likely you'd hear one lyric-based song, then a few others more game-typed to match syndication recommendations.

Edited by Xinika

in 14/4/23 Balance spec do you use shadow or force technique? you have some talents that require force tehnique but you have also spent a talent point on shadow tehique and 2 in Circling shadows.

Do you mean 4/14/23? If you do, its played in force/lightning. The talents in induction/circling shadows is only for the crit damage multiplier.

@Xinika

I've watched every single one of your videos quite a few times and frankly, you're the reason i rolled a Sin. (although i should've made a shadow for the looks!)

Anyways, i'm gearing up according to your armory and your video guide and i noticed that you changed a few of your augments from power to WP. Is it correct? I mean the armory updated? i'm playing a 0/27/14 atm and already got 5/5 pieces with power augments.

any tips would be greatly appreciated

best regards

The correct response!

You've taught me well madam. ;)

Personally, I don't enjoy the DoT specs as much as 0/24/17, 23/1/17, or 27/1/13 but I definitely see its purpose. I have a guildie that uses this spec and when we stalk around together, we make an excellent ninja team. The CC between both of us is enough to give opponents fits.

@Xinika

I've watched every single one of your videos quite a few times and frankly, you're the reason i rolled a Sin. (although i should've made a shadow for the looks!)

Anyways, i'm gearing up according to your armory and your video guide and i noticed that you changed a few of your augments from power to WP. Is it correct? I mean the armory updated? i'm playing a 0/27/14 atm and already got 5/5 pieces with power augments.

any tips would be greatly appreciated

best regards

Augment primarily with willpower augments. It offers crit that is separate from the crit rating soft cap, as well as offering slightly less bonus damage than straight power augments.

Augment primarily with willpower augments. It offers crit that is separate from the crit rating soft cap, as well as offering slightly less bonus damage than straight power augments.

Again, yet another correct response. Augments should be all WP, my armoury will be updated to fit that banner.

The crit - power ratio on WP overwhelms pure power stacking. (Augments)

Edited by Xinika

Again, yet another correct response. Augments should be all WP, my armoury will be updated to fit that banner.

I didn't play for a while and before I've paused playing people I know would either go for AP only augments or mix 50% WP with 50% AP.

Is to go for WP only augments a new finding from the last weeks or did I miss something in the patch notes? Also could you guys pls provide some more details on how the crit provided is separate from the crit rating soft cap here?

Is this true for the classes that lack a skilled main stat multiplier?

I've min/max'd a jugg, PT, sniper and oper. All of which include a 6% or 9% main stat multiplier. My shadow hit 50 this weekend. I've already started min/maxing (gotta love legacy gear hand outs!). So far power augments are winning out (for me). A well geared shadow has relatively high WP already, the returns for 252 extra WP doesn't seem to scale as well as 252 power. Now if shadow had a main stat multiplier of 9% that would change things quite a bit. It would even add a noticeable amount of crit.

Is this true for the classes that lack a skilled main stat multiplier?

I've min/max'd a jugg, PT, sniper and oper. All of which include a 6% or 9% main stat multiplier. My shadow hit 50 this weekend. I've already started min/maxing (gotta love legacy gear hand outs!). So far power augments are winning out (for me). A well geared shadow has relatively high WP already, the returns for 252 extra WP doesn't seem to scale as well as 252 power. Now if shadow had a main stat multiplier of 9% that would change things quite a bit. It would even add a noticeable amount of crit.

Yes, it's true for all classes. I haven't looked at the number crunching thread in a while, but main stat augments is an overall DPS gain.