PvP Top Issues & Wishes \\ Thread Directory

Siddalee

- = PvP Forum = -

Community Feedback and Thread Directory

Hi all! Since the PvP forum is becoming quite crowded (and there is currently no search function on the forums), I thought a nice thread consolidation post could be used for the server threads. Furthermore, since there are various issues with PvP popping up, how about we organize our top 5 issues/wants? This way, we can bring a focused voice to the developers.

I will start off by posting threads which currently seem to have the most discussion. In this thread, we should hash out what we think our top 5 gameplay issues with PvP are, list any bugs, and also give our top 5 wants.

I will also list a directory of PvP server threads in this forum, and any event threads in the PvP Events forum under Community. If you have a server or discussion thread to add to this directory, please let me know!

Community Feedback

Bugs Affecting PvP

• Raid Frames in PvP - Raid frames do not always work in warzones - they stop updating with new players (or players who have left) and Ctrl+U does not fix the issue. This makes it VERY hard for healers in PvP. (Fix: Try resizing the raid frames and it should work properly).
  • Warzone lag and ability activation sometimes very slow (Fixes: Turn off shadows, and try setting graphics to HIGH, click apply, then set them to LOW and click apply).

Currently, there is a thread in General Discussion about
    , although no ETA on fixing. Furthermore, there are some
    on test server regarding lag:

Anti-aliasing is now available and can be enabled in the preferences menu.

Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled. (1.0.2)
    I encourage everyone who is experiencing lag to make test characters to see if this affects warzone PvP.

• Sometimes controls become completely unresponsive with rapid keypresses (using hotkeys)
  • Daily PvP quests for warzones don't always count wins. A possible workaround is to abandon and retake the quest.
  • On Alderaan Civil War, players are complaining that the east turret immediately does 5 pts of damage upon capture, while the west turret takes 5 seconds to start doing damage. This means that Imperials (who often take east first) will have that 5 pt advantage, even if the turrets are taken at the same time.
  • There are complaints that Resolve does not always work (block CC) when full. Another complaint is that it will kick in after respawning, so that by the time the player rejoins PvP in a warzone, their resolve has already been used up.

PvP Top Wants

• Open World PvP Incentives/Expand OWPvP - We love world PvP and want to ensure it does not die due to warzones. Expand upon it, Bioware! Add incentives for it! We have spoken! (update: there have been some OWPvP changes made to Ilum in the patch on test server).
  • Add Moar Warzones (aka Huttball sucks and we are sick of it)
  • Warzone Filters - it would be okay to have to wait longer just as long as we don't have to be playing Huttball 24/7
  • Allow persistent groups through warzones (so that you do not have to regroup after exiting). Allow operations to group together, so that a full premade can control one side of a match.
  • Combat Log (?) - Is this a real community want?
  • Raise commendation cap - 1k is too easy to get. Or allow us to buy more goods with commendations, so that we don't cap at 1k so easily.
  • Expertise system needs to be changed. Suggestion would be to make it applicable to lvl 50 warzones only.

PvP Top Gameplay Issues

• Framerates in Warzones - People are experiencing extreme lag in warzones and not anywhere else.
  • Warzones disconnect - people are randomly being booted to the character select screen when joining a warzone. :(
  • Server (Im)Balance - Some consider this a real issue, others not. Bioware has made it clear it won't try to force people to choose certain factions, but perhaps other solutions could be reached to make PvP work well despite imbalanced factions. This is, however, beginning to affect world PvP. A suggestion would be to allow guilds to defect to the other side.
  • Rewards Based on MvP Votes May Not Be the Best Idea - one idea is to make it more apparent who is completing objectives
  • Lack of Objective Medals in Huttball
  • Camera snaps back to front once you let go of left mouse button; hard to aim behind you while running - please turn off pivot!
  • PvP Healing - besides the issue with raid frames, there just aren't enough ways to incentivize healing in warzones. Healers don't get enough medals, and because they are healing, they don't get enough kills. For example, someone doing 200k damage will get twice the medals that someone doing 400k healing will get!
  • Overpowered? There is not a community consensus on this currently, however, there are complaints that Sage/Sorcerer and Operative/Scoundrel are overpowered in comparison with other advanced classes.
  • Map in Voidstar blocks top two buttons on left/right actionbars.
  • There are some real issues with the random way champion bags give items. Some people have gotten full sets, others get gear they've already gotten (which is, of course, BoP). This is a very hot issue for many people right now.
  • When loading into Voidstar, sometimes the inactivity timer kicks in too soon - players have not finished loading in and will have to immediately cancel the timer.
  • It is possible to load into Voidstar before the game begins (but after the instance opens), and after taking the speeder ride still be stuck behind the death penalty barrier. This is not fair, since the players did join the instance before the game began, but the speeder ride took so long they did not get there in time before the barrier went up. A solution to this would be to keep the barrier from kicking in until 60 seconds after the warzone match begins.
  • Have more gameplay issues? Please make a thread for it!

PvP Implemented Changes

This section is for patches which have been applied or are in testing which affect PvP.

Patch 1.0.1 Dec 27 2011

• Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.
  • PvP lockboxes can no longer be sold for credits.
  • Fixed incorrect item rewards from PvP leveling lockboxes.
  • Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.
  • Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.
  • Corrected an issue that could prevent some players from entering the Voidstar.
  • Made adjustments to prevent attacking players from reaching the doors in the reactor core before bridges are extended. (Voidstar)

Patch 1.0.2/b Jan 4-6 2012

• Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.
  • PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.
  • Corrected several PvP items that were Bind on Equip. They are now Bind on Pickup.
  • PvP vendors on Capital Planets now offer the correct PvP items.
  • Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause in-game chat channels to stop functioning for some players.
  • Social emotes (like /getdown) can no longer interfere with combat.

Game Update 1.1 (currently on test server)

• Anti-aliasing is now available and can be enabled in the preferences menu.
  • Tooltips for abilities modified by skill points now display correct damage values.
  • Battlemaster Gear Tokens have been converted into Battlemaster Commendations, which can be used to purchase any Battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.
  • Battlemaster Bags now contain Battlemaster Commendations instead of Battlemaster Gear Tokens. They still also contain Champion Commendations.
  • The shuttle room in Dorn Base Command Center on Hoth is no longer considered contested territory.
  • Ka on Voss is now a PvP Sanctuary.
  • Level 50 players now participate in their own Warzone bracket and will not be matched with lower-level players.
  • The daily and weekly mission objectives in Ilum now require defeating enemy players and/or collecting armaments from the center objective.
  • Players now gain increased Valor from player kills in Ilum.
  • Players now gain increased bonus Valor for kills based on the number of objectives controlled by their faction.
  • Increased bonus Valor is now granted for player kills when defending an objective your faction owns.
  • A notification is now displayed when a player gains Valor.
  • Three new respawn points have been added for each faction.
  • Companions are now restricted from the PvP objective area on Ilum.
  • Notifications are now displayed when enemy players are close to an objective.
  • The scoreboard value for “Highest Protection Per Single Life” now functions correctly.
  • Players who have left a Warzone can no longer receive an MVP vote from teammates.
  • Your PvP status will now be toggled automatically upon leaving a PvP region.
  • Additional feedback is now provided when a player attempts to toggle their PvP flag.
  • The Bolster tooltip now more accurately represents the buff’s effects.
  • Corrected a rare issue that could cause the Frogdogs to be declared the winner in a 0-0 match even if the Rotworms held the ball last.
  • Mountable turrets in Ilum no longer deal damage to targets behind them or outside their range.
  • Turrets no longer immediately dismount the player after use.

There is also a community blog post by Gabe Amatengelo discussing upcoming PvP features. Please use this thread to discuss it!

PvP Thread Directory

PvP Guides

Good Discussion Threads

PvP Streams

PvP Server Directory

This is organized by region and server type, English only. I am not listing the French and German servers, as they have their own PvP forums. :p I am also listing offsite forums if they are available, as well as IRC.

Note: Some of these threads aren't true "check-ins"/coordination threads yet. But it is better than nothing, eh? But if better ones are posted that people are actually replying to, we can swap those out. And if your server doesn't have a check-in thread yet, make one!

North America

PvP

RP-PvP

Europe

PvP

RP-PvP

Edited by Siddalee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class balance is total CRAP, like most MMOs. You have WAY to many stuns and WAY to many ways to break stuns, BUT the real problem is your lack of deminishing returns.

With that many stuns, its easy to be held out of the game until you die and never even move an inch. Sith and jedi being able to Leap to someone in huttball and skip through the map is rediculous and shouldnt be allowed if your carrying the ball.

Thats just like 2 things that wasnt thought through and is stupid. Alot of people myself included think the Sith lightning needs a NERF badly. Its way to strong and cooloff is way to friggin short.

I mean holy crap, you have people that are 40 in a Battleground fighting against lvl 10 people.

Who the hell CARES if you scale the lower people with health and a bit of power for what skills they have.?

You still have to deal with a player that has a BUTTLOAD of skills that just mow down players simply because its a HIGH LVL SKILL with outragous dmg.

Also would it really really be that hard to take the vendors with gear and actually make it so you can look at the armor or items by lvl? I mean COME ON, its already bad enough you cant put lvl gear on the same vendor. You had to mix it up with a whole bunch of other crap and you cant sort it properly.

I know one things for certain. Every person you see playing the OVER POWERED CLASSES, and you know who im talking about, is already reaching MAX lvl from just playing Battlegrounds, and will be fully geared to the teeth and impossible to deal with on opening day in battlegrounds OR out in world PVP.

This same kinda crap happened in ALOT of MMO's and im here to tell you, it did nothing but RUIN the game and LOSE subscribers, all because the company FAILED to address the issues and straighten it out befor final release.

Watch and see. Fix the Overpowered classes NOW, or your games going to suffer hard core, just like the others did.

You know which ones are the OP class. Its not that hard to find out, if you actually watch a battleground or pvp, and crunch the numbers.

Hell you dont have to nerf the OP classes. Just fix the ones that ARENT OP.

My 2 cents on which class i personally play and wanna see fixed is the commando. Its the one i like the idea of in a game and sadly i think it has issues that need fixed.

Great DPS as far as that goes, but to me it feels like shooting a BB gun.

1000 BB's fast with crap damage is still crap damage. making us stand still like a statue and get beat to death trying to live long enough to pull off a channeled ability that should OBVIOUSLY BE INSTANT CAST is stupid. They arent mobile and dont have enough staying power to live and get the job done.

Over half of there channeled stuff cant even be used in battlegrounds and plinking with standard shots is a waste of time. It simply doesnt do enough damage.

The only way you can channel anything is if they dont even hit you at all. The pushback for the abilities just sucks and the points to help the pushback in the talent trees is so pathetically a waste of points, its not even funny.

The percentage on things like plasma cell to ignite the target and then the dmg it does for a LONG duration befor it reachs the terrible total its supposed to do , is dumb and you wont live to see the thing tick enough dmg to even dent most players.

The assault tree just plain SUCKS. Even building it to help plasma cell it STILL SUCKS.

This write up started because of how messed up you have pvp right now and ends with my personal thoughts on my character class, the commando.

Its my opinion and anyone that doesnt like it, well tough crapola.

Bottom line is FIX the pvp and the classes NOW befor opening game day, or youll just find the same problem as every other company that was to stupid to do it befor it was to late.

Very worthy thread.

Thank you, and thank you for the suggestion. :)

Great job Sid. Keep posting great encyclopedias of stuff so I can get to 50 before you :p

Punk.

Looks good sid :D never in a million years could i have the concentration to put something like this together lol

definitely sticky worthy :p

Thanks Asp!

Scardoom, as for your post, I do see some threads floating around which talk about your issues. I haven't seen anyone really arguing that certain classes are OP, but certainly about CC. If you think a particular class is overpowered, please make a thread to argue out your points. However consensus I have seen so far says that there are no OP classes, just good and bad players - which is how PvP should be!

If you are talking about a specific class/tree being underpowered in PvP, that would certainly be something to talk about. Is your spec not good for PvP? Show us why not. :)

People levelling via PvP aren't levelling that quickly compared to quests, and one of the devs - StephenReid I think? - tweeted that everything is working as intended as far as PvP exp goes. People were level 50 via questing before they were level 40 via warzones + questing. And vendors don't really have anything to do with PvP specifically - you might want to try out one of the market threads in General Discussion.

Class balance is total CRAP, like most MMOs. You have WAY to many stuns and WAY to many ways to break stuns, BUT the real problem is your lack of deminishing returns.

With that many stuns, its easy to be held out of the game until you die and never even move an inch. Sith and jedi being able to Leap to someone in huttball and skip through the map is rediculous and shouldnt be allowed if your carrying the ball.

Thats just like 2 things that wasnt thought through and is stupid. Alot of people myself included think the Sith lightning needs a NERF badly. Its way to strong and cooloff is way to friggin short.

I mean holy crap, you have people that are 40 in a Battleground fighting against lvl 10 people.

Who the hell CARES if you scale the lower people with health and a bit of power for what skills they have.?

You still have to deal with a player that has a BUTTLOAD of skills that just mow down players simply because its a HIGH LVL SKILL with outragous dmg.

Also would it really really be that hard to take the vendors with gear and actually make it so you can look at the armor or items by lvl? I mean COME ON, its already bad enough you cant put lvl gear on the same vendor. You had to mix it up with a whole bunch of other crap and you cant sort it properly.

I know one things for certain. Every person you see playing the OVER POWERED CLASSES, and you know who im talking about, is already reaching MAX lvl from just playing Battlegrounds, and will be fully geared to the teeth and impossible to deal with on opening day in battlegrounds OR out in world PVP.

This same kinda crap happened in ALOT of MMO's and im here to tell you, it did nothing but RUIN the game and LOSE subscribers, all because the company FAILED to address the issues and straighten it out befor final release.

Watch and see. Fix the Overpowered classes NOW, or your games going to suffer hard core, just like the others did.

You know which ones are the OP class. Its not that hard to find out, if you actually watch a battleground or pvp, and crunch the numbers.

Hell you dont have to nerf the OP classes. Just fix the ones that ARENT OP.

My 2 cents on which class i personally play and wanna see fixed is the commando. Its the one i like the idea of in a game and sadly i think it has issues that need fixed.

Great DPS as far as that goes, but to me it feels like shooting a BB gun.

1000 BB's fast with crap damage is still crap damage. making us stand still like a statue and get beat to death trying to live long enough to pull off a channeled ability that should OBVIOUSLY BE INSTANT CAST is stupid. They arent mobile and dont have enough staying power to live and get the job done.

Over half of there channeled stuff cant even be used in battlegrounds and plinking with standard shots is a waste of time. It simply doesnt do enough damage.

The only way you can channel anything is if they dont even hit you at all. The pushback for the abilities just sucks and the points to help the pushback in the talent trees is so pathetically a waste of points, its not even funny.

The percentage on things like plasma cell to ignite the target and then the dmg it does for a LONG duration befor it reachs the terrible total its supposed to do , is dumb and you wont live to see the thing tick enough dmg to even dent most players.

The assault tree just plain SUCKS. Even building it to help plasma cell it STILL SUCKS.

This write up started because of how messed up you have pvp right now and ends with my personal thoughts on my character class, the commando.

Its my opinion and anyone that doesnt like it, well tough crapola.

Bottom line is FIX the pvp and the classes NOW befor opening game day, or youll just find the same problem as every other company that was to stupid to do it befor it was to late.

Singleplayer games =======> That way.

nice way to put it because i dont want to complain always about pvp,

but most of us know somethings wrong with pvp

great post

I don't want to complain either. So how can we make the post more positive? Part of it is a community directory - server threads, guides, great discussions. Only half of it is the issues/bugs/wants. So what else could I add? PvP videos?

The balance between each class so soooo messed up! but the one thing thats if going to the the end of pvp is the level differences. who playce a lvl 10 v a lvl 50 yea u have there health but there skills 1 hit you there is no point. you need to fix this. put level 10 with lvl 10's 20's with 20's and so on so fourth. its getting retared. i fill bad for the people vuying it today because they get to come into pvp with a bunch of lvl 45+ pvper's and not enjoy anything.

I have full faith that Bioware is monitoring these issues in regards to PvP. Many MMO launches in the past have experienced similar problems and we have to remember we just launched the game. Patches will fix many issues, however it just takes some time. I would love to hear when the first big patch will be implemented.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, it wasn't in the OP, but...

We need 8 man queuing for warzones. Trying to jump into a pvp match with 4 coordinated team members running pre-made strats and communicating on TS / Vent, etc... and then having to deal with some noob on your team grabbing the ball when you weren't looking and running the wrong way with it is *painful*

Why does everyone hate Hutton ball? The sith and Jedi leap iis the count for the range classes being able to attack from above. And I do believe they are adding more war zones if you read the future forms they said that they will be aiding more war zones shortly after launch