Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

StephenReid

Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?  

3,019 members have voted

1. 1. Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?

• Full 3D space battles
    • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
    • Pod/speeder racing
    • Capital ship battles

EDIT: Also, pazaak. You already have Pazaak Cantina, how hard is it to translate that into the game??

Uhh, because most of us that have been asking for pazaak for the last few years have been wanting it to be single- and multi-player in the cantina.

That's obviously not just "cut'n'paste"...

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd LOVE a combination of 1 and 4 - Full 3D space battles, *including* capital ship battles.

Imagine if you would:

Two guilds. One republic, one imperial.

Space. It's big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is... but anyway. Let's say you have a space war zone, with three capture points.

Nebula.

Moon.

Asteroid field.

Each guild has a set number of points to attribute to different vessels that have different point values.

So let's say 100 points.

Command ship - 0 points.

Star Destroyer - 40 points.

Cruiser - 15 points.

Frigate - 10 points.

Bombers - 5 points.

Fighters - 3 points.

You could then make up your fleet with any combination of the above as long as they come in at 100 points or under.

So you could, theoretically, have dozens of fighters and one frigate. Or two star destroyers, a frigate and two fighters.

The idea is that you experiment with different load outs and see what works for you and your group :D

Each ship is controlled by one person.

The command ship is your 'base', so you get one of those (with one person designated the commander). It is the only ship capable of taking a capture point.

The commander sees the map as an RTS - and directs other vessels much like in an RTS. Highlight some fighters or a frigate. Click on what to destroy.

All pilots would get updates on their radar as to their objectives as dictated by the commander.

Support vessels could have their own toolbar. They could have skills e.g.

'Medical Frigate' - keeps the shield up of other ships - think of a 'healer' class.

'Shields up' - keeps damage away from other ships - think of a 'tank' class.

'It's a trap' - Allow other ships to warp straight to your location, reinforcing you immediately.

'Wall of fire' - Fires all defence turrets at once in one direction.

etc etc

Fighters/bombers would try and take down the support vessels. Fighters are weak though, and if destroyed, they respawn at any larger ship's hangar bays and launch from there.

Objective would be to destroy the enemy command ship or control as many of the capture points as possible. Think of the current 'Civil War' on Alderaan. Use your command ship to take capture point, move onto the next.

I mean, I could go on and on. But I just LOVE the idea of flying in a tiny fighter past huge capitol ships controlled by my friends while defending them by shooting down the enemy. THAT'S my fantasy! :D

C'mon. It'd be awesome :D

QS :D

Edited by quantumsheep

The possibilities with space in this game is endless. For me, the perfect game would be the combination of superb ground/planet gaming with the expansive space included.

No need for the complexity of a fully formed simulator. JTL complexity or close to would be splendid.

This in the form of

-Space questing.

-Space gathering.

-Space travel/ manually fly and Hyperjump for those that wants fast travel.

-Space battles in the open space and battlegrounds(similiar to ground setup)

-And ofcourse, the dream of Faction vs faction in designated areas.

Guild Capitals could be flown to these areas to take part in the battles for respective faction. Boarding of guild capitals with ground fighting inside them.

- If this could be implemented. No game would come close to rival SWTOR. Atm I feel this game is to close to other games. Which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. It needs an extra dimension, story and voice is fine but it is not that important for the long run.

I think you should have made it a "Check all that you are interested in" poll in stead of choose one.

But I chose vehicle combat.

I'd liek to see that kind of thing pop up in the PVE content.

Fighting on a speeder a la Return of the Jedi

Being able to ride tauntaun, dewbacks, walkers for certain missions.

That being said, I'm interested in all of the above. Full 3d space combat seems more like a game in itself.

Oh man, I would love to see full blown 3-D space battles. I was a huge BSG online fan, until they ruined it, but SWTOR space graphics blows it out of the water. If BW can do it right, mash BSG and SWTOR together, they would would make a killing on a space combat game people have been wanting. I used to run a 300+ wing, and the market is ripe for a good retail version of space combat. So many others fall short. Eve online has too much risk and grind involved, and BSG has great PvP, but it's just a cash cow for Big Point. No new content after a year and only more pay for items, not to mention your gear will be replaced with something better in a month. People are so pissed with BSG, that they will come in groves. lol Can't wait to see what BW does. BSG had such potential to be epic space combat, but they were greedy and lazy. I hope they research a little and see what works and what don't. Oh the potential. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMjFrUr5zIU

Edited by Innocences

I pick space battles, but it would also depend how long it would take to develop, test, and implement said feature. If pod racing can be done let's say by patch 1.3 vs space battles in a year I would rather have pod racing be developed first.

the funny thing is- i like the space system currently in place- the cinematic railed space battles are awesome- and a tad more realistic (military space operations would have predetermined flight paths after all, mostly)....
I'd just like to disagree on this point. There would not be predetermined flight paths when dog fighting. Also, you wouldn't have so many enemy fighters choosing to fly ahead of you prior to attacking you.

Having stated that, the space game is okay. I was a fan of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series as well as JTL, although I'm a bigger fan of Rebellion and Capital ship class combat. YMMV.

My fantasy involved my Sentinel using two purple lightsabers from the start if not very early in his career. So, in that case, it has not been fulfilled. Please fix this Sir James!

As far as the four choices, I would like a fully fleshed out space game in addition to the missions we currently have.

Edited by Delekahn

Where is the all of the above poll option, in addition to Pazaak, player created cantina bands & band music, full personal ship customization with different types of weaponry, armor plating, furniture, and crew members (on a side note, where do crew members cook, shower, relieve themselves, or even sleep since my sage's ship only has one bed?). I'd also like to see 4v4 arena type mini-games with 4 players AND their companions versus 4 players and their companions. How about dejarik (the game C-3PO and Chewie play from Episode IV)?

I think swoop/pod/speeder racing should feature customizable vehicles along the lines of the Nintendo 64 game Pod Racer. In one slot, you can choose between faster acceleration or a higher max speed, and I'd like to see SWTOR move away from the current ship customization options in which you never have to trade off stats - you can only make them more powerful.

Also, how about some type of holovid meta-game where you can pop on the old virtual reality visor and experience past events, such as Revan's routing of the Mandalorians over Malachor V.

Continue giving us the classic locations we love and want: Yavin 4, Dantooine, Dac/Mon Cala/whatever you want to call Ackbar's homeworld, whatever happend to Manaan, Bespin, etc. You know when Anakin said he wanted to visit ALL THE PLANETS? I want to visit ALL THE PLANETS.

And please continue releasing new flashpoints, operations, and warzones on a regular basis, but I'm sure you will, so I'm not worried about that.

Fix Ilum, or create some other large scale PVP game. Warhammer: Online had FANTASTIC PVP (until they changed the max renown rank from 80 to 100). Give us keeps, NPCS, and tons of objectives to fight over. Optimize/refine/just fix the engine so we can have more than 30 people on screen at once without lag even if we have to crank our graphics down.

Server merges and/or free server transfers from the least populated servers. This is a serious problem, one that I'd like to see addressed sooner rather than later. Right after launch, there were a solid 300 people on the Republic fleet during 6-11 PM. Now there are about 100. I'm sure 1.2 will bring some back, but anything less than 200 feels a little sparse. 300-400 is preferable.

Cross server PVP/PVE matchmaking. Better cosmetic customization options with advanced primary/secondary color palettes. More companion missions to do what THEY want to do (instead of always being at your beck and call). The ability to flirt/kiss/do kinky stuff with your significant other whenever (just like in Dragon Age). Actual questions being asked and concerns being raised when my Sage MARRIES his padawan (I guess in this case, the Jedi Council's a-ok with this?). The chance to kill companions off yourself or have them killed by somebody else to give your relationship with them more meaning. The ability to change factions. A third or even fourth faction. More character races (why not droids? They can speak basic).

More new locations and settings. One star destroyer is the same as the next. I want more unique settings and more breathtaking moments when I just have to sit back and gaze on a landscape for a minute. I don't want to feel, "oh great, another cave, building, starship, etc." I want to feel, "wow! This looks beautiful, and it's nowhere else in the game - just in this one location."

Oh yeah, flashpoints which require companions, like that 4v4 PVP arena I described above. You put together a group of 4 players, and then you bring your companions along for the fun as well.

I think I could go on and on, but just one more idea: legacy crafting. With high legacy levels, you can unlock some items which are bound to legacy. Maybe armor, weapons, stims, whatever. Maybe these items require multiple crafting professions to create. To fashion a helmet with great stats, maybe I need three different characters to craft bound-to-legacy biochem, cybertech, and synthweaving materials.

Oh yeah, the ultimate Star Wars fantasy? Confront your alts. You're light side and you have a Sith lord father? Defeat him in combat and turn him to the light side. Make your legacy part of your storytelling experience instead of having 8 different characters merely connected on a family tree.

I could continue spewing out ideas, but this seems like a pretty good start. Oh yeah, I pay my $15 a month, so I expect you to implement ALL OF THESE IDEAS in the next 12 months, Bioware. :D

Where is the all of the above poll option, in addition to Pazaak, player created cantina bands & band music, full personal ship customization with different types of weaponry, armor plating, furniture, and crew members (on a side note, where do crew members cook, shower, relieve themselves, or even sleep since my sage's ship only has one bed?). I'd also like to see 4v4 arena type mini-games with 4 players AND their companions versus 4 players and their companions. How about dejarik (the game C-3PO and Chewie play from Episode IV)?

I think swoop/pod/speeder racing should feature customizable vehicles along the lines of the Nintendo 64 game Pod Racer. In one slot, you can choose between faster acceleration or a higher max speed, and I'd like to see SWTOR move away from the current ship customization options in which you never have to trade off stats - you can only make them more powerful.

Also, how about some type of holovid meta-game where you can pop on the old virtual reality visor and experience past events, such as Revan's routing of the Mandalorians over Malachor V.

Continue giving us the classic locations we love and want: Yavin 4, Dantooine, Dac/Mon Cala/whatever you want to call Ackbar's homeworld, whatever happend to Manaan, Bespin, etc. You know when Anakin said he wanted to visit ALL THE PLANETS? I want to visit ALL THE PLANETS.

And please continue releasing new flashpoints, operations, and warzones on a regular basis, but I'm sure you will, so I'm not worried about that.

Fix Ilum, or create some other large scale PVP game. Warhammer: Online had FANTASTIC PVP (until they changed the max renown rank from 80 to 100). Give us keeps, NPCS, and tons of objectives to fight over. Optimize/refine/just fix the engine so we can have more than 30 people on screen at once without lag even if we have to crank our graphics down.

Server merges and/or free server transfers from the least populated servers. This is a serious problem, one that I'd like to see addressed sooner rather than later. Right after launch, there were a solid 300 people on the Republic fleet during 6-11 PM. Now there are about 100. I'm sure 1.2 will bring some back, but anything less than 200 feels a little sparse. 300-400 is preferable.

Cross server PVP/PVE matchmaking. Better cosmetic customization options with advanced primary/secondary color palettes. More companion missions to do what THEY want to do (instead of always being at your beck and call). The ability to flirt/kiss/do kinky stuff with your significant other whenever (just like in Dragon Age). Actual questions being asked and concerns being raised when my Sage MARRIES his padawan (I guess in this case, the Jedi Council's a-ok with this?). The chance to kill companions off yourself or have them killed by somebody else to give your relationship with them more meaning. The ability to change factions. A third or even fourth faction. More character races (why not droids? They can speak basic).

More new locations and settings. One star destroyer is the same as the next. I want more unique settings and more breathtaking moments when I just have to sit back and gaze on a landscape for a minute. I don't want to feel, "oh great, another cave, building, starship, etc." I want to feel, "wow! This looks beautiful, and it's nowhere else in the game - just in this one location."

Oh yeah, flashpoints which require companions, like that 4v4 PVP arena I described above. You put together a group of 4 players, and then you bring your companions along for the fun as well.

I think I could go on and on, but just one more idea: legacy crafting. With high legacy levels, you can unlock some items which are bound to legacy. Maybe armor, weapons, stims, whatever. Maybe these items require multiple crafting professions to create. To fashion a helmet with great stats, maybe I need three different characters to craft bound-to-legacy biochem, cybertech, and synthweaving materials.

Oh yeah, the ultimate Star Wars fantasy? Confront your alts. You're light side and you have a Sith lord father? Defeat him in combat and turn him to the light side. Make your legacy part of your storytelling experience instead of having 8 different characters merely connected on a family tree.

I could continue spewing out ideas, but this seems like a pretty good start. Oh yeah, I pay my $15 a month, so I expect you to implement ALL OF THESE IDEAS in the next 12 months, Bioware. :D

I agree with most of this.

Giving our companions more use at level 50 would be awesome! I like the4v4(plus companions) idea a lot.

• Full 3D space battles
  • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
  • Pod/speeder racing
  • Capital ship battles

All of those would be good addition to the game.

But full 3D space battles WITH capital ships would be awesome. :)

The game beeing bugless, servers beeing on a good population and i dunno cross server FP finders?

Wrong team. They're asking about a different team. They'll be working on...you guessed it, space!

The teams you're referring to are already working on those. ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

If they are doing the full free flight space then i think they could learn alot from jtl, I played swg pre cu and jtl was the only thing that kept me in swg for a few months after. I was lucky enough to be one of the few to actualy get the Y-8 mining ship and that setup would be a perfect example of what a guild capital ship could and should be like.

Later, when the gunships came in, the y-8 became obsolete. Now, those gunships were cool.