Conversations - Dark Side Points

CHStriker

Hi guys,

first post here so forgive me if I'm missing something.

I'm playing a Sith Sorcerer and during the quests I was always trying to pick the best answer based on a main purpose. This purpose being Empire defeating the Republic. The thing is: During the conversations, the answers that give me dark points are not the best for the Empire. I guess I expected to be rewarded for being loyal to the Empire.

I really think we should get dark side points for standing for the Empire. Evil for a purpose instead of evil for being evil. Of course the evil answer should grant DS points. What about the evil for being evil answer grant more points then the evil for the empire answers? But BOTH granting DS points.

Thanks for the attention!

Inquisitors are out for themselves, not really the Empire. Warriors are more for that.

And the Empire isn't evil and supporting it isn't evil, its just led by stereotypically evil people to make you want to overthrow it or change it for yourself.

You shouldn't just pick DS choices, even if you are a Sith. If you want to "support" the empire, pick choices that support it regardless of morality.

IMHO you should pick choices that fit the views of what your character should do. It really annoys me when people intentionally pick DS or LS options just to get titles or gear, that destroys the whole purpose of the system. For example, I would pick the Empire over credits because, frankly, I'm not a smuggler, and that is what I think my character would do.

IMHO you should pick choices that fit the views of what your character should do. It really annoys me when people intentionally pick DS or LS options just to get titles or gear, that destroys the whole purpose of the system. For example, I would pick the Empire over credits because, frankly, I'm not a smuggler, and that is what I think my character would do.

Well, it looks kind of stupid, me saying I'm not a smuggler with my signature and all, so I'm just not a smuggler when I'm playing on my Juggernaut.

Unless you're totally bent on reaching DS / LS 5, there is no real need on going purely with one allignment choices. The only thing you get from being tier 5 are relics and you can replace them after a couple set of dailies. You can also pick up Diplomacy after the storyline is done and simply boost your alignment.

Take it from me - switch off allignment gain showing in conversations and play however you like, according to how you would act. I made the mistake of not doing it on my SW and ultimately rushed my way to DS 5 which was awkward on multiple occasions since the decisions were not the ones I'd actually pick.

Edited by gibmachine

Apart from your argument, I noticed that the SI earns much less DS points than the SW. A good friend and I play a SI (me) and a SW (him) parallel. We both choose DS options when offered because frankly, weak scum doesn't deserve to live ;)

We are lvl 38 at the end of Taris. I think the SW reached Dark IV already on Alderaan, while my SI didn't even reach 6k DS points yet (6750 are required for Dark IV).

Of course it is just some sort of title-thingy, but nevertheless I wonder...

As people stated above, you should pick the options based on your own personal standpoints, helping the empire in this instance, DS options generally involve personal progress, killing needlessly, and being...well...evil....though not all options reflect this.

An example being that at a certain point within the Imperial Agent Story, You have two options, one light, and one dark....BUT the choice isn't a pure good/evil one, its more a "Do this, so I can do this, resulting in this." or "Do this, then this happens, leading to that." the DS option leads to plenty of that good ol' death, yet in the end the decision ends up "Better" (IMO), than picking the light, even if I took a hit from my more or less Good Agent, it fit better to my ideals, and reasons. Plus saying "Or how about I shoot you in the face" is always fun, no matter the alignment picked =P