Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

Makavelieazy

I hate how some stupid author gave The Jedi Exile (from KOTOR2) was killed by the emperor and kept Revan enslaved. I understand how some characters must die and not all character endings are not suppose to be happy like Mace Windu in EP 3, but to be back stabbed by Scourge and not given a chance to show the Emperor some the power of being dead to the force and some dark teachings of Darth Traya. Also She schooled the corruptions of the force, like Darth Nihlius, Atris, Darth Sion. Yes, I'm a huge fan of KOTOR2 and even more since i played it with the Restoration Mod. Edited by Makavelieazy

Its alright, theres been lots of characters throughout time that were good(in other series too) and were wisked away rather shortly and in a not so epic fashion. Point being, good characters sometimes can't have those epic last stand moments....which is rather fine because if all of them did it would be rather unoriginal and predictable. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah, he did sort of down play her power a bit. Granted I don't think he downplayed it as much as you guys think, but in a since we agree. And yes, seeing her die that way was sort of teribble. But honestly, I think someone needed to die. It just wouldn't have been realistic if they'd all lived.

Her death was lame, especially considering her powers of precognition. But the death doesn't bother me as much as the mishandling of the character of Drew's part.

Absolutely no research done on her canon powers and abilities. She became just a companion to his creation. Very dissapointing :mad:

Her death was lame, especially considering her powers of precognition. But the death doesn't bother me as much as the mishandling of the character of Drew's part.

Absolutely no research done on her canon powers and abilities. She became just a companion to his creation. Very dissapointing :mad:

Its not like thats anything new. All characters can have lame deaths, or completely forget their powers or whatever due to writing.

Its not like thats anything new. All characters can have lame deaths, or completely forget their powers or whatever due to writing.

And that's the problem, Drew should have learned from the other couple of times this has happened, or at least learned about what happens when you mess around with Darth Bane's original story.

You do know Chee got on his behind about that? involving Revan in the Darth Bane story, he was not happy at all, but because of the trilogy's success he let it slide.

And that's the problem, Drew should have learned from the other couple of times this has happened, or at least learned about what happens when you mess around with Darth Bane's original story.

You do know Chee got on his behind about that? involving Revan in the Darth Bane story, he was not happy at all, but because of the trilogy's success he let it slide.

So we come right to it then, success and money! As long as those two things are good, then the characters are usually not protected. Sure you upset fans, but it all comes down to success and money so really no matter what the character it doesn't matter. They could have lame deaths or epic.

I mean take a look at this.

Within the span of a second, a main character died. That upset me at the time, but now it doesn't as much...even so it shows not all characters can have good death scenes some are just quick and to the point.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

So we come right to it then, success and money! As long as those two things are good, then the characters are usually not protected. Sure you upset fans, but it all comes down to success and money so really no matter what the character it doesn't matter. They could have lame deaths or epic.

I mean take a look at this.

Within the span of a second, a main character died. That upset me at the time, but now it doesn't as much...even so it shows not all characters can have good death scenes some are just quick and to the point.

It is about the money. I think it should be more about telling the tale of Star Wars while making money, but story should be at the front. People do die lame deaths. But let me tell you this: if Drew writess Revan's death, it will be the most epic thing that you could ever imagine. Why? Because Revan is pretty much Drew's character and he has done everything in his power to make everyone look like a chump in comparison.

It is about the money. I think it should be more about telling the tale of Star Wars while making money, but story should be at the front. People do die lame deaths. But let me tell you this: if Drew writess Revan's death, it will be the most epic thing that you could ever imagine. Why? Because Revan is pretty much Drew's character and he has done everything in his power to make everyone look like a chump in comparison.

Probably so, haven't seen the creator of a character ever give them a lame death because...well its their character. I mean would you give a character, that you spent time working on, giving their abilities, stories, villains, companions, etc and at the end give them a lame death?

Probably so, haven't seen the creator of a character ever give them a lame death because...well its their character. I mean would you give a character, that you spent time working on, giving their abilities, stories, villains, companions, etc and at the end give them a lame death?

No I would not. You are correct that an author would not kill their own character in a lame way. But I think the death should be fitting to the character. In my opinion, Revan should have been killed by the Emperor. Drew missed his chance for his character to be killed by the most powerful being in the galaxy. It would have been a good death. Revan's fought countless enemies and defeated them. Shouldn't his death come from a battle that he can't win? I think so.

Edited by Aurbere

No I would not. You are correct that an author would not kill their own character in a lame way. But I think the death should be fitting to the character. In my opinion, Revan should have been killed by the Emperor. Drew missed his chance for his character to be killed by the most powerful being in the galaxy. It would have been a good death. Revan's fought countless enemies and defeated them. Shouldn't his death come from a battle that he can't win? I think so.

True, true, eh will see what happens. Perhaps will get to kill him again(if he does come back), or its just referenced that Revan went after the Emperor(again..) and died.

True, true, eh will see what happens. Perhaps will get to kill him again(if he does come back), or its just referenced that Revan went after the Emperor(again..) and died.

If he does come back, I would like to see him help us out in the final battle with the Emperor. Maybe he can sacrifice himself to stop the Emperor. Of course they would have to make sure they don't put him in the starring role. This is, after all, a game about our characters. I guess we will see.

Edited by Aurbere

For me, the most annoying thing is that, Chris Avellone didn't trample all over Revan, in-fact he makes Revan the biggest name since Exar Kun, he treats the character with high quality.

Drew Karypyshyn gets the Exile character, what does he do? make that character pretty much insignificant besides freeing Revan, which Scourge probably would've done anyway.

I really don't feel that Meetra was downplayed as much as you guys say. Here's what I think:

1: Revan was obviously the main character in the book. This in itself bumps Meetra down a bit. I understand how this annoys people though.

2: Her death was very quick and un-epic. This sucks for us all. Poor writing on Drew's part.

But in terms of how Revan's character was handled, I think that Drew did a great job. Sue me. I feel like you guys are being a little unfair to Drew. Besides the Exile and besides the whole using two sides of the force, what was THAT bad about the novel? I though it was great.

I really don't feel that Meetra was downplayed as much as you guys say. Here's what I think:

1: Revan was obviously the main character in the book. This in itself bumps Meetra down a bit. I understand how this annoys people though.

2: Her death was very quick and un-epic. This sucks for us all. Poor writing on Drew's part.

But in terms of how Revan's character was handled, I think that Drew did a great job. Sue me. I feel like you guys are being a little unfair to Drew. Besides the Exile and besides the whole using two sides of the force, what was THAT bad about the novel? I though it was great.

Revan was the main character, but you still have to acknowledge the feats and accomplishments, as well as the powers of the other characters. Meetra was handled very poorly, to the point that she shouldn't have even been in the book. She went from savior of the galaxy to Star Trek Red shirt. Maybe not that bad, but you can see my point.

Edited by Aurbere

:eek::p Challenge Considered.

I agree on the part where we can't get our favorite chars get a good death, but if only Drew cared enough on researching Suriik rather than weakening her and using her as 2 birds and 1 stone excuse, then he would understand its not that easy to kill someone like her. I also get the fact the book is called Revan, not Suriik, the point is she played an equal role as Revan in saving the galaxy from the false Sith and the scars of war, hence deserved at least the same fate as Revan. Heck it'd make more sense for The Emperor to want Suriik for her dead to the force groove. Also if Kreia saw so much potential, so could the Emperor.

1.Scourge was clearly the main character here, not Revan.

2.He didn't bother to tie up all the loose ends, instead he created more than he got rid of.

3,The writing was very bad, I mean that Dues ex machinima way the Exile just managed to find the servant of the guy who just manages to be the only Sith Lord on the entire planet that can get her to revan and then the Dues ex machinima way Revan just gets all his memories back when he wears his mask.

4.He gave the Sith Empire the same lightsaber forms that the Jedi used and the original Sith had never even seen, some of the forms didn't even exist till after the Great Hyperspace War, DK seems to have an alternate lore where the Sith are just the dark versions of the Jedi and nothing more.

5.So the Jedi Order was supposed to be VERY dead at this point, the entire Order had disbanded, yet after the Dark Wars, the Exile goes to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple is FILLED with them, despite the fact Kreia says the exact opposite is true, along with about every other NPC in the game.

6.Apparently the big threat to the Republic, the Jedi and the entire galaxy wasn't really that big of a threat because it was an 'isolated case', y'know, cus the Sith didn't attack Onderon and Telos IV, nor did they destroy the Peragus mining colony, wipe an entire planet devoid of life nor did the Republic get saved despite the fact in exactly three standard months it would have collapsed from the moment the Exile returned to known space, nah.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I hate how some stupid author gave The Jedi Exile (from KOTOR2) was killed by the emperor and kept Revan enslaved. (...)

I fully agree with you. I was very disappointed by the book. Even more with how Revan was portrayed, but this is another story. But: What should we do about it? I am surprised that a discussion evolved out of your opening post. ;)

Actually, I think you're right. I think He certainly could have killed Revan in the novel. It would have been freaking epic and I probably would've cried.

If he had killed off Revan, it would have been a Braveheart moment if you know what I mean.

Darn that would've been a nice ending.... as opposed to getting killed (or so we think) by four PCs.

I fully agree with you. I was very disappointed by the book. Even more with how Revan was portrayed, but this is another story. But: What should we do about it? I am surprised that a discussion evolved out of your opening post. ;)

Lol, Forgot to check my writing, before posting. I guess im not so sharp 24 hours awake. But i'm glad im not the only one who feels that Suriik was ripped off. Due to the facts that unfortunately KOTOR 2 came out missing parts including very epic moments like the party trying to kill Kreia before Suriik reached her sanctum and the very awesome HK-47 interaction with the HK-50 factory on Telos. But nonetheless I loved the plot of Kotor 2 with and without the restoration mod. It proves that Star Wars isn't simply army vs army and knew that there was at least a hero to thank for saving the galaxy from certain death from the horrors of war.

".... and where they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see hope for all life."

- Mical (Kotor 2)

Edited by Makavelieazy

Actually, I think you're right. I think He certainly could have killed Revan in the novel. It would have been freaking epic and I probably would've cried.

If he had killed off Revan, it would have been a Braveheart moment if you know what I mean.

Darn that would've been a nice ending.... as opposed to getting killed (or so we think) by four PCs.

I'm down with that 100%, that would of been a perfect way to close that chapter of our lives, better to be a martyr against the main guy rather than fish food. I mean really he was a glorious strategist that the Mandalorians feared and respected to the death. But to be honest I love the speech he gives before fighting him on the flashpoint, brought a tear in my eye.

1.Scourge was clearly the main character here, not Revan.

2.He didn't bother to tie up all the loose ends, instead he created more than he got rid of.

3,The writing was very bad, I mean that Dues ex machinima way the Exile just managed to find the servant of the guy who just manages to be the only Sith Lord on the entire planet that can get her to revan and then the Dues ex machinima way Revan just gets all his memories back when he wears his mask.

4.He gave the Sith Empire the same lightsaber forms that the Jedi used and the original Sith had never even seen, some of the forms didn't even exist till after the Great Hyperspace War, DK seems to have an alternate lore where the Sith are just the dark versions of the Jedi and nothing more.

5.So the Jedi Order was supposed to be VERY dead at this point, the entire Order had disbanded, yet after the Dark Wars, the Exile goes to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple is FILLED with them, despite the fact Kreia says the exact opposite is true, along with about every other NPC in the game.

6.Apparently the big threat to the Republic, the Jedi and the entire galaxy wasn't really that big of a threat because it was an 'isolated case', y'know, cus the Sith didn't attack Onderon and Telos IV, nor did they destroy the Peragus mining colony, wipe an entire planet devoid of life nor did the Republic get saved despite the fact in exactly three standard months it would have collapsed from the moment the Exile returned to known space, nah.

You are right.

and, in "Revan" the main character is Scourge. Surik, that i loved, is a poor figure.

Why did Revan attack alone the Emperor?

But Surik almost killed the Emperor with her lightsaber thrown.

The novel could be better