Scheduled Maintenance: July 10th, 2013 [UPDATED]

AmberGreen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So forums are back but not the servers?.

Yeah I ran into the same thing. Saw the forums and website to be back up so assumed the servers/game was ready to update and log in on :( You can log in and update but once you hit the server screen it shows all servers offline. Wats up BW?

No mention of this on the forums anywhere but it seems all EU servers r still down. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Edited by TiaNicole
to add something

Yeah I ran into the same thing. Saw the forums and website to be back up so assumed the servers/game was ready to update and log in on :( You can log in and update but once you hit the server screen it shows all servers offline. Wats up BW?

No mention of this on the forums anywhere but it seems all EU servers r still down. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I'd recommend you to check out twitter during and shortly after maintenances.

"All #SWTOR servers in the NA and AU regions are now available! We now expect EU servers to be available at 9AM PDT (4PM UTC).", they stated there.

• Dev Post

All servers in the NA - West and East and APAC regions are now available!

Maintenance must be extended for European servers, and we expect them to be available at 9AM PDT (4PM UTC), and apologize for the inconvenience! This thread will be updated as soon as more information is available.

All servers in the NA - West and East and APAC regions are now available!

Maintenance must be extended for European servers, and we expect them to be available at 9AM PDT (4PM UTC), and apologize for the inconvenience! This thread will be updated as soon as more information is available.

Not really important and all but why are you guys posting EU dates in UTC time? Nobody uses it here and most people don't get what it means, just use GMT and CET

Really don't know why people ask for patch notes when you can click on "My SWTOR" then go to "Patch Notes"..... some people are just born FAILS. You can access the notes right from the launcher as well so why do you need them in a forum. Edited by Nadnerb_Fett

What is the reason why it must be extended for eu servers?? How can you get the other servers up on time but not our servers?

Hardware issue as stated in another thread.

Hey guys,

We are working through a hardware issue for the EU servers and will have them up ASAP! Thank you for your patience.

-eric

oh its nice to see the US and AP servers up and running but those poor EU player are sitting waiting for theirs to come back up. Not like its the middle of the day for them....

Oh dam I am one of those poor EU players! nice planning Bio....

Not really important and all but why are you guys posting EU dates in UTC time? Nobody uses it here and most people don't get what it means, just use GMT and CET

Yeah... kind of annoying... of all timezones to pick they have to go with a very obscure one that you need to Google. :rolleyes:

oh its nice to see the US and AP servers up and running but those poor EU player are sitting waiting for theirs to come back up. Not like its the middle of the day for them....

Oh dam I am one of those poor EU players! nice planning Bio....

As much as it sucks, there's nothing they can do about hardware issues - if something breaks down, it breaks down...

For what it's worth, I'm right there with you - watching the US servers being up while my EU server is down... man, it's been one of those days all day today... :(

Really don't know why people ask for patch notes when you can click on "My SWTOR" then go to "Patch Notes"..... some people are just born FAILS. You can access the notes right from the launcher as well so why do you need them in a forum.

That one that's included in the "all servers and forums are down" page?

Yeah, that's not exactly readable when it's down for maintenance.

That's not so bad, I guess! It's still a bit soul destroying watching the US and Asian servers go up before your own, haha

Yeah, wednesday is my free day and there's been maintenance for ages now...(I am supposed to study, anyway, but well...). Can't wait for the servers to be up again, too :D

GMT would work equally well (IIRC the only difference between it and UTC are leap seconds). Any other timezone is worse though, since it makes conversion more complicated. People generally know their own offset from GMT, but may have to look up the other timezone. And daylight savings time can be different in different timezones too, or even in different countries within the same timezone.

I have nothing against UTC, it's quite easy for Germany: just add two hours.

For me, it's not important which one they chose, as long as they don't keep changing it. I am used to UTC by now, at least until the clock will be set back one hour again.