2.0 Failure

PlagaNerezza

This ENTIRE patch is geared towards end game, adding on new content for level 50s to go up to 55. This is exactly the character progression you were talking about! More PvP and PvE will be added later. Patience is key, not just to MMOs, but to everything.

More pvp will be added later? Seriously?

14 months have passed and i hereby present to you the history of pvp content.

* Novar Coast added.

* Ancient Hypergates added.

* Ilum Removed.

* PvP Gear progression removed?

Cool pvp history bro! In between these amazing additions/removals to pvp, there have been ALOT of other pvp-related notifications in the patchnotes - and ALL of them have been bugfixes and changes to pvp-mechanics, except for these 4 points listed above of which 2 actually is aboutremoving content!

How long do you consider it valid to be patient and wait for "more pvp content to be added"?

Well your server must truly blow. Because TOFN has its own rated league arranged between the guilds. We dont need a new grind? i take it you mean gear? because when the level goes to 55 what did you think would happen?? that gear you grinded at 50 to be viable then??. Are you sure mmo's are for you? because Grind is what mmos are. I can see what your saying about no incentive and the lack of creativity. Also the matchmaking issues completely correct but you complain about grind etc which is completely defunct

Hey your satisfied with rated in its current form? then great.

I have np with gear grinds, in fact I love them, but really there are none in this game. It's too easy to get gear. My point is at 55 all the top players will be done with their grind within 2-3 weeks. Then what? Run on the hamster wheel? There is going to be nothing different that 55 brings to the table besides gear with new names and stats that everyone will have.

You agree with me on the lack of creativity. My problem is this; same wz's, same 8 vs 8, same matchmaking issues.

Therefore, I don't see 2.0 fixing any of the issues that a lot of players care about. We need more variety. 4 vs 4, 12 vs 12, make it random idc. How bout dropping a Boss into the wz? How bout being able to set up NPC defenders or attackers? How bout matches with 3 teams? How bout giving the top guild who wins the "Big" match a prize, an incentive so that every player wants to be in the top guild. How bout team play with real strategic thinking before the match begins that involves more than just "lets go west and east or lets take snow and grass". The 8 vs 8 was great for a while but its getting old. Don't get me wrong its not horrible, its just getting boring for some of us. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

this game is not pvp focussed it aint gw2 so its normal that there is more pve content and only logic that the expasion is all about pve first.

im sure they will add new wzs soon just gotta be patient, go play with your gf or something when you bored for the time being :p

I have to say that I'm feeling more concerned than optimistic about 2.0 now, its all feeling a lot like the NGE, where gear stopped making any difference (until it was fixed), just in 2.0 they are telling us and in NGE they didn't.

Anyway, I do like the concept of making entry to PvP a competitive start unlike now, recruit gear does suck and while I think a good recruit will beat a bad EWH, a good recruit is going to die to anything else.

It's not unfair for the player, everyone has to endure it, it's unfair for the rest of the team who, because there is no matchmaking logic AT ALL!, got placed in a group with recruits.

Bolster 2.0 is really sounding either a) broken beyond all recognition and going to be fixed or b) broken beyond all recognition

I dont know, it feels to me like the 'designer' has gotten this badly wrong, knows it, but is being left in charge of fixing his mistake using the same broken logic that caused the problem in the first place.

Dude, AH was yet in last August, 6 month ago... I dont like this WZ, its not as good as Huttball or Voidstar.

So, 6 monthes and NO new WZ... hahaha... no 4x4 arenas... no pure deathmatch warzone... hahaha...

So zero new content for pure pvp'ers who mostly playing in pug only (cuz most time friends off-line). If zero new content, than ciao.

This game have great storyline and some nice wz, but after year playing any pve boring and old game matchmaking mistakes like pugs/premade problem ( was same also in WoW or AION) still exist...

Ancient hypergates was in 1.6 in beginning of December, "dude", lol. And premades are fine as they are. It's clear from these two point that you are a hardcore pvper dude. 10/10 for trolling post though.

Well your server must truly blow. Because TOFN has its own rated league arranged between the guilds. We dont need a new grind? i take it you mean gear? because when the level goes to 55 what did you think would happen?? that gear you grinded at 50 to be viable then??. Are you sure mmo's are for you? because Grind is what mmos are. I can see what your saying about no incentive and the lack of creativity. Also the matchmaking issues completely correct but you complain about grind etc which is completely defunct

Not sure. I don't care about grinding gear, but then I pvp mostly. I mostly care about playing the warzones and winning. Don't even look on commendations or medals any more. Not saying that it should be given for free, as some people like the gear grind and some people like killing the opposite faction and win :).

I bet there will be a new WZ when Makeb hits Live , due to the fact in the last 6 months + when a new OPS came out a WZ follwed it . ie Denova = EC , Ancient Hypergate = TFB. So im thinking thats when the next WZ(s) will be . Well hoping anyways lol :wea_07:

the one thing I'll give Bioware, is that they seem to have done a pretty good job with 2.0 so far as far as overall balance. There are some problems that need addressing, but not as many as I would have expected at this point given the new levelsand other major modifications to the end game pvper.

Still, here we are with a ranked system that's limited to only 8 people queueing, long queue waits due to no cross server competition, and oh by the way, you aren't matched up well at all because of the lack of....wait for it....cross server queueing.

Ranked PvP is nearly a complete failure, 6 months after it was introduced.

There's a belief that ranked is only supposed to be for the best of the best. I don't believe this to quite be the case. There's plenty of room for teams ranked 1300, 1400, 1500. Heck, I'd probably be on one of these :D

Assuming we have CS queueing and the matchup engine works as it should - instead of setting you up with a 1900 rated opponent.

We need cross server queuing badly, and having a 4 man queue option for it wouldn't be terrible either. Sure, could have some composition problems, but you get those in normals as it is.

Edited by islander

Really they are focusing on the WRONG things in PVP. Sure balance is important...but instead of trying to re-balance everything, give us a stupid new bolster, re-work stats, etc....they should be focusing on:

New WZ's

New maps for current WZ objectives

Dueling arenas

Reasons to do open world PVP

Places where we can CONVENIENTLY access quickly for open world PVP

Instead we have a bunch of new unbalanced crap that is just annoying, wasn't asked for and was not needed at all. A couple classes needed a buff and everything else needed to be left alone, period. They are focusing on the wrong things. They also need to quit trying to change things that are working just fine.

They need to fix balance to improve the rest. However, they have been unable to do that yet again. Post 2.0 will demonstrate the same bias against certain classes that pre 2.0 does. They need to sort out all the DPS classes now and abandon the idea that the ability is DPS and off heal is somehow greater than the ability to DPS and taunt (looks at Pyro and Smash)

most people won't bother? right.. have you seen my latest world pvp video? Linked below for your convenience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXoheIk0vfs

Not all of us play on a PVP server, and they don't have server transfers.

Yes and keep adding these while the balance of pvp is messed up, smart move :)

From live buff merc dps and heals, fix bubble stun to how it is in 2.0 and problem solved, nothing else was really messed up and class balance would have been great for an mmo.

They need to fix balance to improve the rest. However, they have been unable to do that yet again. Post 2.0 will demonstrate the same bias against certain classes that pre 2.0 does. They need to sort out all the DPS classes now and abandon the idea that the ability is DPS and off heal is somehow greater than the ability to DPS and taunt (looks at Pyro and Smash)

That's exactly why I posted what I did. Of course we need balance but when I say they should work on other things, it's because balance really would be nearly as good as we can get it if you made the above changes.

the one thing I'll give Bioware, is that they seem to have done a pretty good job with 2.0 so far as far as overall balance. There are some problems that need addressing, but not as many as I would have expected at this point given the new levelsand other major modifications to the end game pvper.

Still, here we are with a ranked system that's limited to only 8 people queueing, long queue waits due to no cross server competition, and oh by the way, you aren't matched up well at all because of the lack of....wait for it....cross server queueing.

Ranked PvP is nearly a complete failure, 6 months after it was introduced.

There's a belief that ranked is only supposed to be for the best of the best. I don't believe this to quite be the case. There's plenty of room for teams ranked 1300, 1400, 1500. Heck, I'd probably be on one of these :D

Assuming we have CS queueing and the matchup engine works as it should - instead of setting you up with a 1900 rated opponent.

We need cross server queuing badly, and having a 4 man queue option for it wouldn't be terrible either. Sure, could have some composition problems, but you get those in normals as it is.

I agree on x server queuing, because that will put premade against premade a lot more.

Why is ranked pvp a failure? Ranked PvP is a failure due to required comps. Tanks are boring to play and one of you literally sits at a node defending the whole game, healers are boring to play in between bunnyhopping/cc'ing/interrupting (about the only fun thing to do while healing). You are required to have 4 of them to compete in a ranked. You are also REQUIRED to have one carnage marauder for the group sprint. When over HALF of your team is required to be support classes/specific specs? Ranked is a pain.

That means 5 people at all times in a guild need to be the perfect spec/class. Op healer, Bubblestun healer, Hybrid sin tank, and usually guardian tank, and carnage marauder. Other then that? ONLY THREE of the EIGHT can be non penciled in, and even then you prefer aoe taunt dps to mitigate damage, which pigeon holes you even farther. You would rather have a JUG dps then another marauder dps, etc. You would rather have a pyro PT then a sniper (unless the sniper is hella good).

In WoW half of your team was not healers/tanks with the other classes being able to taunt. Ranked wasn't too steep to join. In this game? It simply rewards you for playing a perfect comp WAY too much and requires WAY too many healers tanks taunt classes to compete.

Solutions? Good luck. Aoe taunt dps, guard, healer synergy is insanely good. Maybe they could remove the aoe taunt and make it tank spec only, so that more dps classes are viable? Until anything is addressed though? These are the only comps you are going to see, and not everyone is going to reroll to a class they might not even like playing just so they are on equal ground and "skill will win".

You CAN play other comps, but you are just screwing yourself.

No gear progression

No guild based objective pvp

No pvp season

In a nutshell, this is a very accurate and fair assessment of PvP in 2.0 to be sure. There is really nothing in RotHC for PvP except what looks like a botched attempt at class rebalancing and the extremely buggy implementation of the Bolster mechanic which only really is of benefit to PvErs who didn't like having to grind PvP gear.

Pretty disappointing.

Edited by DarthOvertone

From what I saw on test, you now need a rating to use the best pvp gear. I'm not too happy about that but it will mix things up and inspire more ranked play unless I'm missing something.

If I understand that correctly that would mean the guild teams that can get this top notch gear will then go into the non-rated servers just to kick around the ones of lesser gear?

I agree on x server queuing, because that will put premade against premade a lot more.

Why is ranked pvp a failure? Ranked PvP is a failure due to required comps. Tanks are boring to play and one of you literally sits at a node defending the whole game, healers are boring to play in between bunnyhopping/cc'ing/interrupting (about the only fun thing to do while healing). You are required to have 4 of them to compete in a ranked. You are also REQUIRED to have one carnage marauder for the group sprint. When over HALF of your team is required to be support classes/specific specs? Ranked is a pain.

That means 5 people at all times in a guild need to be the perfect spec/class. Op healer, Bubblestun healer, Hybrid sin tank, and usually guardian tank, and carnage marauder. Other then that? ONLY THREE of the EIGHT can be non penciled in, and even then you prefer aoe taunt dps to mitigate damage, which pigeon holes you even farther. You would rather have a JUG dps then another marauder dps, etc. You would rather have a pyro PT then a sniper (unless the sniper is hella good).

In WoW half of your team was not healers/tanks with the other classes being able to taunt. Ranked wasn't too steep to join. In this game? It simply rewards you for playing a perfect comp WAY too much and requires WAY too many healers tanks taunt classes to compete.

Solutions? Good luck. Aoe taunt dps, guard, healer synergy is insanely good. Maybe they could remove the aoe taunt and make it tank spec only, so that more dps classes are viable? Until anything is addressed though? These are the only comps you are going to see, and not everyone is going to reroll to a class they might not even like playing just so they are on equal ground and "skill will win".

You CAN play other comps, but you are just screwing yourself.

Pretty much. With Bubble stun gone, it's either a second operative, or a really skilled pure sorc healer. I expect in the future (2.0) ranked teams will likely see this second healer as interchangable between the two.

""Well your server must truly blow. Because TOFN has its own rated league arranged between the guilds.""

Ranked is booming on TOFN so all your servers must just stink according to one poster.

Yeah yeah yeah, if you need a reward you aren't a true pvp'er, you probably suck, blah blah blah.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a lack of world PVP and there isn't as much of one when you give people a reason to be doing it.

like ....

and btw ithere might be system when i kill in open pvp player 1 vs 1 there is a chance to loot some pieces of his gear

maybe with some restrictions for stealthers ...