New Dark Council members in the future

Slowpokeking

Right now, according to the TOR Encyclopedia and the game. These council members are still alive.

Sphere of Ancient Knowledge: Darth Nox

Sphere of Defense of the Empire: Darth Marr

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy: Darth Ravage

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence: Darth Jadus/Zhorrid

Sphere of Laws and Justice: Darth Mortis

Sphere of Mysteries: Darth Rectis

Sphere of Production and Logistics: Darth Vowrawn

Sphere of Sith Philosophy: Darth Aruk

Sphere of Technology : Former Councilor-Darth Mehkis- Darth Hadra-Darth Karrid

Gravus was a good choice but

he was ruined and killed in the new novel

. Actually nobody fit better than Mehkis.

Sphere of Military Offense: Former Councilor-Darth Vengen-Darth Baras-possibly Darth Arho

I guess Darth Tormen is perfect for this sphere, he's a bit overly ruthless but is also very tough.

Sphere of Military Strategy: Former Councilor Darth Decimus.

I guess Darth Charnus will mostly succeed on this sphere.

Sphere of Biotic Science: Former Councilor Darth Acharon

Maybe Darth Viktus?

Edited by Slowpokeking

Right now, according to the TOR Encyclopedia and the game. These council members are still alive.

Sphere of Ancient Knowledge: Darth Nox

Sphere of Defense of the Empire: Darth Marr

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy: Darth Ravage

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence: Darth Jadus/Zhorrid

Sphere of Laws and Justice: Darth Mortis

Sphere of Production and Logistics: Darth Vowrawn

Sphere of Sith Philosophy: Darth Aruk

Sphere of Technology : Former Councilor-Darth Mehkis- Darth Hadra-Darth Karrid

Gravus was a good choice but

he was ruined and killed in the new novel

. Actually nobody fit better than Mehkis.

Sphere of Military Offense: Former Councilor-Darth Vengen-Darth Baras-possibly Darth Arho

I guess Darth Tormen is perfect for this sphere, he's a bit overly ruthless but is also very tough.

Sphere of Military Strategy: Former Councilor Darth Decimus.

I guess Darth Charnus will mostly succeed on this sphere.

Sphere of Biotic Science: Former Councilor Darth Acharon

Maybe Darth Viktus?

It is becoming my pet peeve to see people automatically assuming Darth Nox, it is not.

Also Gravus would been great choice for Military Strategy or Offense instead of Technology based on his appearance, but yeah.

One thing I have thought about - is it possible for apprentice of another member to become member themselves while master still on it?

Edited by Chaloss

Sorry but Tormen can't be since BH can

kill him

I would not be suprised if Tormen is going to be alive since bioware has already canonized some of the events in the game. My personal opinion if you don't capture/kill the chancellor your a wish washy bounty hunter you don't turn off a contract if a target goes pwease don't kill/capture me.

Plus this is from darth marr page from wookiepedia and it was recently updated with swtor encyclopedia information. Its wookiepedia so it could be taken with a grain of salt but as I said darth marr page was updated with the release of swtor encyclopedia. (I need that book since I want to check this part up if anyone has the encyclopedia can you please check this part I linked from wookiepedia to see if its true?)

Around 3,641 BBY,[17] Darth Marr was presented with the body of Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus by Darth Tormen during a special session of the Council, as Tormen's bounty hunter had assassinated the Chancellor aboard his personal cruiser Founder during the Battle of Corellia. Marr was pleased with Tormen's work, and expressed an interest in hiring the bounty hunter if the need arose later on. Marr's support infuriated his fellow Dark Councilor Darth Decimus, whose Sphere of Military Strategy had planned the Imperial invasion of Corellia and who was personally overseeing the battle.

Edited by Trinos

I would not be suprised if Tormen is going to be alive since bioware has already canonized some of the events in the game. My personal opinion if you don't capture/kill the chancellor your a wish washy bounty hunter you don't turn off a contract if a target goes pwease don't kill/capture me.

Plus this is from darth marr page from wookiepedia and it was recently updated with swtor encyclopedia information. Its wookiepedia so it could be taken with a grain of salt but as I said darth marr page was updated with the release of swtor encyclopedia. (I need that book since I want to check this part up if anyone has the encyclopedia can you please check this part I linked from wookiepedia to see if its true?)

Around 3,641 BBY,[17] Darth Marr was presented with the body of Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus by Darth Tormen during a special session of the Council, as Tormen's bounty hunter had assassinated the Chancellor aboard his personal cruiser Founder during the Battle of Corellia. Marr was pleased with Tormen's work, and expressed an interest in hiring the bounty hunter if the need arose later on. Marr's support infuriated his fellow Dark Councilor Darth Decimus, whose Sphere of Military Strategy had planned the Imperial invasion of Corellia and who was personally overseeing the battle.

That was never in the encyclopedia book. Whoever put that in is just assuming the BH DS ending is canon, which we dont know yet. The reference to that quote leads to the email you get from Tormen.

The "LS" end does not make sense to me.

Why would you risk yourself to kill a Sith for someone who made you the top wanted of the republic? Darth Tormen is cruel but he didn't harm the BH. It didn't fit the BH character even if you go full lightside.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The "LS" end does not make sense to me.

Why would you risk yourself to kill a Sith for someone who made you the top wanted of the republic? Darth Tormen is cruel but he didn't harm the BH. It didn't fit the BH character even if you go full lightside.

I agree its the reason why my BH was only DS rank 3 by the end if you go pure light side your a wish washy bounty hunter imo. If its pure dark its a bit psychotic at times but your not wish washy a bit of a loose cannon yes but you don't spare targets just because they say pwease don't kill/capture me and give you a sob story as Trinos said.

Plus it was the republic that made me the most wanted I would not stick my neck out for them plus to the republic your still a criminal he just removed the most wanted. Plus I personally felt it eneded better with the capture/death of the chancellor. Tormen gave me a contract and I done it. As my BH said "pleasure working with you tormen, but do remember to send an offer its a business after all." Gault gave me lots of approval.

Being a BH is a "dark" profession in the star wars universe imo.

Edited by lokdron

I agree its the reason why my BH was only DS rank 3 by the end if you go pure light side your a wish washy bounty hunter imo. If its pure dark its a bit psychotic at times but your not wish washy a bit of a loose cannon yes but you don't spare targets just because they say pwease don't kill/capture me and give you a sob story as Trinos said.

Plus it was the republic that made me the most wanted I would not stick my neck out for them plus to the republic your still a criminal he just removed the most wanted. Plus I personally felt it eneded better with the capture/death of the chancellor. Tormen gave me a contract and I done it. As my BH said "pleasure working with you tormen, but do remember to send an offer its a business after all." Gault gave me lots of approval.

My BH is mostly light side and it's ok as long as you pick some dark side choices when the LS choice is too stupid, that includes the end.

Fair enough slow but for me personally some of the light option I am like *raise eyebrow* its the reason why I take gault over mako because mako see's the BH and mando's through rose/beer tinted goggles. BTW i rejected mandalore. Edited by lokdron

You may want to correct this to 'Rictus' - this sounds a bit rude :p

As for Darth Tormen, I doubt it. Seeing as we had the option to kill him, and it has not be confirmed that is canonically alive, it is unlikely he will appear. If he were to become a Dark Council member, it would have to be outside of the game. For if the BH encountered him again, he'd be like 'hey I killed you!'.

As for Darth Viktus, again unlikely. While I can't be sure he doesn't seem to much of an important character, just a sith lord you meet on Alderaan - he also doesn't seem to have anything to do with Biotic Science, more like Expansion and Diplomacy. Most likely we'll be seeing a brand new Sith, like Rictus or Aruk.

It is becoming my pet peeve to see people automatically assuming Darth Nox, it is not.

Lol, you can't just make a statement and then not back it up with a point :p What exactly do you mean here, are you talking about his name? If you are then I afraid this is likely to become canon, after all dark side is the most canonically accurate. And most people can't be bothered to put Occulus/Imperius after it.

One thing I have thought about - is it possible for apprentice of another member to become member themselves while master still on it?

I would say no. Why do you ask?

I disagree. Lightside BH makes perfect sense, especially when Tormen threatens harm to your companions (force chokes Mako) and the BH has a realization that what Tormen is making him his pet.

Remember "The only law in the galaxy is the one a man makes for himself" -that's the lightside ending. You are a hunter with ethics, you are to be honorable even when it means going against contract.

Beni remember that darth maul was chopped in half and we all thought he was dead? :D

Well I don't know what you did cause darth tormen did not threaten/choke me once he gave me a job and then he gave me credits once i completed the job. When I killed the chancellor we concluded our business and I left and he pretty much said "thanks" well a sith version of thanks.

Plus honour? The only honour you have as a BH is the contract you have with the client and if you don't honour that in my book your a wish washy bounty hunter. The BH is not a "Nice" business your BH is still a criminal because of the great hunt and the end events of chapter 1 and various other things you have done. Both LS and DS BH are war criminals.

"The only law in the galaxy is the one a man makes for himself"

Well Don't know what galaxy you live in but the galaxy disagrees with you.

Edited by lokdron

Beni remember that darth maul was chopped in half and we all thought he dead? :D
There's a difference here, unless there is another version of Episode I I haven't heard about where Maul defeats Obi-Wan (and Jar Jar isn't in it :D)

Well I don't know what you did cause darth tormen did not threaten/choke me once he gave me a job and then he gave me credits once i killed the chancellor we concluded our business and I left and he pretty much said "thanks" well a sith version of thanks.
I don't know what he did, but as soon as Lieutenant attempt to seize my weapons, I dropped him then blasted my way into Darth Tormen's office (the mighty Fenrus gives up his weapons to no one!) - lets just say he wasn't best pleased :D

Plus honour? The only honour you have as a BH is the contract you have with the client and if you don't honour that in my book your a wish washy bounty hunter. The BH is not a "Nice" business your BH is still a criminal because of the great hunt and the end events of chapter 1 and various other things you have done. Both LS and DS BH are war criminals.

"The only law in the galaxy is the one a man makes for himself"

Well Don't know what galaxy you live in but the galaxy disagrees with you.

It works both ways. There's the ruthless cutthroat BH who does anything as long as there's credits in it (my BH :p) - then there's the BH who's just trying to make a living and doesn't take the easy route if it involves needless killing. Most of the LS choices involve freezing an enemy instead of killing them, and just letting people live when there is no need to kill them. It's the dark side BH who kills anyone who crosses him, and tends to betray his employers if offered enough credits.

I played as a BH that does as the contract requires if the person wants them back alive they get them alive if they want them dead they are going to be dead. Plus I leave no loose ends by the end of the story I ended up at dark 3 with Gault at max approval.

Beni I recall there are loads of choices where the target wants to die an honorable death or die in battle when the client wants them alive obliging them is light and taking them in as the client wants is dark side (nar shadda and hoth are examples). I recall on DK is the only time where the client wants them alive (which is a light choice) since it pays more. Plus I did not kill him because I don't kill for her amusement.

Well everyone has different opinions anyway this is getting off topic I will say IF bioware makes darth tormen a dark council member I think he would be great in the sphere of offense position.

Edited by lokdron

As for Darth Tormen, I doubt it. Seeing as we had the option to kill him, and it has not be confirmed that is canonically alive, it is unlikely he will appear. If he were to become a Dark Council member, it would have to be outside of the game. For if the BH encountered him again, he'd be like 'hey I killed you!'.

So it could be non canon, just like many choices in KOTOR 1&2 and Force Unleashed. Overall the DS choice makes more sense.

As for Darth Viktus, again unlikely. While I can't be sure he doesn't seem to much of an important character, just a sith lord you meet on Alderaan - he also doesn't seem to have anything to do with Biotic Science, more like Expansion and Diplomacy. Most likely we'll be seeing a brand new Sith, like Rictus or Aruk.

Alderaan is a very important planet even in that era, so the one who's handling it should be some important figure.

Too bad Severin got wasted, I really like him.

I disagree. Lightside BH makes perfect sense, especially when Tormen threatens harm to your companions (force chokes Mako) and the BH has a realization that what Tormen is making him his pet.

Remember "The only law in the galaxy is the one a man makes for himself" -that's the lightside ending. You are a hunter with ethics, you are to be honorable even when it means going against contract.

It's not I like him, but Jun Seros and the chancellor are far worse to you. They framed those crimes to you and launched those cruel operations. You had your chance to avenge yourself because of Darth Tormen's help.

Remember those BH who got killed by the Jedi? And your companion got kidnapped because of those framed crimes.

Edited by Slowpokeking

So it could be non canon, just like many choices in KOTOR 1&2 and Force Unleashed. Overall the DS choice makes more sense.

This is a different situation though, as stand alones KOTOR 1 dark side works. KOTOR 2 dark side works (they even managed to make it fit with KOTOR 1 dark side) And the same for Force Unleashed. But if in a single game, there was to be a contradiction in storyline i.e LS BH kills Darth Tormen, Darth Tormen pops up on the Dark Council, the storyline would become fractured. While DS makes more sense you have to accomadate all players, especially role players. The only way of getting around this is having him appear as alive in EU works, or having him appear in the game, but not in the BH storyline. Both still don't fully solve the problem. The second one especially as I feel the storyline are to become more merged together.

While Tormen is a good candidate, there are too many obstacles to navigate. I would choose someone else if I were them. But I'm not, so I can't say for sure.

Alderaan is a very important planet even in that era, so the one who's handling it should be some important figure.

True, I was wrong to say he's not important. What I meant is that he's not that important to the story, unlike Gravus, he only appears at the end of the Alderaan quest line. What's more Biotic Tech doesn't suit him at all.

Too bad Severin got wasted, I really like him.

I whole heartedly agree with you, he was a favourite. Would have made an brilliant Expansion & Diplomacy councillor, and then we could have bumped of Ravage, I hate that guy! (I also think Malgus would have made a great Military Offense Councillor, don't you think its strange he wasn't on the Dark Council before?)

I whole heartedly agree with you, he was a favourite. Would have made an brilliant Expansion & Diplomacy councillor, and then we could have bumped of Ravage, I hate that guy! (I also think Malgus would have made a great Military Offense Councillor, don't you think its strange he wasn't on the Dark Council before?)

Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken in my lore here, I am not a Sith expert.

I think politics played a big part in why Malgus wasn't on the Dark Council (please correct me if I'm wrong and he actually was at one point). In the lore I've read, he went against the Council on more than one occasion. He was successful in what he did so it was overlooked in terms of punishment but it was something that wouldn't sit well with a lot of powerful Sith. He also was married to an alien, even if he did eventually kill her, and the Sith are racist enough to hold that against him.

So you have a very powerful and very skilled radical who had ignored your authority before and has widespread support among certain parts of the military. I think they took a look at that and assumed that the second he was on the Dark Council, it would be bloody coup d'etat time.

It might have been a smart move to put him on it though. Making him part of the system might have blunted his radical edge a bit and made him try to work within it, but I don't think the other Sith on the Council would be willing to take that risk.

This is a different situation though, as stand alones KOTOR 1 dark side works. KOTOR 2 dark side works (they even managed to make it fit with KOTOR 1 dark side) And the same for Force Unleashed. But if in a single game, there was to be a contradiction in storyline i.e LS BH kills Darth Tormen, Darth Tormen pops up on the Dark Council, the storyline would become fractured. While DS makes more sense you have to accomadate all players, especially role players. The only way of getting around this is having him appear as alive in EU works, or having him appear in the game, but not in the BH storyline. Both still don't fully solve the problem. The second one especially as I feel the storyline are to become more merged together.

While Tormen is a good candidate, there are too many obstacles to navigate. I would choose someone else if I were them. But I'm not, so I can't say for sure.

They can use the Lord Draahg method, our Sith Inquisitor/Warrior also came back from near death and the enemy thought we were dead. It's not a big deal and the Empire already lost many cool Sith.

Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken in my lore here, I am not a Sith expert.

I think politics played a big part in why Malgus wasn't on the Dark Council (please correct me if I'm wrong and he actually was at one point). In the lore I've read, he went against the Council on more than one occasion. He was successful in what he did so it was overlooked in terms of punishment but it was something that wouldn't sit well with a lot of powerful Sith. He also was married to an alien, even if he did eventually kill her, and the Sith are racist enough to hold that against him.

So you have a very powerful and very skilled radical who had ignored your authority before and has widespread support among certain parts of the military. I think they took a look at that and assumed that the second he was on the Dark Council, it would be bloody coup d'etat time.

It might have been a smart move to put him on it though. Making him part of the system might have blunted his radical edge a bit and made him try to work within it, but I don't think the other Sith on the Council would be willing to take that risk.

Your knowledge is perfectly sound here. I agree, Malgus was a radical and while I'm not actually sure, I expect he went against the grain more than once. What I know for certain though is that he was disgusted by the political backstabbing and manipulation occurring in Sith politics, and was fairly disinterested in it - more of a front line warrior.

Despite this, I'm still surprised he wasn't placed on the Council. I don't think he would have passed up a seat on the Dark Council if he was offered it, if he really was committed to cleansing the Empire he would have seized such an opportunity to reform the Empire from within. What's more his views and Darth Marr's were almost identical, he'd definitely have ally there. And seeing as Marr is the de facto leader of the Council, I don't see why Marr didn't have him appointed...

They can use the Lord Draahg method, our Sith Inquisitor/Warrior also came back from near death and the enemy thought we were dead. It's not a big deal and the Empire already lost many cool Sith.

Bringing him back to life isn't the problem, Star Wars have pulled that off more times than I can count. It's making it fit that is difficult. If BioWare were to do what you suggest, it would create two parallel stories: one were Tormen dies and is brought back to life, and one were Tormen lives. (It would also make Tormen and enemy of the BH - and judging by his character he would go out of his way to kill you)

Your knowledge is perfectly sound here. I agree, Malgus was a radical and while I'm not actually sure, I expect he went against the grain more than once. What I know for certain though is that he was disgusted by the political backstabbing and manipulation occurring in Sith politics, and was fairly disinterested in it - more of a front line warrior.

Despite this, I'm still surprised he wasn't placed on the Council. I don't think he would have passed up a seat on the Dark Council if he was offered it, if he really was committed to cleansing the Empire he would have seized such an opportunity to reform the Empire from within. What's more his views and Darth Marr's were almost identical, he'd definitely have ally there. And seeing as Marr is the de facto leader of the Council, I don't see why Marr didn't have him appointed...

All right! Not completely wrong! :mon_biggrin:

That is interesting, what you said about Darth Marr. It might have been that Marr didn't know Malgus' intentions as a reformer; I'd imagine he hid them well. It might also have been that both Darth Marr and Darth Malgus wanted to the "the one" to change the Sith Empire, not "one of the ones," if that makes sense. There's a pretty strong only one person at the top thing with the Sith, even if they're run by a council while the Emperor's on the can (or whatever he's doing).

Not to break from lore, but I suspect is the main reason is that the writers and developers didn't want Darth Malgus on the Council for the whole False Emperor thing or other storylines. So even if it made sense, they wanted to keep him as an inside-outsider.

It's not I like him, but Jun Seros and the chancellor are far worse to you. They framed those crimes to you and launched those cruel operations. You had your chance to avenge yourself because of Darth Tormen's help.

Remember those BH who got killed by the Jedi? And your companion got kidnapped because of those framed crimes.

the jedi killed the other hunt champs. The chancellor, like most politicians, did not look into the matter and just did as the jedi said. Plus, keeping the Chancellor alive, showing the reublic that you're not completely in the empire's pockets, means i can play both sides and, hopefully, acquire bigger credit opportunities.

Murdering others is a disservice to your fallen comrades. Jun Seros was the responsible figure, the Chancellor was just an inept chancellor.

Edited by BlazingShadow

the jedi killed the other hunt champs. The chancellor, like most politicians, did not look into the matter and just did as the jedi said. Plus, keeping the Chancellor alive, showing the reublic that you're not completely in the empire's pockets, means i can play both sides and, hopefully, acquire bigger credit opportunities.

Murdering others is a disservice to your fallen comrades. Jun Seros was the responsible figure, the Chancellor was just an inept chancellor.

No, as the chancellor it's his responsibility to verify the fact before he declare it publicly, like he said he deceived public and was going to be removed.

You are still the republic's enemy and what's good for you? The Jedi would not forgive you after you killed 3 masters, the new chancellor would not like you either.

Edited by Slowpokeking