Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

For the record, I dont have a problem with the following game content or features:

Same sex companion/master relationships.

Skimpy costume wearing club dancers or even club dancer costumes as long as those costumes look like star wars costumes from the star wars canon.

I do have a problem with sleazy elements from pop culture being injected into SWTOR including big hair, jog bras, tube tops, string bikinis etc. I am not interested in playing some cheezy, teasing adult MMO. Those elements just demean a great game and canon. I want EA/BW to show some respect for the game.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.

For the record, I am not alone in these sentiments. I lead a multi-gaming community with over 2,000 members in WoW, Guild Wars 2, PlanetSide 2 and SWTOR. The leaders and officers of our guilds are in broad agreement with me on this. We have a lot of couples and families in our organization. Our organization is a family-friendly organization and we will not support any game that is not family-friendly.

Edited by Samaul

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Leia on Jabba's Sailbarge?

Some of the outfits ingame are a bit skimpy and not very practical I'll admit, but if your gf is complaining about half naked SWTOR characters then I would suggest you have bigger problems...

I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.

You could have just stopped after that sentence.

The truth is they're not going to remove that "sleaze" from the game. Too many people have spent too much time and money on it. To remove it now would anger a lot more people than keeping it in.

Sorry, my friend, but it looks like you're going to have to quit. Or possibly get a new girlfriend who isn't threatened by virtual body parts.

Good luck!

Yes, burqas and hijabs all round, I say! That'll learn the damn hussies!

My young nephew saw Natalie Portman's belly button when he was five, and is now in a young offenders' centre. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Natalie Portman. Corrupting our youth one belly button at a time.

Your girlfriend is broken. Take her back and get a new one. Whilst you're there you might want to get a manhood MOT too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and i'm stripping you of 100 manpoints too. I'm going to go on ahead and assume that's you firmly into negative figures at this point.

Edited by theonetruebleed

I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it. This may sound a bit coarse but I did not bring the coarseness into this game, you did BioWare. If I wanted to see that crap in an mmo, I would play an adult mmo where you could have your every sick, twisted fantasy fulfilled. I lead a family friendly guild. There is nothing family friendly about sleaze wars.

To make matters worse, I play on an RP server. I am a rolepolayer, I lead an rp guild. You are turning the game into a joke with this Sleaze wars crap. Half-naked club dancers I can understand but jog-bras on jedi and sith? Seriously? Please remove this crap from the game or at the very least RP servers. I am a star wars fanatic but I am no prude. I have read all of the novels and graphic novels on ToR. There is nothing canon about Breasts butts, big hair, string bikinis and lightsabres.

You are going to lose a lot of good paying customers over this BioWare, me and my guild for starters. Enough of this crap, do something about this BW. We have a profanity filter, how about a sleaze filter? Make it client only, allow us to freaking turn it off or something. And please, please remove sleaze-wars from RP servers.

/prune juice.

I know what you are getting at OP but I can't see it coming, most people are like "meh whatever", most npcs don't have such garments (except dancers/slaves but that is within the cannon), and that is probably most of what you are getting. You threaten to leave the game, I get that some people like you will or already have, but from the business point of view you are a minority, on the other hand think of all the adolescent boys who gets all aroused by being able to dress their female companions in a slave girl outfit and flirt with them. As for your RP guild, if it is RP than the problem is with the players not devs, BW only gives people tools but if and how they use them is up to players.

As for me, I personally have nothing against it, if someone likes to see naked pixels, let them, I usually go with "cool" looks.

Well, George Lucas introduced the Sleaze in Return of the Jedi, most of the Comics had someone in shall we say sexy clothing, and the prequels had several instances of it too. So I'm afraid there is plenty of canon for it.

That said, there are several cutscenes that are far too adult for a teen rated game, and I'm not talking about the romance options, which are actually extremely prudish in were they cut off.

This thread will get locked or deleted in 3… 2…

anyway, it bears repeating that if I'm gonna look at a butt for hours, it might at least be one that's aesthetically pleasing. Thank you.

Nah, the mods are few in numbers during this period... the inmates run the asylum for now. :p

As for me, I personally have nothing against it, if someone likes to see naked pixels, let them, I usually go with "cool" looks.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on it.

I think the "skimpiest" outfits any of my companions (and characters) have are:

Rish wears the relaxed jumpsuit upper half, with the red scalene set making up the lower half (kinda looks like she just decided the chest armor was too bulky and ditched it :o ).

And Temple wears the unfettered trenchcoat in combination with the Calo Nord's set.

I don't think the OP is entirely off-base. I am irritated that half of the clothe that look very respectable on my male characters look ridiculous on my female ones.

None of my female characters are the clubbing type ;).

- Arcada

To a certain point I'm in agreement. However what I do find is that the "sexy avatars" work as a good indication of who to avoid in the game.

When I see a stupid guild name, I can avoid the majority of people in it. As a rule stupid guild names have half a dozen people in, easy to avoid.

When I see stupid names then go on ignore. Really don't want to play the same game as these people, so they are on ignore, we don't group, I won't get them in a FP or Ops group.

With the exception of a tiny percentage the "sexy avatar" people are also a good indication of people to avoid. It's not just a realism thing, it's just so stupid seeing some of these characters dressed in this way. I've said in the past that the developers are appealing to a 16-28yr old ***** demographic - if those are the people who are spending the most cash then I can understand why.

Just avoid them - it's what I do.

To a certain point I'm in agreement. However what I do find is that the "sexy avatars" work as a good indication of who to avoid in the game.

When I see a stupid guild name, I can avoid the majority of people in it. As a rule stupid guild names have half a dozen people in, easy to avoid.

When I see stupid names then go on ignore. Really don't want to play the same game as these people, so they are on ignore, we don't group, I won't get them in a FP or Ops group.

With the exception of a tiny percentage the "sexy avatar" people are also a good indication of people to avoid. It's not just a realism thing, it's just so stupid seeing some of these characters dressed in this way. I've said in the past that the developers are appealing to a 16-28yr old ***** demographic - if those are the people who are spending the most cash then I can understand why.

Just avoid them - it's what I do.

Pretty much this, just ignore them, they're just attention seekers.

I signed up to play Star Wars, not Sleaze Wars. You are appealing to the wrong customer base with the nearly-naked Sleaze avatars BioWare. You are going to lose a lot of good customers who dont want to see it. I know my girlfriend doesn't want me to see it.

I agree with you, but Bioware can't control how freaks dress. They give players what they ask for, some players dress like weirdos...it's how every game works. Don't blame Bioware for weird people...

I can see where the OP is coming from to some extent as it just seems to be something that is unneeded. It's pretty common these days to have sexy artwork, particularly in a game that attracts a lot of nerds that actually enjoy looking at drawings as a sex object.

On the other hand, to be offended by said drawings is equally as absurd