Darth Bane vs Mace Windu

BrandonSM

We know for a fact that Windu defeated Sidious in the lightsaber duel, George Lucas states so himself he also states pretty much, that it didn't matter, Sidious was going to kill him either way with his, up to now, unmatched prowess with the force, it wasn't till Anakin made his entrance did he start feigning utter defeat.

Rayla, I guess I am underrating Kun's prowess. I guess he would be a match for Luke, but I still think he'd lose.

We know for a fact that Windu defeated Sidious in the lightsaber duel, George Lucas states so himself he also states pretty much, that it didn't matter, Sidious was going to kill him either way with his, up to now, unmatched prowess with the force, it wasn't till Anakin made his entrance did he start feigning utter defeat.

Agreed. And in the novelization, Windu was seconds before being disarmed by Sidious's lightning.

• 3 weeks later...

Bane was the one to think up the Rule of two. Deceive the brotherhood of evil to create the thought bomb and destroy all the Sith and lots of Jedi.

As far as devious, Bane wins. Got everyone to believe the Sith were extinct, brought them to power as his plan for conquest was set in motion 1000 years before Sidious.

As far as force mind powers, not even his apprentice an adept at mind powers could stop Bane.

Sidious weakest Dark lord of the Sith. Killed his master in his sleep.

The Shatterpoint is something to think about. Could Windu have found a Shatterpoint in Bane's armor?

The right application of force on Bane's armor could have forced the creatures to release their death toxin, outright killing Bane. Maybe Mace wouldn't have to overpower him, in that case.

Bane was the one to think up the Rule of two. Deceive the brotherhood of evil to create the thought bomb and destroy all the Sith and lots of Jedi.

As far as devious, Bane wins. Got everyone to believe the Sith were extinct, brought them to power as his plan for conquest was set in motion 1000 years before Sidious.

As far as force mind powers, not even his apprentice an adept at mind powers could stop Bane.

Sidious weakest Dark lord of the Sith. Killed his master in his sleep.

If you even read the Seires you would know by the logic of the Rule of Two Sidious win's automatically.

Anyway, Sidious is the most powerful Siht Lord. Bane was very powerful, don't get me wrong. But Sidious was immortal, and could create Force Storms that could make planets a living Dark Side Ball.

So don't argue about Sidious vs Bane. Its Bane vs Windu.

Windu wins in lightsaber combat, thats an absoloute. A force battle on the other hand, if Windu finds a shatterpoint in Bane's armor he could use it against him.

Actually the armor itself was the greatest advantage and weakness for Bane. If he went into too much rage it would nearly kill from the raw Dark Side Power. Maybe WIndu would... piss him off enough.

Darth Bane hands down. He was the Sithari, "The One", even after he got rid of his "armor". He later learned how to swap souls with anyone.

Darth Zanah (sp?) did not defeat Bane, he transferred his essence into her body. She was young and healthy, but not worthy of taking his place as master.

You are wrong. Zannah officially defeated Bane.

http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?page_id=162

Mace Windu would probably beat Darth Bane if we take into consideration the rule of two.

Edited by Lifeshield

Here's the one thing I don't get. The Rule of Two (if it was never accidentally subverted i.e. killing your master in his sleep rather than overpowering him) obviously means each new Sith Lord was even more powerful than the last. Darth Bane was probably the most talented force user of his generation, meaning that Darth Sidious would be exponentially more powerful than anyone from that era of the Old Republic.

However, surely this doesn't apply to Mace Windu. While Mace Windu was undoubtedly a highly skilled lightsaber duelist, surely there would be no-one in the Jedi order even remotely capable of defeating Darth Sidious as they weren't worried about becoming more powerful following the Ruusan Reformation as they thought the Sith were defeated. If anything, as their most worthy adversary had been defeated and the Republic entered a period of relative peace for 1000 years, their skills probably would have atrophied somewhat.

Therefore, logically, there should be little chance Mace Windu could ever have beaten Darth Sidious. Perhaps a fight between him and Darth Bane would be closer, though I'd give the edge to Darth Bane, if only because Darth Bane had lots of experience fighting Jedi and because I don't think Jedi of the Clone Wars era would have been as powerful as their counterparts 1000 years ago.

Darth Bane was probably the most talented force user of his generation.

Being fresh from the book Dynasty of Evil (I still have it on my desk actually waiting to be returned to the library), Bane considered Zannah to be stronger than him at using the force. She did also defeat him with her force powers. Her mind was stronger than his too which was why he failed to take over her body.

Generally Bane was considered stronger at dueling, even in his weakened state, while she was considered stronger with force powers, even by Bane himself.

Unless you consider Zannah to be the next generation, then I'll agree with you.

Overall though you're still right in regards to Sidious.

However what we also have to consider is whether the Jedi order gets stronger in comparison to the Sith. They don't have such a rule as the rule of two.

Also while the rule of two is in place to keep the Sith strong it's not always the case that the next Sith may beat the previous Sith at their strongest. Zannah certainly didn't beat Bane at his strongest, his body was greatly diminished because of the Obelisks, and arguably probably wouldn't have in a lightsabre duel. She could only just match him even as he was weakened.

Another point to take into consideration I guess.

Edited by Lifeshield