[Feedback] Group Finder

thebadmf

Why must you re-invent the wheel with this? Just use the same system as the other mmos and profit. The more time you waste coming up with solutions when the answer is staring you in the face the more people are going to get frustrated and leave thanks to the sub-par group finder experience.

Because MANY people do NOT want the same system as other MMOs. The closest I can think of that might work is Rift's system, but even it still needs to be perfected and worked out and changed to work with TOR's system.

As long as it's NOT in player hands to decide, I'm fine with it.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why can't I select which flashpoint I want to queue for? Most are greyed out.

I have the quest to go do Athiss. I'm lvl 23 almost 24. the only FPs it lets me select are Hammer station and Mandalorian raiders.

Until they fix the bug you cannot have the flashpoint mission in your logs. Drop the mission for Athiss and then you will be able to queue for it.

Because MANY people do NOT want the same system as other MMOs. The closest I can think of that might work is Rift's system, but even it still needs to be perfected and worked out and changed to work with TOR's system.

As long as it's NOT in player hands to decide, I'm fine with it.

Some forum goers interests =/= interests of the general masses

The fact that millions more people are content to play a game that has it is evidence enough that they're happy with the way it works. Again it's just BioWare wasting time and resources on pointless solutions.

Edited by Nyoro

There is a Fleet Shuttle on every planet, easy to get to. People are just too used to using the Fleet Pass Skill, also BW really needs to mark the Fleet Shuttles on all maps (including Quick Travel Maps), then no one would even get the idea to abuse the Group Finder for it. (unless you have the goal to get on as many ignore lists as possible)

A very good idea, I wasn't even aware of the fleet shuttles until i got to around level 40. A nice big shiny icon indicating the shuttle would be great.

Some forum goers interests =/= interests of the general masses

The fact that millions more people are content to play a game that has it is evidence enough that they're happy with the way it works. Again it's just BioWare wasting time and resources on pointless solutions.

This quoted post is just a forum-goer's interest. ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I cannot believe the Group finder doesn't cover Heroics. This means will will still seeing people over and over on each world LFM.

This really needs to be added. Its need just as bad as flashpoints. :confused:

Err... it did three days ago, did they remove it? :confused:

This quoted post is just a forum-goer's interest. ;)

An interest that is backed up by evidence from millions of other players.:rolleyes:

Not all opinions are created equal, some hold more weight than others.

It's one person's opinion until you can back it up with fact. ;)

Anyhoo, BioWare has the numbers.

Fact 10million+ people play WoW, it has gearscore.

Fact: 1million+ people play SWTOR, it doesn't have gearscore.

Obviously GS isn't the only reason they play WoW but it's one of the contributing factors, if BioWare want this game to do well then they should learn from the experts, rather than repeating history.

Anyway this is getting really off topic now, so yeah, how about that groupfinder...

Obviously GS isn't the only reason they play WoW but it's one of the contributing factors, if BioWare want this game to do well then they should learn from the experts, rather than repeating history.

Anyway this is getting really off topic now, so yeah, how about that groupfinder...

999,999, then. Because, as a WoW player, I can't STAND GS. However, Rift's setup works really well. Basically the same thing only players can't abuse it. ;)

Erm, Wow had 12 million before Gear scoring became popular, and had decreased after it's implementation

I noticed they added a new lockout timer to the Group Finder queue. I queued up on default settings at level 50 Full Rakata geared and got placed into a Lost Island Story Mode with a Shadow tank at 23k hp, a Scoundrel DPS at 15k hp, and a Scoundrel Healer at 15k hp (mostly Champion/Recruit gear) and the 3 of them drove head on into a trash mob and the tank dropped waaay faster than the healer could keep up. Needless to say after seeing them all drive in without discussion or awareness of gear requirements before accepting the queue I was left with the option of quitting the group rather than trying to kick 2 of the 4 players. After this decision I was given the penalty of a lengthy lockout timer that prevents me from testing the Group Finder for that time frame. Fix this pls.

999,999, then. Because, as a WoW player, I can't STAND GS. However, Rift's setup works really well. Basically the same thing only players can't abuse it. ;)

I'm not too familiar with Rift's system, but the main point is that this game needs a reliable system to separate fresh 50's from instances that they won't be able to complete so that the other players don't get frustrated. If Rift's system works as well or better than WoW's then I'm all for them implementing it. I just don't want 1.3 to go live with this oversight because players will get very frustrated.

Erm, Wow had 12 million before Gear scoring became popular, and had decreased after it's implementation

By that logic patch 1.2 has made the game worse because the subscription numbers have dropped 400k+

We're talking about the current number of players, not the all time peak. WoW in its current form has 10mil+, SWTOR has 1mil+

Edited by Nyoro

I'm not too familiar with Rift's system, but the main point is that this game needs a reliable system to separate fresh 50's from instances that they won't be able to complete so that the other players don't get frustrated. If Rift's system works as well or better then WoW's then I'm all for them implementing it. I just don't want 1.3 to go live with this oversight because players will get very frustrated.

Eh, it would be nice, but it's really not a game-breaker if it doesn't.

But, yes, BioWare, since you've plainly stated the gear progression model in one of your Community Q&As, probably should put in a mechanism to guide players along that progression, and although you did plainly state it, I still wouldn't depend on players actually understanding that.

;)

Oh, and do it like Rift, so it's not in the players' hands to abuse. Thanks!

In new PTS build, it's still possible to get stuck and unable to requeue. Short story of flashpoint:

Got full group.

1 dps left before start, quickly replaced from queue.

Healer DCed, efter few minutes got kicked and we tired to reque, got illegal group composition error(one Gunslinger, only dps possible, one vanguard with only tank selected, one vanguard with only dps slected)

Changed owner, couldn't even open group finder due to 'active phase'

Vanguard dps left

Could queue again, for a split second it displayed valid group composition, then back to invalid.

We gave up.

somehow this thread disappeared from the first 3x pages of the Test Server and it contains a lot of useful information for others / and a lot of what people are reporting.

Most noteworthy is the feed back from AntoniaPhillips with her views, limitations and goals for group finder

Also noteworthy is the Blog entry: A guide to group Finder

Edited by alrun
typo

Perhaps the thought is, once this goes live and everyone isn't trying to use the "Default Settings" so they can get the titles players will be more likely queuing only for the content they know they can complete.

Right now no one would dare remove certain FPs from their Tier One option because they fear that they won't get their titles, however on the live single server only Group Finder it would serve you best to only queue for the easiest of Tier One and Story Mode Flashpoints because if you get into a HM and the rest of the group sees you at 13k HP they will kick you, or tell you to drop anyway, and those same people are going to be able to express an opinion about what you did in the Fleet Station or on the Forums. It also means if you are the one player in Rakata gear constantly running ahead of the tank and attacking mobs to get people to hurry up, you will suffer the same fate.

iLevel in WoW is no longer the Gearscore add-on of the past, where people would stand at the bank in and tell you that you needed to be inspected before they would invite you in. iLevel is needed there because you are sharing a queue with people on multiple servers, in my case where the primary language of a couple of them isn't even English, so it becomes really hard to tell someone they are not geared enough for your current dungeon. However, even with an iLevel check it is easy to dupe the system. Players equip non-specc gear or PvP gear all the time to fool the game.

BioWare has said it themselves, that Group Finder is to facilitate getting groups, but it is single server only to keep intact the players need to "play nice", and part of playing nice is queuing for content you know you are capable of completing. Continuously queuing in green and blue level 40 mission reward gear is going to put you on so many players ignore lists that you are going to find it nearly impossible to get into that HM FP you think you are ready for.

Please give us a sound on the GFT queue pop-up

Already missed it twice now, as I am Just waiting for a FP and have little else to do. I just want to do the flashpoint and there is no notice for me, if I am not watching the static screen all the time. Warzones are easier to notice.

Also being able to move the window while you wait for the rest of the group to accept would be nice.

Edited by alrun

What is the current status of the GFT tool?

It feels like queues take a lot longer to pop since yesterday. I do think this is connected to the server transfers and people playing on their now populated Release servers.

On the PTS level 50's are pre-forming groups in the hopes that it will speed up match making for a GF group. With the end date set for tomorrow there is a lot of tension in general chat if people can meet the requirements.

Is the sample size of players too small?

Are the "wrong" kind of classes, specs queued?

Would it be possible to give us more time?

What could be done to reduce the wait time?

Did we succeed in breaking it?

Queued up for HM FP on the PTS for an hour. No queue popped. It is working for other people though, so I'm not sure whether it's a lack of players or a bug.

You should have the ability to see who is in the queue right now.

It seems to work fine on lower level characters, but seems to be having issues with putting groups of 50 together. We had 2 tanks, 3 healers & multiple damage all join group finder at same time last night (communicating through general chat to see how many of which class we had & who was queuing for what) & nothing. I then went back over to my level 20 damage: Instant group.