Please fix the animations on Vicious Slash and Force Scream

KettleBelll

These abilities hitch.

I started playing a Powertech. They don't have a single ability that hitches.

I'm tired of losing a GCD because of an animation hang-up

the changes of Project, Overload, and Force Sweep were good. Please have the same people redo the animations for these two abilities.

Please fix the animations of Vicious Slash and Force Scream

These abilities hitch.

I started playing a Powertech. They don't have a single ability that hitches.

I'm tired of losing a GCD because of an animation hang-up

the changes of Project, Overload, and Force Sweep were good. Please have the same people redo the animations for these two abilities.

Please fix the animations of Vicious Slash and Force Scream

What in thee hell are you talking about.

Jugs have the best animations in game.

Do the jug community a favor by staying on yer powertech.

Sweep executes too fast now... It's retarded how you can pop CD's leap and smash someone before they can respond. Before you could at least try to dodge it but now it's just BAM.

Your reply blows my mind....

I know you consider yourself a talented player. Do you miss the animations of Force Scream and Vicious Slash start to go the first half of the animation, and then just stop? Those abilities hitch, and it's the exact same as being hit with a short stun.

I can totally understand why/how the 1st guy that replied misses this, because he doesn't have any attention to detail, but wow Xerian, I expect much more from you than trying to derail this thread into something else.

The animations of Force Scream and Vicious Slash hitch, or in other words, they start to go through the animation, but only go through 1/2 the animation, and then reset.

It's a bug/error with the animation. I would have fully expected a rank 100 marauder to have noticed this, and be on board for trying to get this to the attention of the developers.

Edited by KettleBelll

Every single operative attack does this too. It's annoying as balls.

Yeah, I know that the two attacks I listed aren't the only ones that hitch, but I fully support Bioware taking a little time out and fixing the animations that do.

I'm just trying to help tell them two abilities that I know hitch for sure. If I knew witch Operative attacks hitched, I'd add them in here as well.

Your reply blows my mind....

I know you consider yourself a talented player. Do you miss the animations of Force Scream and Vicious Slash start to go the first half of the animation, and then just stop? Those abilities hitch, and it's the exact same as being hit with a short stun.

I can totally understand why/how the 1st guy that replied misses this, because he doesn't have any attention to detail, but wow Xerian, I expect much more from you than trying to derail this thread into something else.

The animations of Force Scream and Vicious Slash hitch, or in other words, they start to go through the animation, but only go through 1/2 the animation, and then reset.

It's a bug/error with the animation. I would have fully expected a rank 100 marauder to have noticed this, and be on board for trying to get this to the attention of the developers.

To be fair, and to use your words, the only "hitch" was the old smash animation. Word on the street was that it could occasionally occur when rapidly spamming keybound icons. So in other words...

Do you button mash much? Hilarious.

My jug is smooth as silk. I think that you are wasting yer time.

To be fair, and to use your words, the only "hitch" was the old smash animation. Word on the street was that it could occasionally occur when rapidly spamming keybound icons. So in other words...

Do you button mash much? Hilarious.

My jug is smooth as silk. I think that you are wasting yer time.

If you are mouseclicking your abilities, this may not actually be an issue.

I know that I have my abilites keybound, and I do indeed get hitching on those two abilities.

Edited by KettleBelll

Do a Force Charge, Smash, Force Scream combo, you can't miss the animation skipping about and delaying by 1.5s your next attack or even character movement after you go through that three step combo. This is especially true depending on your ability queue settings and if you use macro-capable mice/keyboards.

The animations cut off too early, and it causes a delay in the next ability in the queue or response to movement from WASD.

Look closely at the ending of Force Scream in particular, after the ability executes, the animation is supposed to show you straightening out and raising your lightsaber. This does not always occur, and sometimes freezes/skips at the part where you are straightening out, leaving your lightsaber banished and you unable to move/execute the next command until the "hiccup" is over.

I love the juggernaut animations. I don't want to see them change at all. Force scream is actually one of my favorites in the whole game.

Edit, ok, I see the problem is with a skip or a combo, so I'll look. It's not something I ever noticed and I've been playing a jugg since beta--or maybe I didn't care and dismissed it, dunno. In any case, I'll look and see if I can see the problem. Off the top of my head, though, I'd say that since the use of macros is dubious at best, problems that mainly show up there aren't really problems.

Edited by errant_knight