Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP

Death_By_Smiley

I'd like to get a dev response on whether this is a bug.

I saw this last night in a DF NiM 8 man run, we had issues beating DPS checks between phases, which was very surprising to me without the NiM Power buff.

I looked back, and we were previously told health and damage would be at hard mode values, and NiM mechanics would remain. So I'm wondering if the stance changed or if this is a bug that will be patched eventually.

I'd also like to mention that with reduced fire damage on Grobthok, the adds don't die as quickly, requiring even more DPS to down them quickly.

This along with the HP not changing, makes it an increased DPS check.

Thanks for looking into it.

Our guild had full cleared prior to NiM Buff being removed, so we had an edge going into tuesday.

When we entered we sort of assumed that the boss HP and add HP remaining the same was intended, went in and full cleared in 1 hr 4 min on Tuesday before trying out DP NiM

With the serious lack of dmg from everything compared to NiM it made a big diff in the phase transitions and amount of healer dps able to be applied.

If it was a bug and they are really setting the Health of Bosses and Adds back down to HM levels its gonna be roflstomp

Edited by Malinok

Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait

Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait

Kudos to the development team on this. No reason to make Nightmare a complete joke.

A side effect to this is that the damage from the mining laser on Grob'thok is significantly reduced but the hit points of the Ugnaughts are not reduced. Without the extra damage from the increased mining laser to drop the ugnaughts faster the encounter seems strangely out of balance.

Yep I'm calling BS, sorry. Zero's melee gold-star has roughly 56k HP, while the ranged one has around 120k iirc. Pretty sure they were both at 120k ish before. Sounds like BW just half-a**'d it and pretends it's intended.

So this turned out to be a silly nerf and probably not what we were initially told it would be. NIM bosses have rarely been a heal check and DF was no different for at least the first four bosses. DPS was the challenge. So nerfing the damage output doesn't really do anything other than let heals help with damage.

IF you had to do anything for the sake of making that title mean something, dropping the boss HP and leaving the damage output would have been better.

What you have now is a strange NIM instance that just feels out of balance for tanks and heals but still a race for DPS.

So let me recap.

• DPS. No real change. Still need NiM level performance, but screwing up a mechanic may not be as deadly (for some mechanics).
  • Tank. Bit less squishy, but still need to work for threat since DPS is working hard. Same mechanics, which on bosses like Grob'thok mean something.
  • Healers. Phone it in. DPS a bunch of the fight to cover the boredom, or fire up a movie and eat a TV dinner.

...What?

I am not here to provide content for other people's enjoyment. I am here to partake in that content, equally. If there's going to be a NiM nerf, it needs to apply to everyone. A harder HM that we can roll through for the gear and get into the actual NiM content (Palace). Or, what I would much prefer, no nerf! Remove the title, sure, but change nothing else. Gear and level will eventually provide the accessibility to the content.

This feels like a huge FU to healers (and a small one to tanks). Please find a way to not make it feel that way.

Edited by shadowflit

Yep I'm calling BS, sorry. Zero's melee gold-star has roughly 56k HP, while the ranged one has around 120k iirc. Pretty sure they were both at 120k ish before. Sounds like BW just half-a**'d it and pretends it's intended.

This. They can't even lie without screwing it up.

agree with the posts about this being the wrong way to go about it from a difficulty and mechanic p.o.v. Would have been much better and made more sense to leave the damage the same and reduce the hp. Surviving was never a problem, it was the time in which my guild had to kill the waves. Reducing the damage output alone has proved to make absolutely zero difference in the progress my guild has been able to make since the change was implemented.

I don't want NiM to be a cakewalk, but this change literally makes no sense and to a certain extent no difference. More importantly I think you guys just screwed up and are doing a half assed job.

And Tait you wonder why this game is losing serious players in huge numbers for quality games like Wildstar. Sorry to say a game I actually love is really sinking and it's the lack of developer skill and support staff that has put the coffin into the dirt :(.

I was really never on-board with the nightmare power thing in the first place. Take away the title, sure, but keep the difficulty the same. It got better, Grob'Thok excluded. I wish it was the same, but Grob'Thok got worse.

Either way, don't try to pass off your failure as 'intended'.

Your 'pretty sure' is wrong. The 56k has always been that way:

Nightmare Corruptor Zero Guide

D:15 Corruption Droid x1 (Melee Mode)

Health: 175,562

D:13 Corruption Droid x1 (Range Mode)

Health: 56,521

It's cool to be upset and want to be angry, but don't start assuming things without any grounds to support it. Do you have any evidence to show that the D:15 is at 120k HP? Screenshot or something. Naturally all of this I'm refering to is 8m, disregard if you're talking 16m.

Edited by Stippling

This. They can't even lie without screwing it up.

LOLOLOL - oh, the conspiracy theories...

Here's

. At the 10 second mark you will see me target the D-13 Corruption Droid (with the Nightmare Power buff on him) and his whopping 56K HP.

Perhaps you should both pay closer attention to your nightmare pulls. You've never noticed that the D-13 droids died faster than the D-15 droids? It's a pretty big difference.

Anyway, congratulations on the tinfoil hats. They look great.

Edited by Levram

The nerf to NiM DF was far too harsh, to the point where some of the encounters feel harder in HM than NiM. Please ask the dev team to consider rescaling the damage output of some of these fights. NiM Nefra, for example, is a total snorefest for everyone, especially tanks. TFB and SNV NiM have stood the test of time and are still tricky to do, but you guys have been extremely lazy with NiM DF and it feels easier now than TFB and SNV are.

WTB Harder NiM Dread Fortress please.

Edited by HyperAxiom

For those complaining it is too easy, you guys do realize progression has shifted to DP NiM , yes? You guys are a small percentage in a game where real progress is done in a handful of teams only. DF NiM posed a challenge for the 7-8 weeks when the window to get it done was available. This was the reason why most got stuck at draxus, a few got to Grobthok, and even less managed to get from one bubble to another at Brontes, especially in 8M.

I will give you an example, TOFN has one imperial guild, Black Forge who killed it first on the server in 8M, Rebel Dream my guild who killed it first on the republic side, 8M, NGE who killed it in 8M shortly after, and NGE again who killed it server first in 16M in week 5 or week 6. Cannot remember exactly but there are three guilds with Conquerors of the Dread Fortress on TOFN. Those who are guildless and have the mount / title they ran with these guilds to get it.

Bottom line: if you had brontes on farm with the NiM buff, you can manage the adds at Grobthok even if the fire does not reduce their HP drastically. You do not need any more help from BW in this instance. Taking 50% less damage from all bosses, healing through missed interrupts at draxus brings it in line with HM with the exception of better teamplay and proper damage requirement. It still is NiM content at the end of the day. People wipe in denova nim even today :D. Stop asking to be carried :D.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

/sarcasm/

Oh, If I understood well, increasing the health of the Guardians of GateCommander Draxus encounter by 120K each was intended? :eek:

/end_sarcasm/

Yeah, the 50% HP increase to guardians as well as the waves having 5 seconds less each makes Draxus a bigger DPS check, even though the heals check is a joke, and most of the time you dont even have to bother interrupting affliction because its damage is so pathetic.

2.8 made Draxus worse for a DPS check while making its healing requirements much easier. I guess the DPS requirements were increased because healers are gonna spend a lot of time DPSing, but I dont think a 50% hp increase and a 9% decrease in time to kill the adds is made up for by having 1 of the healers DPSing.