Best West Coast US PvP Server: Swiftsure

Beilin

I ran the statistics and Swiftsure is not only in the top 3 PvP servers for the US West.

-Lots of guilds that can run 24 man raids but not many that have more than 80 pre-registered

-Good Play time for the US West time zone

-Oceanic has thrown thier hat into this server as well so it gives constant PvP 24hours a day

-You dont have to play with the some of the guilds that have a less than stellar rep.

All in all after running the figures This looks like the best choice. So come join the fun ;)

...And all of your numbers are moot because of oceanic moving to this server. GL with the imbalance. As I understand it, there is going to be a whole lot of that going around because of the server shuffling guilds are doing. Don't believe the numbers, so many guilds are server shifting that nothing listed on this site is correct as of day 1.

I would agree with some of these statements - our alliance was cut roughly in half (1500 or so), and those guilds are rolling on SS (Swiftsure) manually and remaking guild there.

The impact of AUS players is minimal, as they have vastly different peak times - but good for people like me (in Japan) so the server isnt dead when I am on. Basically this means the server will be jumpin at all times.

Sure, it can mean it will be high population, but this also means that it's far less likely SS will be cut/merged when popularity wanes and servers start to become redundant.

On the flip side, some of the guilds currently assigned to SS are in fact rerolling on their own alliance primary servers (not SS), so it'll prolly balance out some.

Still, as the numbers show now, guild wise its 1.8 sith for every 1 republic.

SS and Harbinger are both HEAVY to FULL every time I have checked since day 1 wave 4.

I have been told that the display for this is bogus however, as others who check at the same time (who are on our Mumble server) show differently.

For Republic, I do know that the population dips substantially around 11pm-1am PST. Even with the other oceanic people getting on it's still noticably less crouded. I do not know about sith side.

our guild just announced it is relocating from sith on the fatman, to republic on the swiftsure, we're trying to make swiftsure the go-to balanced pvp server.

i work night shift too so having the aussies there will be great, i won't be alone when i play during the day!

there may be queues initially, but all the good servers always have queues for the first few weeks, after the initial free month the queues go away too with all the drifters and mmo hoppers departing, leaving a healthy pop

Edited by Evuke

our guild just announced it is relocating from sith on the fatman, to republic on the swiftsure, we're trying to make swiftsure the go-to balanced pvp server.

i work night shift too so having the aussies there will be great, i won't be alone when i play during the day!

there may be queues initially, but all the good servers always have queues for the first few weeks, after the initial free month the queues go away too with all the drifters and mmo hoppers departing, leaving a healthy pop

Hit me up with a PM here, include your email address and guild info. I will send you the alliance info (ingame alliance channel, email listing, mumble servers etc etc). Welcome to SS :cool: Glad to have more reps, it's still a bit lopsided in terms of numbers now, but i'm sure it will balance out soon enough.

Edited by Miyuki

OP, this server already FULL with over 40 MIN QUEUES

Please stop advertising this server? Thanks.

Listen, queues are a part of mmo launches, many of us have been in launches before and know that the servers with the biggest queues at launch, are the ones with the healthiest pops 1 month+ after launch.

By all means if you don't like queues roll on a low pop server, just don't come on the forums crying for server mergers in a couple of months when you can't find anyone to group with or pvp against!

Listen, queues are a part of mmo launches, many of us have been in launches before and know that the servers with the biggest queues at launch, are the ones with the healthiest pops 1 month+ after launch.

By all means if you don't like queues roll on a low pop server, just don't come on the forums crying for server mergers in a couple of months when you can't find anyone to group with or pvp against!

I'm not crying. I'm simply telling the OP to stop advertising this server because it's already FULL with long queues. There are plenty of other healthy PVP servers to choose.

Why would you care about server mergers? If your server is already healthy, than the server mergers will not affect you.

Queues for a week or a dead server in a month or so. Warhammer proved which is worse.

Viva la Swiftsure!

A week? Retail hasnt even launched yet wait til the flood of ppl that didnt preorder come in after the 20th.

lol

Every game has subs that die off in a month. You will always have those groups of people that after a month decide that the game isn't for them.

Regardless of what the server says, the servers aren't full. The devs are trying to get people to spread across servers. How many people are you seeing in zones? The highest I've seen is 178 in Dromund, that is at a time with 3hr + queues.

For arguments sake let's say that every zone from 1 - 40 has 200 people on each side, including the space fleet. That would be about 2000 players on Swiftsure. I seriously doubt that devs built servers with an idea of less then 2000 players per.

The queues exist right now in an attempt to balance out the server populations. They will be gone within a week.

In warhammer I grabbed the server with the lowest queue and within 2 months I was rerolling to a more populated server. I'll take a hassle to my playtime now rather then redoing everything later.