OPs nerf again?

netskink

They lose some healing received.. just as merc/commandos do. (Both Merc/Commando and Ops/Scounds were able to get far more healing received bonus than other classes - i.e. they could double-dip). Edited by SinnedWill

Yep, one more reason to not be a healer in pvp. Make it so the dps can kill a healer in just a few hits while they can only heal themselves for half the damage being done to them. How can this truly be balanced?

My example...Put 2 stacks of Kolto probe, and recoup. nano. , could not get off injection because of the interrupts, then 3 hits from 2 guardians and dead. Or Get rooted by sniper, then 2 shots dead. How much more powerful is BW going to make the dps and how much more are they going to decrease healing? So what if I can constant heal myself against one person in pvp, it is rarely a situation where only one person attacks a healer and it usually is a barrage of interrupts stuns and hits. All of this in almost full augmented War Hero gear. I see healers disappearing from pvp now too. I think this should be buffed up and not reduced again. Is it that important that DPS'ers feel good about killing healers?

OPS healers were actually too good, even 1vs1 against dps classes.

That being said, I am talking about geared ops healers. Every healer, regardless of class, is pretty weak with out expertise, or low amounts of expertise, even when facing poorly geared dps classes.

The Trauma debuff is too strong of a debuff for undergeared healers; that is the issue.

Why nerf ops again? Every patch its a nerf. Why?

The animations for Laceration and Collateral Strike have been improved.

Survival Training/Survivors Scars now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3% per point).

You're joking, right?

OPS healers were actually too good, even 1vs1 against dps classes.

That being said, I am talking about geared ops healers. Every healer, regardless of class, is pretty weak with out expertise, or low amounts of expertise, even when facing poorly geared dps classes.

The Trauma debuff is too strong of a debuff for undergeared healers; that is the issue.

Not to argue.. but should a healer not be able to heal himself against one dps? As a healer you cant just stand and heal. You stun, interuppt, run, slow etc... The healer is not there to heal himself against a one-on-one match; their heals and defense have to be able to outpace it or it is not a viable class to play. With that said, lose the healers and the dps goes down. Want them medals? Nurture a healer rather than complain about them. Try doing 500k damage without a healer on the field. You cant. I have seen many healers respec because the survivability is low for a healer against any solid crew.

I imagine the op is talking about the relics and adrenals being nerfed...hurts the scound/ops burst damage...I haven't been able to make it home to play 1.3 yet but I have been dreading the effect it is gonna have on my class....even if its not a huge difference I think it would be the 4th or 5th "nerf" to the scound/op class to date....

Our self healing was pretty good. I dont like nerfs, but I surive so well I didnt have to worry about getting focused on and still do well. I dont think it was a massive advantage, but it was nice and now I'll just have to worry about positioning more.

I guess the times of padding my stats and letting a marauder whack on me all game while I spam surgical probes are over.

Read it again? Carefully this time?

Complaining over a minimal reduction to self healing when you can trait every 45 seconds, for 15 seconds to receive an increase to self healing by 30% in addition to absorbing damage,... I healed myself for 5.8k in a warzone yesterday.... on a 1.8 second induction, not factoring in uninterruptible hots ticking,.. So again. ... You're joking, right?

The sorcerer trying to get off his heal at the speed of a fat kid running a marathon is not laughing.

Complaining over a minimal reduction to self healing when you can trait every 45 seconds, for 15 seconds to receive an increase to self healing by 30% in addition to absorbing damage,... I healed myself for 5.8k in a warzone yesterday.... on a 1.8 second induction, not factoring in uninterruptible hots ticking,.. So again. ... You're joking, right?

The sorcerer trying to get off his heal at the speed of a fat kid running a marathon is not laughing.

If I blow all my CDs, in full BM with one piece of WH- full heal spec with all my +heal talents, with a 2.3 second DI- I can get a crit of 5.1k healing tops.

Just to put it in perspective. That said- I don't think ops needed a nerf, I think sorcs/mercs needed a buff- not to amount healed, but maybe another HoT or some sort of instant, and take .5 seconds off of DI OR, put back the 1 second reduction with force bending- the current 30% off cost is freaking useless.

It's 15% not 30%. It's 15 seconds if no one blow up that shield that absorb only about 1k damage.

This is a nerf against scoundrel/Ops. AGAIN. Like every patch.

I believe the OP was talking about concelmeant rather then healer.

Is 3% more or less than 9%? Also, LOL at anybody who takes Med Shield. I mean, seriously.

Not to argue.. but should a healer not be able to heal himself against one dps? As a healer you cant just stand and heal. You stun, interuppt, run, slow etc... The healer is not there to heal himself against a one-on-one match; their heals and defense have to be able to outpace it or it is not a viable class to play. With that said, lose the healers and the dps goes down. Want them medals? Nurture a healer rather than complain about them. Try doing 500k damage without a healer on the field. You cant. I have seen many healers respec because the survivability is low for a healer against any solid crew.

Missed my ponit.

Healers scale VERY well with gear. A full WH geared healer (especially ops) can heal through at least one, if not two dps. A poorly geared healer, can't even heal through one poorly geared dps.

Its not an issue nerfing ops healers, but rather an issue that healers in general suffer more than other class rolls due to being undergeared.

These OPS healer nerfs were targeted at those in BM/WH gear, not the ones in recruit/pve gear.

I'm just a MMO noob, but from my experience, or lack there of, I've noticed Ops seemed to be the best healers.

For example:

I was a powertech in a match where I put my guard buff on an Op and all he did was heal myself and himself the entire match. I was taking mobs of 3-4 players down. I understand most of the people we were playing against were probably more noobish than myself but still he was a level 34 getting over 300K healing. that is impressive.

I play my sorc at level 50 geared up and solely heal the entire match and can only get to that height. I've played against Ops healers many times one on one and still never have taken one down, even as my Powertech. It's like trying to capture Sasquatch.

Not at all. I play a dps operative and not a healing operative.