Open World PvP Comms?

Bethmora

So, I have seen people saying why do OWPvP we dont get anything for it. Why not receive comms for any OWPvP Kill? This can be done just like warzones with helping on kills and solo kills. These comms can be used for some really cool and rare items.

Also, there should be a running list up to say 1000 for the most kills, and this list should be for all to view.

Rank-Name-kills

1-butthead 2545

2-beavis 2448

3-killjoy 2434

and so on.

This now gives a reason to go out and do open world PvP. Id like to get something for the kills I do in OWPvP.

Just a thought

I agree with the need for rewarding comms for wpvp however I would prefer it to just be 1-2 normal warzone comms per kill. Even then there would need to be a check in place to ensure your not simply farming the same person over and over. If not you will have people taking turns killing each other. Have a timer of some sort before you can receive a comm from that person again.

I don't like the idea of a separate comm reward with different gear. This is still essentially pvp so the comms should be warzone comms. World pvp should not replace warzones it should add to it.

The simple fact that everyone wants "something" for OWPVP via some form of reward is one of the reasons its not in the game anymore right now.. Because people decide that it has to get done and completely forget why they were OWPVP'n in the first place.. Which leads to kill trading and other non sense.

However some systems do with such as The Galactic Civil War Points system in galaxies, this worked out well. There were multiple ways to accrue points. PvE and PvP alike.

Space PVP , Space PVE

Ground PVE , killing npcs(mobs) of opposite faction. Which gave you a different amount based on character level. Or destroying a Enemy Faction Base.

Ground PVP , killing player in enemy faction:

Players can earn points for fighting against other players of the opposite GCW faction. The restrictions are that the Character Level(CL) of the Player Character(PC) killed is within 70% or higher of the CL of the PC. The total amount of points earned is also determined by how much damage the PC did to the other PC, and the rank of the PCs.

Now the rewards given help to keep people from kill trading because ranking up in GCW gives you new abilities that make you more powerful in pvp. So in essence if you are going to kill trade and not actually pvp why bother. The other key to maintaining the PVP is the rank decay.. If you don't achieve a certain amount of points you will drop down in rank until you hit a certain bottom out cap.

I'd be fine with a separate comms type for open world PVP.

I'm extremely unhappy with the debacle that is passing as open world PVP, took a premade into it yesterday and the carnage was just horrible. As expected, I suppose. I'd like to see maybe large scale objectives that require team work that would also contribute to comms.

So, I have seen people saying why do OWPvP we dont get anything for it. Why not receive comms for any OWPvP Kill? This can be done just like warzones with helping on kills and solo kills. These comms can be used for some really cool and rare items.

Also, there should be a running list up to say 1000 for the most kills, and this list should be for all to view.

Rank-Name-kills

1-butthead 2545

2-beavis 2448

3-killjoy 2434

and so on.

This now gives a reason to go out and do open world PvP. Id like to get something for the kills I do in OWPvP.

Just a thought

Oh so you mean implement an open world pvp system, similar to the one that the better star wars mmo had ...SWG. Sorry they are too busy trying to hack the code to copy WoW. I don't think we'll ever get any good open world in this game.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Oh so you mean implement an open world pvp system, similar to the one that the better star wars mmo had ...SWG. Sorry they are too busy trying to hack the code to copy WoW. I don't think we'll ever get any good open world in this game.

Yeah nothing more rewarding than blowing up a rival guilds faction base that took them months to get.

we already had owpvp kill rewards back on old ilum and what was the result? people exploited it. had kill quests and people kill traded.

new event has PVP quests and rewards and what happens? people dont PVP they just stand in line because its all about farming rewards.

if you like PVP then you dont need rewards to farm for PVP in open world.

Right now the problem with the 'fake' pvp quests of the Gree event is that it is really a pve quest simply dumped into a pvp area without a true reason to pvp.

The area should have been faction based pvp and there should have been two pylons for orb turn-ins- one imperial and one republic. Only one pylon could be active at a time- in order to activate a faction's pylon that faction must hold a central powersource around which the orbs spawn.

Control can be challenged two ways- by one faction attacking and deactivating the enemy's pylon itself, or by attacking and swapping the powersource at mid. Both points would require defenders and entice the faction based communities on a server to actually work together rather than the FFA system that is actively hurting the communities right now.

we already had owpvp kill rewards back on old ilum and what was the result? people exploited it. had kill quests and people kill traded.

new event has PVP quests and rewards and what happens? people dont PVP they just stand in line because its all about farming rewards.

if you like PVP then you dont need rewards to farm for PVP in open world.

The problem is the fact you can't open world pvp without doing warzones to get your gear.

I'm not entirely sure how kill trading in a warzone on demand is any different then the open world.

I have always been in favor of rewarding wpvp.

My friends and I do it regularly just for fun and that is enough, but so are wz's and pve... but we simply have no incentive to do wpvp. There are systems out there that can restrict the kill trading, and even some very creative ways to implement objectives as well instead of this "here's the node, here's the cube, cube go to node" bs.

Bw could pull this off if they really tried or cared, but I'm doubtful of either.

I have always been in favor of rewarding wpvp.

My friends and I do it regularly just for fun and that is enough, but so are wz's and pve... but we simply have no incentive to do wpvp. There are systems out there that can restrict the kill trading, and even some very creative ways to implement objectives as well instead of this "here's the node, here's the cube, cube go to node" bs.

Bw could pull this off if they really tried or cared, but I'm doubtful of either.

BW tried to restrict kill trading back on ilum and people just organized larger kill trade groups. all those 40 v 40 "fights" were nothing more than kill trade groups.

why would or should BW invest dev time to create a complex OWPVP system that will constantly be exploited? its not needed because people who like owpvp and do it for fun already do it.

gree event just further shows that more people just want to farm rewards and dont really want or care about PVP. even on PVP servers you have people waiting in lines in PVP area. during this event people who want to and like to PVP are PVPing and not worrying about how fast they can get quests done. the people who just want to farm rewards wait in line and complain in gen chat for hours on end.

I like Aion's system. Everybody is ranked based on the amount of Abyss Points (AP) they have. Killing players nets you AP, being killed loses AP. The higher your rank, the more you'd lose. And you wouldn't gain AP from a particular target after killing him 2 or 3 times within a certain time period, not exactly sure how long it was. Also, you could only gain a certain amount of AP from all sources over a certain period of time, meaning your rampage would end eventually, if the other side didn't organize a group and decide to end it for you.

Naturally, there will always be some people exploiting, but it made for some fun fights.

BW tried to restrict kill trading back on ilum and people just organized larger kill trade groups. all those 40 v 40 "fights" were nothing more than kill trade groups.

why would or should BW invest dev time to create a complex OWPVP system that will constantly be exploited? its not needed because people who like owpvp and do it for fun already do it.

gree event just further shows that more people just want to farm rewards and dont really want or care about PVP. even on PVP servers you have people waiting in lines in PVP area. during this event people who want to and like to PVP are PVPing and not worrying about how fast they can get quests done. the people who just want to farm rewards wait in line and complain in gen chat for hours on end.

The gree event i an entirely different topic on its own.

The system doesn't have to be complex for it to work.

And why should they? Because our subs are paying their paychecks, that's their job! To improve the game. Groups fighting each other doesn't mean they are kill trading, maybe they were just fighting. And if BW DID spend that time creating such a system then it would be effective and restrict attempts at exploitation.

I like Aion's system. Everybody is ranked based on the amount of Abyss Points (AP) they have. Killing players nets you AP, being killed loses AP. The higher your rank, the more you'd lose. And you wouldn't gain AP from a particular target after killing him 2 or 3 times within a certain time period, not exactly sure how long it was. Also, you could only gain a certain amount of AP from all sources over a certain period of time, meaning your rampage would end eventually, if the other side didn't organize a group and decide to end it for you.

Naturally, there will always be some people exploiting, but it made for some fun fights.

This is an example of how simple it is. Another game has already done it and there are more out there. I quite like that system as I have played it.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan