Archaeology Nodes - 75% is borked

Ildurnest

I have searched but have not found a reason or an explanation for this problem.

A big majority of Archaeology Nodes is unusable. I cant click them to gather, cant send my companion, they are just non-interacting.

Any clue to why this might be happening and if possible, any ETA on fixing this issue?

I''m utterly stuck levelling Artifice because it is impossible to get any materials (besides missions).

so far..only typhon n cruscant i'bve never seen an archeology node...even ran bck into the forge and down into the temple no nodes show..n yes display resources picked...found visually somethg i though should be a crystal node but completely unresponsive.. Arch seems totally broke

What happens and how you can or any player bugs the node is:-

You begin the harvest and then get attacked or stop it half way through it locks the node to that player. If they do not go back and finish the harvest after being attacked it means no one else can use that node.

It was the same bug in Everquest 2 when they released the game but it was fixed within the first week of release. BioWare knew about this bug in Beta and it still not fixed.

If you wish to harvest do the P.L.A.N . Please Loot All Nodes. Something we are trying to get through to people on our server. At present it seems to be working now we know what the bug is and how it is caused.

Well i've only encounted about 6 bugged nodes in Coruscant, yes i'm only about 70 in Arch but i've got most of that from sending companions out on missions.

I understand that its inconvenient and should be fixed asap. But I fail to see a wall stopping you from leveling Artifice.

Edited by CptBrit

I believe it has something to do with the guy gathering before you NOT picking up the items because...

a) ... inventory is full, or

b) ... being impatient and only going for XP

I'm going to go with this sort-of... I have tried harvesting just after someone already did, and couldn't, so I finished of a quest and came back and the node had refilled...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the nodes don't disappear when they've been harvested, but will be un-harvest-able albeit visible until they re-fill. They will also still appear on your mini-map.

Well that's been my experience at least.

Edited by Wolfhammer

Hmm ... have not really had any problems in harvesting archaeology or scavenging nodes in Coruscant. Nodes that are visible to me but are unusable, I write off as nodes that have been consumed / used by other players. When and if I do come back to that portion of the map at a later time, I can harvest the nodes that come up.

I wouldn't say 75%. I wouldn't even say majority. But I do admit to seeing my fair share of these unworkable nodes. Some times they are still unworkable after an hour or two, so it does affect the rate at which we can raise our skill without paying for the missions of course.

Only have archaelogy so far though, so I can't say anything about scavenging.

Kinda frustrating, would be nice to know when this will be looked into/fixed...