PvE Bodyguard Healing Guide - 2.0

twiggie

Great guide, thank you for taking the time to write it! My Merc is my first proper healer so this definitely helped me. For some reason it didn't occur to me before that the AOE is something to be used regularly as opposed to just in tight situations. (Without checking, I assumed it would produce more heat since it's an AOE and all...) Suddenly I don't overheat all the time anymore... ;)

KM is nice to lead with due to the HoT and Residue buff as well. Stacking the Residue on top of a Sorc puddle can be a nice pre-heal strat at the start of fights.

Great guide, thank you for taking the time to write it! My Merc is my first proper healer so this definitely helped me. For some reason it didn't occur to me before that the AOE is something to be used regularly as opposed to just in tight situations. (Without checking, I assumed it would produce more heat since it's an AOE and all...) Suddenly I don't overheat all the time anymore... ;)

I'm glad to be of assistance!

Thanks for the guide I have found it extremely helpful and from struggling to 'get a handle' on the healing Im finally starting to see how it works. For people just getting to 55 I would say this is the most gear dependent healer but it really starts to come into its own once you get some of the Black Market pieces (I also have sorcerer and operative healers). Thanks to this guide and a few pieces of gear I can see this rapidly becoming my favored healing class.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this guide. My main is an OP healer and so I was playing this alt all wrong. I didn't realize all the HoTs this class had built into their abilities. Tried it out with my Commando last night in a HMFP and the easy of healing compared to before was great. Thanks :D

• 10 months later...

Just spent 20 minutes in that skill point tester trying to get emergency scan and tracer missile. Am now thoroughly depressed that it's impossible.

heh.

This is a great guide though. thank you very much! I'm still only a huble level 24, but this will be very useful!!

One question though. For campaign focused character (I'm in it for the story!), would you say this build is a good idea? or are you likely to be sitting around, healing your companions while they get to do the fun stuff?

Many thanks!