I think you accidently created the best PvP ever

enslavr

considering this team has A LOT of the Warhammer dev's, it's not surprising that the pvp is decent... at least the warzones are....Ilum is beautiful but empty. Outlaw's Den is idea, but still empty and no one knows about it yet. They have got to address the "server feels empty" issues that we are seeing. There is really a huge lack of direction and confusion surrounding world PvP.

Warhammer has better pvp imho, smoother combat, better guilds, better spec'ing maybe... and a actual open pvp system with no sharding which equals 200vs200 regularily... or at least it once did, the playerbase is waning.

This game needs better, more focused and apparent world PvP and fast. How long will 3 warzones really satisfy you?

Edited by WLpride

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Macros I can agree with, but please oh please leave addons out of it... Learn to play the game without added stuff that makes life easier for you...

We old timers in MMO knows how it is to play without addons and trust me when I tell you it is alot more fun to learn how to play your class/spec without feeling the need to download "superioraddonofawesomeness" to help you...

And about brackets.. I like how it is now. Even as a level 13 you can dominate a lvl 40+ if you use your head, stop to think and use tactics..

That's where skill comes into play.

If they won't make the default UI acceptable, then addons should be allowed to make up for their faults.

considering this team has A LOT of the Warhammer dev's, it's not surprising that the pvp is decent... at least the warzones are....Ilum is beautiful but empty. Outlaw's Den is idea, but still empty and no one knows about it yet. They have got to address the "server feels empty" issues that we are seeing. There is really a huge lack of direction and confusion surrounding world PvP.

Warhammer has better pvp imho, smoother combat, better guilds, better spec'ing maybe... and a actual open pvp system with no sharding which equals 200vs200 regularily... or at least it once did, the playerbase is waning.

This game needs better, more focused and apparent world PvP and fast. How long will 3 warzones really satisfy you?

I think this game has the best casual PvP you'll see on the market. SWTOR is going after WoW so don't expect the PvP to be extremely hardcore though. I feel bad for people with lag or connection issues because it's probably a computer problem or internet connection problem as none of the gamers I know here in Vegas have had even the slightest technical issues with the game so far.

Back to PvP though, it seems that until you hit 50 at least, going pure dps is worthless. I think that extends to PvE in this game as well. Thankfully, this game makes playing a healer or tank spec very easy. As someone who usually plays a glass cannon build in PvP in most games, I'm loving how powertech tank BHs play once you 30. In huttball I feel like I'm Ray Lewis on defense lol.

The best part about Huttball is that the best players aren't good because of the spec, its because of their creative ways to score or defend. I'm very interested if they can create more battlegrounds like huttball that add creative mechanics to traditional mmo battlegrounds.

This game has awesome PvP. Don't throw it away by what you read on forums or by abandoning the competitive aspects.

I concur, good sir. I think once Ilum starts filling up we're gonna have a ball between that for open-world RVR, and some extra warfronts.

Edited by Ancen

I think this game has the best casual PvP you'll see on the market. SWTOR is going after WoW so don't expect the PvP to be extremely hardcore though. I feel bad for people with lag or connection issues because it's probably a computer problem or internet connection problem as none of the gamers I know here in Vegas have had even the slightest technical issues with the game so far.

Back to PvP though, it seems that until you hit 50 at least, going pure dps is worthless. I think that extends to PvE in this game as well. Thankfully, this game makes playing a healer or tank spec very easy. As someone who usually plays a glass cannon build in PvP in most games, I'm loving how powertech tank BHs play once you 30. In huttball I feel like I'm Ray Lewis on defense lol.

The best part about Huttball is that the best players aren't good because of the spec, its because of their creative ways to score or defend. I'm very interested if they can create more battlegrounds like huttball that add creative mechanics to traditional mmo battlegrounds.

I agree with hutball. If both teams know what they are doing it creates an awesome gameplay where passes happen and people all around are doing interesting things. Although aoe knockbacks are kind of annoying and the fire seems to do too much damage. Regardless, its an interesting BG.

Edited by enslavr

i have to agree, PvP is awesome except for 3 things:

-Raidframes not updating

-Everytime i engage an enem-KNOCKBACK!!!11

-Everytime i engage an enemy, who can not Knockback me, i-STUN!!!1

=> Resolve timer is way to weak at the moment.

If you are in a Fight without getting CC'd 24/7, PvP is truly awesome!

Ability delay is killing it at the moment. Also only three small teamed bgs? Not enough. I have quite high end computer so lag is not a problem for me like it is for many others.

Pvp in this game is definitely not hardcore and you don't need to do much to be succesful. Many people despited wow arenas because they showed how good or, in most cases, how bad the player actually was. In bg's however you can just roll your face on your keyboard somewhere near your keybinds. I'm fine with it, at least I don't need to know I suck. :D I was over 2k in wow though, but that was the early days in arena with fotm setup. I don't think I have ever been a good mmo pvp player.

I might even try some pve after nearly four years of absence from raiding.

I totally agree. And Biowar DO NOT listen to the people crying about CC abilities. LEAVE THEM THE WAY THEY ARE. Fights are actually strategic. Also Rift ruined pvp by putting an imunity to CC's in the game so basically 1 in every 20 cc you cast would work. It was a waste even trying to use it.

I totally agree. And Biowar DO NOT listen to the people crying about CC abilities. LEAVE THEM THE WAY THEY ARE. Fights are actually strategic. Also Rift ruined pvp by putting an imunity to CC's in the game so basically 1 in every 20 cc you cast would work. It was a waste even trying to use it.

Most stuns i notice are channeled. That means its not OP unless you are already outnumbered.

i have to agree, PvP is awesome except for 3 things:

-Raidframes not updating

-Everytime i engage an enem-KNOCKBACK!!!11

-Everytime i engage an enemy, who can not Knockback me, i-STUN!!!1

=> Resolve timer is way to weak at the moment.

If you are in a Fight without getting CC'd 24/7, PvP is truly awesome!

agree. also they should fix the wz lagg asap

Most stuns i notice are channeled. That means its not OP unless you are already outnumbered.

most CCs I've noticed are instants

I agree taht at the core melee is a harder spec to play vs Ranged. I came into warzones with a level 10 trooper and spammed AOE for top DPS, whereas i dont always get top DPS on my melee classees.

However, that said, melee classes have a large role to play. I play a sentinel and all i do is chase healers and ranged classes around. There's not much they can really do to stop me and i dont even have a lot of my really powerful abilities yet(level 23).

Can't stop you? Did you find some secret to make yourself immune from the countless CC abilites? Jumping into the bulk of the other team is suicide as a melee.

Can't stop you? Did you find some secret to make yourself immune from the countless CC abilites? Jumping into the bulk of the other team is suicide as a melee.

Well right now i have rebuke and saber ward. With both of those up i am nearly invincible. I havent been noticing too much CC. A lot of CC from ranged DPS breaks on damage. The CC that doesnt break on damage(stuns) are usually channeled abilities, such as my force stasis.

That spell on its own is really good, but it only feels OP when another teammate is doing their most powerful attack while you channel. On its own its just a decent ability.

Ive got leap on a 15 sec CD, a channeled stun and then when i hit a higher level i even have a ranged immobilize ability that just sounds really powerful.

The trick, really, is to not run into 50 people on your own and expect to win. Scout the target you want and engage as the battle happens. You dont wanna be too far from your teamates in this game.

I believe CC can be really tough on a player depending on level because of how many powers you have. My all-time favorite moment for PvP so far went like this (I play a BH):

While trying to stop a ball-carrier in huttball, I used my cable move to pull ball-carrier onto a lower level bridge away from their healer. Ball-carrier uses a knockback move that knocks me off the bridge onto ground level. I then use jet charge to fly back and hit ball-carrier while rooting them. Ball carrier still alive and running so I then use my shock charge move or whatever that stuns them for 3 seconds or so. Then ball-carrier uses his CC break move to escape and then his healer uses a force pull move that brings ball-carrier all the way to the healer whos in front of goal-line.

It was kinda epic gameplay that had nothing to do with DPS but was full of CC and location positiioning, even on the part of the healer. The problem though is if you're level 12 or 16 going up against characters that have about 4 different options to cause u to lose control of your character or mobility because you have no powers then it can become frustrating (magnified moreso if there is a low level against multiple characters past level 30).

Thats why level brackets may need to be put in place even though bio-ware has done a heck of a job with attribute and health scaling.

Guys, seriously there are many excellent aspects of this game but PvP is not among them. Delay in abilities and fps decrease in warzones decreases its fluidity in key moments, especially for melees when you chase a ranged guy in situations if you cant do the timing right you will fail. For instane, I stun a ranged guy who kites me to hit him a Shadow Strike(must be hit from the back), when i get behind my target quickly I tired to see errors like not in correct position or not in range etc. the only thing i see most of the time my character's half animation of hit and cancels it.This is not a QQ post just saying that it needs to be fixed ASAP.

I am a die hard PvP fan. I came from UO (missed on DAOC), went to play top 100 in Guildwars, and did my time in WoW Arenas, and plenty of other games. I honestly can say that I love the mechanics in TOR. The classes feel similar, but are very unique (rogue/warrior hybrid) and give mechanics that we're familiar with, a different twist.

I just want more PvP features. But please do not chance the MECHANICS of this game. I haven't enjoyed PvP this much in a long time.

Guys, seriously there are many excellent aspects of this game but PvP is not among them. Delay in abilities and fps decrease in warzones decreases its fluidity in key moments, especially for melees when you chase a ranged guy in situations if you cant do the timing right you will fail. For instane, I stun a ranged guy who kites me to hit him a Shadow Strike(must be hit from the back), when i get behind my target quickly I tired to see errors like not in correct position or not in range etc. the only thing i see most of the time my character's half animation of hit and cancels it.This is not a QQ post just saying that it needs to be fixed ASAP.

As others have brought out, this is probably a tech issue with your computer and or connection, not the game itself. As far as being kited by range, what is your spec. Lvl 50 sith juggernauts in my guild are wreaking havoc in pvp but I heard marauders are garbage.

This game has awesome PvP. Don't throw it away by what you read on forums or by abandoning the competitive aspects.

Word.

Love every second of it! Even when I die one pixel away from drop off zone in Huttball by someone who pull me into the fire and stun me there.

And no. No sarcasm.. I'm masochistic like that. :p

Edited by Senefera

dont worry. im a ranged and same happens here. when a melee gets close to me, i cant see anything else, but a "red guy" who lagging around me like the hell, and changing his position like Neo in Matrix.

Edited by TorqueoMilitaris

As a pvp player its very annoying to have fps drops everytime you're in warzones or in areas with a high amount of ppl like rep space station for example. Once my game even crashed to desktop there for no apparent reason but the fps drops.

I also wanna add that during beta game ran smoothly in warzones or rep space station.

i7-870@2.93GHz

MSi GTX 470

8GB RAM

Win764

Never had such problems playing for example BFBadCompany2 with this system. Also wonder why having such problems in a game which is meant to play with a high amount of ppl? Also wanna add that there is no difference with high or low settings.

I give BW another month to fix this issue.

Actually, would like to agree with op...