Warzone FPS drops

Montanaa

That depends upon how big of a drop you are getting. It's not unusual for even an 7600K to get drops to around 40-45 fps in OPs and Warzones. That should still be smooth and playable.

(The fps drop is related to the CPU, but the i5-7600(K) is second only to the i7-7700(K) for CPU performance in SWTOR.)

If you are getting drops below that, you might need to lower your graphics settings a bit - particularly shadows - and/or make sure you have nothing serious running in the background.

I'm running an i5-6600 (non-K) and I am able to watch Netflix or Live Tennis while playing PvE, but I haven't tried OPs or PvP while doing that.

BTW, I don't know if this still applies, but there were some people having performance issues with overclocked CPUs in the past (to do with timings). If your i5-7600K is overclocked, try running without the overclock or at a reduced OC to see if performance gets better (or not).

Edited by JediQuaker

That depends upon how big of a drop you are getting. It's not unusual for even an 7600K to get drops to around 40-45 fps in OPs and Warzones. That should still be smooth and playable.

(The fps drop is related to the CPU, but the i5-7600(K) is second only to the i7-7700(K) for CPU performance in SWTOR.)

If you are getting drops below that, you might need to lower your graphics settings a bit - particularly shadows - and/or make sure you have nothing serious running in the background.

I'm running an i5-6600 (non-K) and I am able to watch Netflix or Live Tennis while playing PvE, but I haven't tried OPs or PvP while doing that.

BTW, I don't know if this still applies, but there were some people having performance issues with overclocked CPUs in the past (to do with timings). If your i5-7600K is overclocked, try running without the overclock or at a reduced OC to see if performance gets better (or not).

It drops from 60 to 15-20. Lowering graphics doesnt do anything. My CPU isn't overclocked. Weird thing is, when i disable UI with ctrl+u im back at 60fps. Also, in arenas I don't get the drops....

Thanks for the heads up.

That is too much of a drop for an i5-7600. Are all your drivers, your BIOS, and Windows, up to date?

"Arenas"? Would that be OPs or are you referring to some other game?

Sorry, i missinformed you guys.

Im running the i5 7500 3.4ghz....

Yes, drivers are all up to date.

cheers