Vanishing bosses

Randomly when fighting The Thing from the Stars, or final stage of SOA, the boss will vanish-cannot target. What's going on? While the boss is not visible to me I am not able to target it even by looking for the target of target of the main tank. With The Thing from the Stars after fight is complete and Nightmare Pilgrim is dead you loot from the Pilgrim. But with SOA fight I am unable to loot SOA for commendations following completion of the fight. I determined to loot the boss I must exit the operation then re-enter it. After re-entering I can see the dead boss and loot it successfully. Another interesting fact with the The Thing from the Stars, during our encounter with this boss we died three times. The first time I was able to see the boss throughout the fight down to 12% when we died. The second time it vanished at only 90% and I had to swap and tank the Pilgrim. The third time I was able to tank the boss to death with no visibility issue at all. I've reported this issue multiple times over the past 8 months using in game support tickets. Always they have closed the ticket saying they cannot help with anything other than class missions. I really don't understand that response at all. I've also reported it as a bug but they close that ticket too saying it can't be tracked once submitted. So, it's still unresolved and I know other folks who have this same problem.

Additional information:

1. I pretty much run the repair just for kicks every time I have some sort of issue. It doesn't really take long and support has advised me to do that on other occasions. So I just do it. But it has never resolved any issue I reported to support.

2. SOA phase is on the ground in last phase. I see him before he drops but as he drops he vanishes. It doesn't always do this, just from time to time.

3. The Thing from the Stars fight. The next time this happens I will try the AOE thing to see if it causes it to re-appear.

4. Using target of target on another player does not work if the boss has vanished. Basically the target of target window will not display at all, even when focused or clicked on another player who is actually in combat with it.

Edited by prairieprof
Update specifics

i am not sure on what point Soa is un targetable you are talking about. is it only after you kill him? as for the thing from the stars he commonly glitches and resets to the base line plane ie below ground and becomes untargetable. this is a common glitch, you should be able to target him after you do an aoe on top of where hes. this trick works around 75% for me.

Soa is ment to be untargetable while the platforms are falling and i have not seen any issues with him being untargetable during the main fight phases or after he was killed.

The OP means - Soa becomes untargetable and invisible during the phase of the fight where you are all the way at the bottom of the vault, and he is running around - the tank is trying to kite him underneath the pylons. It's at this point in the fight that he becomes invisible and hence, un-targetable.

] I've reported this issue multiple times over the past 8 months using in game support tickets. Always they have closed the ticket saying they cannot help with anything other than class missions. I really don't understand that response at all. I've also reported it as a bug but they close that ticket too saying it can't be tracked once submitted. So, it's still unresolved and I know other folks who have this same problem.

also what you report it under affects who it goes to. if u send it in under class/companion or story this issue will be closed every time as they can not change it, wrong team got it. but this is off topic. this bug is to hard to work around and not get affect by.

The OP means - Soa becomes untargetable and invisible during the phase of the fight where you are all the way at the bottom of the vault, and he is running around - the tank is trying to kite him underneath the pylons. It's at this point in the fight that he becomes invisible and hence, un-targetable.

i have to say i think this might be a file problem, the shield of Soa might be having errors and it making this problem, try repairing Swtor from the launcher and see if this fixes your problem.

The same thing has happened to me many times on the following boss fights over the last few months:

Operator IX has spawned invisible and unable to be targeted. I have to click on another one of my raid members and use their target of target to select the boss. Same thing with the Thing from the Stars.

I've also been having problems with spawns not spawning immediately like the adds and vortexes in the tentacle phase of the Terror from Beyond fight. Any ideas on how to fix this?

This usually happens to me when I die during the fight and when I get combat rezzed the boss is untargetable, which is problematic as the second tank and raid leader. Especially if we manage to kill the boss and I can't loot it...

The same thing has happened to me many times on the following boss fights over the last few months:

Operator IX has spawned invisible and unable to be targeted. I have to click on another one of my raid members and use their target of target to select the boss. Same thing with the Thing from the Stars.

I've also been having problems with spawns not spawning immediately like the adds and vortexes in the tentacle phase of the Terror from Beyond fight. Any ideas on how to fix this?

im going to repeat this. have u ran swtor repair on the launcher, this seems like your problem. for the thing from the stars is the only glitch that i know of and seen the problem. Operator IX has not had any glitch of being untargetable for raid group i have seen and seems like a corrupted file. the vortexes i have seen a lag in for damaging but they have a spawn timer not a spawn on damage like the adds, this is for the first phase of the fight so they won't spawn at the same times.

im going to repeat this. have u ran swtor repair on the launcher, this seems like your problem. for the thing from the stars is the only glitch that i know of and seen the problem. Operator IX has not had any glitch of being untargetable for raid group i have seen and seems like a corrupted file. the vortexes i have seen a lag in for damaging but they have a spawn timer not a spawn on damage like the adds, this is for the first phase of the fight so they won't spawn at the same times.

I ran the repair so we'll see if anything has changed.

I also ran the repair yesterday afternoon. After that, I ran TFB HM with my guild, and during Phase II of the Operator IX fight, the droid in the middle was invisible and untargetable. When he went down, I tried using the target-of-target of one of my raid members, and could target the boss's corpse, but STILL could not loot it. Missed out on 5 black hole comms (which I will be submitting a ticket for). So it appears that the repair did not work for me - at least on the Operator IX fight.

Tninking Operative IX is just random. Had it happen once in nov or dec, but he has been there every week since. Never did get my comms. Never had the problem with the others though. Just the one time on Operative IX. Not sure if I could target him durning the fight or not. Healer....I know another dps could not see him, but was able to target him during that fight. Think 3 of us were unable to see or loot the boss.

I took pictures.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/116265/module_gallery/original/946024.jpg

Edited by mikebevo