1v1 Duel Tournament Results

Drunkshade

Thank you to all of those that came out and watched the tournament. We had over 40 participants but there could only be one winner.

1st Place: Iagox - Operative - <Instinct>

2nd Place: Mugen - Maurader - <Instinct>

3rd Place: iDM - Assassin - <Instinct>

Nice work hosting it. Ive watched many tournys and I am still waiting to see all these pro sorc/sages to win one. Since they all say sorc is super kite and destroys everything 1v1 if you know how to play. So I guess no sorc/sage in swtor in the world have yet learned how to play their class right.

Iagox was spectacular. Not only did he win fights as dps but as heals as well. He was kiting around the tree and honestly I don't think he even needed to lol.

Lies only sorcs has all the kiting tools and super burst if you know how to play.

Maybe his opponent need to L2P. But yea operative healer hybrid is beastly in 1v1.

Edited by warultima

I knew it! Nerf Operatives ®© !

Totally they out kited them sorc/sage and won a tournament. Nerf operatives. Hidden Strike shouldnt even knock down at all. And they shouldnt be able to attack/cc/stun/slow at all (all offensive abilities automatically grayed out) if they have an active HoT effect on any of his teammate or himself.

Very nice, always knew operatives were fine. Looking forward to seeing the full vids!

Operatives were always a strong dueling class, that does not mean they are okay in team play. It can, but they aren't mutually exclusive. Most people that parade for operative changes are for team situations or pve dps viability.

Im thinking adrenals, and PvE trinkets may have come into effect in that match.

If not, then DAAAAAYYYYYUUUMMMMM!!!!

Well, a well geared concealment operative can still burst pretty well on a mara/sent, as they don't have the chance to get all their defensive cooldowns going, which is what makes them strong against other opponents. However, his burst looks like what I used to be able to do with relics/trinket, and since they weren't in a warzone that could be possibly taken into account. I have not fully optimized my operatives gear, so I can not say for certain.

Well, a well geared concealment operative can still burst pretty well on a mara/sent, as they don't have the chance to get all their defensive cooldowns going, which is what makes them strong against other opponents. However, his burst looks like what I used to be able to do with relics/trinket, and since they weren't in a warzone that could be possibly taken into account. I have not fully optimized my operatives gear, so I can not say for certain.

Actually not being in WZ will enable you to use PvE relics and biochem andernals with WH and fully augged gear he will be easily outburst that he could ever done then he is in a WZ.

I have nearly optimized my gear(Jut below 1000 Power), and that burst looks a lot like what I used to do before 1.3, and in a duel, if an operative gets the drop on anyone with adrenals and some power relics, there is no chance that anyone but a very geared tank will survive the encounter past the opening rotation.

I'm just saying, he used 4 maybe 5 abilities from what I could see, I haven't seen a fight end as quick as that since the patch.

Its possible, to get similar results I suppose, without knowing the HP of the sentinal however its hard to say. Shoot first when It crits hits for a little over 5k, with Backblast hitting just below 5 K..Add another 2k for that acid blade, a crit on the sabotage charge for around 4k, plus 2.5 from quick shot, and I could see it ending like that.

So its either A: Crit streak from Jesus, or B: Adrenals and/or Relics.

Edited by Haystak

Arkonzoa is going to edit the entire tournament but here is the quick video of the final match.

Mugen (Maurader) vs Iagox (Operative)

Thats exacly why you can't use adrenals and relics in Warzones anymore.

Thing i really wanna see is a change to Acid Blade. Let it make HS and BS 100% critical.

Because what is on this video is operative working as intended. But if he would fail HS and BS crits.... we would see entierly different fight.

Edited by Maxkardinal

Thats exacly why you can't use adrenals and relics in Warzones anymore.

Thing i really wanna see is a change to Acid Blade. Let it make HS and BS 100% critical.

Because what is on this video is operative working as intended. But if he would fail HS and BS crits.... we would see entierly different fight.

The Hidden Strike + Backstab took half of the full HP from the marauder. It will mean 2 things 1. the operative chain critting on almost everything including his Acid Blade ticks (or used PvE relics and biochem adrenal). 2. The marauder is severely undergeared and got out expertise bursted.

The Hidden Strike + Backstab took half of the full HP from the marauder. It will mean 2 things 1. the operative chain critting on almost everything including his Acid Blade ticks (or used PvE relics and biochem adrenal). 2. The marauder is severely undergeared and got out expertise bursted.

Actually yes, he did crit everything and was using adreanl and relic. You can't use adreanls and relics in PvP now, and you can don't crit a single hit.

Thats why i said i would like to see that change. Because if HS and BS don't crit, operative looses even a burst.

That massive burst that is on the video is not possible in WZ, so it will be ok if Acid Blade would guarantee HS and BS crit while up.

Edited by Maxkardinal

I don't know why everyone is going OMG OMG on that duel.

You cannot see the gear of the operative, or the marauders gear. The rauder isn't wearing the 2k rating crystal or anything even close to that. Looks like this was a gear issue.

Rauder didn't use 50% reduction, nor undying rage, nor a medpack.

This fight was lame, and tbh, that marauder sucked ***. All he did was spam white attacks imo.

I'm not trying to troll here, it's just how it looks.

He didn't use any stuns, no nothing, he didn't vanish (the marauder). I mean come on anyone saying that this is a fair fight clearly doesn't play SWTOR.

EDIT:

Furthermore I would like to add the one who recorded the video is only in battlemaster gear which makes me question what quality of players joined this 'dueling tournament' and if war hero gear was even allowed.

Next time you record something like this, whoever it was, click one of the duelists so we can monitor buffs and attacks.

An operative can't win just by going full burst on someone, especially not against a marauder. Either that marauder is just really really bad or the operative was overgeared.

As I mentioned above, the marauder doesn't use a single cooldown, not even CC breaker. I couldn't be more dissapointed in the quality of PvPers on your server.

Come to tomb of freedom nadd, we'll show you how it's done.

Nice conqueror titles btw. Looks like noone is above rank 90 in this 'epic duel tournament'

Edited by Shredbull

Yes I agree the marauder sucked.

He probably wasnt anticipating that the heavy burst is coming.

He didnt pop saber ward neither.

AND he popped undying mad late as well.

Funny thing was the guy was like "what are you? lethality?" which made me LoL.

Its totally typical concealment's basic opening drill.

Basically the operative didnt do anything special that any average joe concealment couldnt do and the marauder just folded like some level Lv20 marauder that hasnt gotten most of his abilities yet.

It's rather lame for a final fight. (the marauder lost in about 8 to 9 second which is 6 GCD)

Assuming the marauder is not stupid and is full WH that's about 19000hp (I have a full WH marauder as well).

To die in 6GCD thats around 3167 damage on average per attack. Factoring in acid blade which is not unbelievable. Which shows that the marauder did not have ANY sort of defensive other than Cloak of Pain on (which is 20% flat reduction). Saber Ward would have stacked another 25% flat reduction since concealment operative rarely do any white damage.

Ignoring the PvE relics + Adrenal lolstack, the marauder pretty much just sit there until he died. The marauder looks like an annihilation marauder judging by his typical openers (Force Charge + Deadly Saber-> Battering Assault followed by a Rupture). An anni marauder die in 6GCD... its pretty bad...

Ignoring the PvE relics + Adrenal lolstack, the marauder pretty much just sit there until he died. The marauder looks like an annihilation marauder judging by his typical openers (Force Charge + Deadly Saber-> Battering Assault followed by a Rupture). An anni marauder die in 6GCD... its pretty bad...

The Marauder didn't Rebuke, he didn't Saber Ward, he never used Force Camo, he didn't use his CC break...

I have a feeling this wasn't so much a gear issue as it was that the Marauder's defenses were on CD.

The video posted was just the final duel. I watched the live stream of the tournament. The Marauder did not "suck". He won the "winners" bracket in which he won duels against geared PT's and Assassins. The reason it was that lopsided is *I think* he didn't know what to expect. They dueled 2 times in a row to determine the winner and the duel before that the Operative switched to a healing Hybrid. That fight went on for like 10 mins and he beat the Mara. So I'm not sure the Mara knew he respec'd back to DPS.

With that said, who cares? It was for fun. I applaud the people that put on the event and the people that participated.

The video posted was just the final duel. I watched the live stream of the tournament. The Marauder did not "suck". He won the "winners" bracket in which he won duels against geared PT's and Assassins. The reason it was that lopsided is *I think* he didn't know what to expect. They dueled 2 times in a row to determine the winner and the duel before that the Operative switched to a healing Hybrid. That fight went on for like 10 mins and he beat the Mara. So I'm not sure the Mara knew he respec'd back to DPS.

With that said, who cares? It was for fun. I applaud the people that put on the event and the people that participated.

That explains a lot. Respeccing mid-tournament seems a bit... Unfair... To me though.

It's hilarious all these OP/Scoundrels coming in this thread saying the Mara sucked so they don't get any more nerfs. He obviously didn't suck if he made it all the way to the finals of the winner's bracket beating out all the other competition. It's been said for the longest, but I guess I'll say it again, OP's hard counter Mara's. Period. As long as you're not a full-fledged mouth breather, you should never come even close to losing to a Mara as a DPS OP.

Nice but I am not surprised 'cos ME DIE in 10 secs when OP pops out. Man, that sound of them popping out gives me chills 'cos ain't nobody got time for that as a sorc! I am like "ayayaya, overload" ><.

Hehehe! :)