@Beesodd - out of pure curiousity :)

Wolvereen

This kind of thing would be up to each individual. At the end of the day when I am sitting in my living room playing SWTOR I am just another player in the universe :rak_03:

With that being said I usually make it a point to help people when I can, especially with people asking questions in general chat etc. That kind of stuff can get lost in general chat "chatter" so I try to help those folks when I can.

I try to use general chat in a couple of different situations. Any time we release a new game update, etc. I will always park my character on the fleet and watch general chat to monitor for any issues that may pop up. It gives another stream of information to watch besides the forums and social media.

When I am playing personally, I will always try to take note of issues I see people report or just shoot a reminder email to myself and Amber to have it looked into the next workday. Mileage will vary by person but I can speak for myself in saying that I definitely use my experience in game to help pass on information to folks internally!

-eric

It is good to hear that the people working on this game are not just being paid to make the game and they actually play the game.

I am sure there is at least one person who is either just not a gamer or who doesn't play the game but they are still there for one reason or another.

I also think it is a sign of the people who work on this game. Personally working in the Eng dept at work, the last thing I want to do when I go home is see our website. But then again we don't make games :rak_03:

Edit: I also can't imagine how it feels to see a bug you thought you personally fixed in production

Edited by ninjonxb

This kind of thing would be up to each individual. At the end of the day when I am sitting in my living room playing SWTOR I am just another player in the universe :rak_03:

With that being said I usually make it a point to help people when I can, especially with people asking questions in general chat etc. That kind of stuff can get lost in general chat "chatter" so I try to help those folks when I can.

I try to use general chat in a couple of different situations. Any time we release a new game update, etc. I will always park my character on the fleet and watch general chat to monitor for any issues that may pop up. It gives another stream of information to watch besides the forums and social media.

When I am playing personally, I will always try to take note of issues I see people report or just shoot a reminder email to myself and Amber to have it looked into the next workday. Mileage will vary by person but I can speak for myself in saying that I definitely use my experience in game to help pass on information to folks internally!

-eric

Have you ever come across an issue while playing that has made you say "What's up with that?" Not something in GC that someone else posted but something you experienced?

Kind of makes me wonder.....if BW staff plays the game too....then why are they so detached from the realities of their mistakes? :confused:

Nothing about this game says they are. It is part of development. Game development as a whole is a mess right now. The technology and expectations grew way faster then the tools grew.

They have their priorities and they can only realistically fit so many fixes in when they are also being pushed (by EA and by players) to release new content.

It is part of sprint planning. Say they do a 2 week sprint per team. They have to determine at the beginning what they are going to do in that time and the only deviate if they have to hotfix something. (I am assuming SWTOR uses an Agile structure because Bioware mentioned using Agile and not Waterfall during the "Get a job at bioware" at pax east.

Kind of makes me wonder.....if BW staff plays the game too....then why are they so detached from the realities of their mistakes? :confused:

You have to remember a lot of lay offs happened too, they are probably understaffed a bit so that can slow down bug fixes and what not.

It's interesting to me to hear about this! I wonder, are they allowed to play while they are "on the clock" or is it strictly in their off time that they can play? Maybe they are allotted X hours each workday to play the game for product knowledge/community interaction?

You have to remember a lot of lay offs happened too, they are probably understaffed a bit so that can slow down bug fixes and what not.

I'm not talking about how fast or slow something is "fixed" in this game - I'm talking about all the obvious nonsense that is implemented. Pretty much look at what Eric posts most of the time and try to convince me that he actually knows what the community wants. :rolleyes:

-eric

How do you handle voice chat? I think you would admit that you have a fairly recognizable voice, and if you joined in voice chat on one of my ops runs, I would know it immediately.

As others have stated: them putting their character name out there would basically cause no good. They would get spammed with tells to change things (likely things they aren't involved with because that's the way things go), etc. and complaining about changes. Think about how bad it could be if any of them played on pvp servers. I can only imagine (Oh we saw this GM over on Alderaan, let's go make his life heck).

How do you handle voice chat? I think you would admit that you have a fairly recognizable voice, and if you joined in voice chat on one of my ops runs, I would know it immediately.

One of the many "I have a headset but don't have a mic" players?

That was the answer we were looking for. :jawa_wink:

The majority of the studio play on the 'official' servers on pretty much a daily basis. We aren't allowed to say what our character names are or even that we work here to our guild-mates, but we do play... Some of us more than others of course!

We even have mini competitions between ourselves to see who can play the most of the most things.

I am so glad you can't , I would not want to know if I 'm talking with a DEV or playing with one I don't abuse the

game in any way so I have nothing to hide or fear. I even help others in Chat when I see someone misinforming others or telling something in the wrong way that should have been said a diff way and few have got mad at me , but I m just that way . I m sure I have cre a DEV because he may have put it wrong but was not wrong .

But if I knew who was who I think I would bug them to much so I hope I never know > :) .

Edited by tanktest

If Bioware staff are playing, I hope they are trying to gear up and just like all the players are asking:

Why does so much gear have crit on it now its a completely useless stat?

Why does 66 tank gear all have useless alacrity on it creating what my guild calls 'Alacratanks'

Why does none of the 66 agent gear have accuracy?

If Bioware staff are playing, I hope they are trying to gear up and just like all the players are asking:

Why does so much gear have crit on it now its a completely useless stat?

Why does 66 tank gear all have useless alacrity on it creating what my guild calls 'Alacratanks'

Why does none of the 66 agent gear have accuracy?

Setting aside that you went off topic ..... :)

Crit is not useless, just less useful (I know.. sucks compared to pre-2.0.... get over it.. crap changes in MMOs). It's more useful for some class/talents then others.

I think they put alacrity on tank gear because they are pushing it to be more useful for other classes (not saying it's worth it or that they have the recipe right yet.... just saying why I think the default stats include it on gear).

While I agree with you on accuracy on agent gear... I'm not sure that feeling is universal in the player base.

A better question would be.. what do you think modable gear is all about???? So that you can obtain and install exactly the stat blend you personally want to go with your class and talent spec.

While it is convenient to obtain gear with the "perfect" set of mods in it.... it's not necessary and not everyone agrees on stats they want to use so I'm not sure it's even doable. Game is not cookie cutter enough in the classes and talent specs to make stat choice a no brainer.

Edited by Andryah