Subscriber Rewards Survey

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SubscriberRewards_04

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping this survey would be opting for different rewards for subscription, not just rating the current model. Nonetheless, I hope this helps improve the rewards. Though, I don't necessarily need anything else to pay for what I'm already enjoying, imho.

Awesome! Thank you for doing this. THIS is the kind of communication we love to see. Doesn't mean we will get all the suggested items, but nice to see you engage the community in some fashion.

I'd suggest maybe even an Email blast to SUB's might be a better way to catch those that don't read forums.

EDIT: This survey doesn't reflect your conversation exactly above. It's appears more about future Xpac and less about benefits to SUBS ongoing (IE: Monthly). Might want to add some additional Q&A in the survey or reword. (IMHO)

I also echo others.. Reskin of ANYTHING as a SUB benefit is a slap in the face. I hope to never see Nico on CM as well the mount reskinned. The Duster was not that great as another already existed in game (shaded differently).

Edited by dscount

Nice way to get the players feedback. I think my only real disappointment in the subscriber rewards related to KotFE was the Nico duster. It was stiff, didn't look like Nico's duster, and a recolored item that was already in game. I think subscriber rewards should be something totally unique to what is available generally. One more criticism I would give is to keep the subscriber rewards to something that can be used by all characters. The blasters, while nice for my couple of alts that can use blasters, its a waste of space on my main. Likewise, the duster, while fitting of my smuggler, really seems out of place on my sorc, but I get it was a theme.

Normally, I'm not one to complain about free stuff, but you asked, so there.:p

Blimey! Its taken them 3 years to figure out that they actually have a player base to ask and get feedback from.

Blimey! I wonder why that is? it couldn't have ANYTHING at all to do with the level of hostility and toxicity of this games player base could it? NO that couldn't be it there must be another reason behind it!

I have so far paid my subscription for one thing, and that's PvP. Diverse and well-written class stories were a (distant) second place. I paid since around release minus a few months during the "dark times".

None of the "rewards" related to Fallen Empire were in any way relevant to me, and I've always regarded them as desperate cash grabs.

My subscription is currently set to expire in late December, and I really don't see a reason to maintain it anymore, since none of the elements that were important to me are on the list of priorities anymore. You can read my full opinion on the state of Bioware in general and SWOR in particular here.

I must say that since all the companions are now exactly the same except the way they look, new companion does not excite me to re-sub.

Balance is not always what we are looking for, i want to be able to win because of skill and knowing how to play my character, not because of balance.

Hey folks!

One of the things our team is exploring is to continue giving increased value to your subscription time. Example being the additional rewards we issued each month of being a subscriber leading up to Fallen Empire's launch. After some internal discussion, we decided, why not just go to the source to get some of your feedback as well!

At the bottom of this post you will find a link to a survey which will get your insights into the types of things you like, and would like to see as a subscriber reward. If you have time please take a few minutes and fill out the survey.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Of everything, that does show how narrow and tunnel-visioned the direction of the subscriber reward incentives are. Although, damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess :(

Subscriber rewards are not really relevant for this game's future. There is a more fundamental issue: lack of new content. I let my subscription lapse over the summer precisely because there was absolutely no new content at all coming out over that period and I had essentially completed the previous content.

That happens to a degree with all MMO pre-expansion periods. However this game has been crippled by abominally low levels of proper new content. The KotFE storyline is nice enough, but I have taken one character through it and built that one character's alliance. I have no intention of taking any more characters throught he KotFE story or going through the alliance system again. Put simply repeating the story is BORING. The star fortress instances are too easy to be a good retention mechanic: KDY of this expansion.

One new chapter of story an hour long a month will not cut it for a lot of people. Flashy subscriber "rewards" will not alter that fundamental fact and it is that fundamental fact which needs to be addressed. The new chapter is a good starting point for new content, but there MUST be more new content if the game is to survive. There needs to be new proper MMO content if Bioware wants to retain subscribers. New multiplayer instances. New PvP maps. New roleplaying features. If these do not come people will play through the story, finish the game and leave.

Bye bye subscribers. Bye bye Bioware's cashflow. Bye bye Bioware staff jobs. Bye bye Bioware Austin. It is that simple. If Bioware do not pull their fingers out and release more content then this game is going to close down. 33% higher subscribers yes, but 33% of what? Also see what happened to Warlords of Draenor's subscriber numbers. 3 million up, 3 million down and another 1.5 million down on top. All inside 9 months. Lots of people came back for Warlords of Draenor and it does appear that quite a few people have come back for KotFE. Lots of people then left again when Warlords of Draenor proved to be an empty shell outside of the levelling process and raiding. KotFE doesn't even have good raiding to fall back on. WoW lost 45% of its subscriber base in 6 months. SWTOR could not survive that kind of subscriber loss as it would also mean substantial reductions in cartel market purchases as well.

Edited by davidp_newton

Please don't wreck another iconic character from the cool cgi trailers. The in-game Nico model looks like crap and giving us an "exclusive" Nico duster that's just a reskin of 5-6 preexisting armor models was weak sauce too. I'd like to see double the cartel coins for subs or something along those lines. Something like " subscribe from Jan-Mar and recieve double cartel coins for those months.

Two things I felt needed clarification on the survey.

1) I didn't actually like Nico's coat. I felt it was a boring reskin. But I do like the idea of new gear, which might not be such an uninspired reskin.

2) I loved the KOTOR-inspired mount. It's one of my favorite speeders. But I still put the mount last, because - let's be honest - any future mounts are more likely to be akin to the atrocities in the cantina crate or completely ugly...and not the sleek and iconic KOTOR speeder. I don't think we're ever going to get a free mount as sexy as that ever again.

Companions are always fun though. Can't really go wrong with them.

I took the survey, but I don't think it accurately captured my opinions.

For example, you ask us to rank the KotFE sub gifts from 1-5, but you indicate both the gift (say, 'Duster') and it's category ('gear'). I was unimpressed by the Duster itself (nondescript reskin of existing gear) and I think the pistols are very good looking (when drawn, holstered is clowntasticly oversized), so I rated the pistols higher. However, in general, I would find gear (usable by all characters and companions) to be a larger incentive than a weapon (not usable by all characters or companions).

Hey folks!

Thanks everyone!

-eric

How about giving us new content, caring about your game, fixing bugs, and a balanced pvp that would keep more people subscribed.

They have posted asking for feedback in the forums literally dozens of times before this.

Yes they did and in the end nothing happened after that, they just ignored feedbacks :)

Edited by omeru

Your missing the options - "was already a subscriber - rewards had 0 impact on my choice to subscribe" and an option for "I didn't like any of the above rewards " otherwise nice attempt to reach out to us.

All my rewards are still sitting in the mailbox, I had no use for any of the stuff except the XP booster and no space to store them in my banks. I didn't consider Early Access/beta to be much of a reward either, it's like treating us like kids at Christmas, letting us open presents early <shrug>

Anyway hope to see more of these surveys in the future!

P.S can you hire a droid to walk the halls of Bioware chanting "choices are good!, give players choices!" i think your current droid must be malfunctioning!