Revan & Boarding Party Hard Mode

After taking a look at the public test server area on the forums, reading the patch notes etc, i am extremely disappointed.

Unless i am mistaken Revan one shotting your party is not working as intended and limits the amount of hard modes the Empire can complete. And at the same time is it alright that the 3 bosses at the end of boarding party should be nigh on impossible to kill, it can be done but not without wiping for a long time and kiting the boss around in their enrage, and ofc not to mention 1 wipe means no loot.

Now i see a fix for the only major hard mode bug on republic side. Cool, how is this fair to the other side of the game? Republic have access to 6 working hard modes, thats 2 more than Empire can successfully do. Not to mention that 3 of the 4 that empire have are quite difficult without the proper equipment/strategy(they are doable with the correct strategy, but most of the time you will hit an enrage timer.)

I'm not asking for these to really be made easier, just fix the problems so that you don't wipe 20 times trying to finish boarding party, and you get no loot from the boss. I don't mind a challenge, lots of people don't mind a challenge, but when the challenge appears to require more than just coordination and skill, but also a base level of equipment unattainable without doing hard modes that atm are overtuned(Medic hitting 3-4k crits in BP, Chief hitting your party with 2-3k hits every 5-10s). It is quite infuriating.

/rant.

Edited by ImApologetic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so true. Now sure you can clear HM BP if you have a well-geared, high-skill group except it is supposed to be second easiest HM FP after BT, and most people by this point aren't well-geared. Foundry is just ridiculous, now sure some crazy good people can burn through his Force Lightning, but that is nowhere near most of us. I can run that with a group I know, and not have a single wipe or serious problem, but we can't clear the end boss because one of his attacks is bugged out? That is pathetic, and it is a shame it went live like this. Bioware, please focus on major endgame progression bugs/problems. Quality of Life things are frustrating/annoying, but aren't so critical that they become insurmountable hurdles for your customers such as bugged/heavily overtuned Hard Mode Flashpoints.

Revan and Boarding party are killable:

-To kill Boarding Party bosses you can do what we did; Kill Engineer then the commander, you will get quest completed and get your token, chest will be un-lootable however.

We have tried to kill this boss in the correct order and on top of the chest with no luck but one of our hard mode groups actually managed to loot it somehow.

-Revan can be killed ONLY if you have an assassin in your party:

DPS Revan as normal to 50% this is when he will do his 1st Lightning Storm, keep bruning him down.

-At around 30% or 10seconds after he finishes his Storm cast your assassin needs to Grab aggro and pop his "shield wall" (the spell that lasts 3seconds).

-Revan will channel Lightning Strike (this is the ability that 1-shots), interrupt it and DPS him down.

-Revan will 1-shot 2 people shortly after, no way to deal with this unless you have a 2nd Assassin.

-Bring Revan to 11% wait untill he does his 2nd Lightning Storm AOE.

- As soon as his storm ends burn him down to 4% and prey the script triggers correctly.

Edited by TheFirm

BP is little more than a healing/dps check. The actual strat is very simplistic. My group clears is on first or second try each day. I have good gear, average 130 rating or so stuff. But most others in my group are like 115-120 rating gear and we still make it work. The commander might hit enrage at the end but if you same defense cds for that moment you can finish off at least 5% or so right then. Mostly you just have to have perfect positioning for melee dps so tank dont get splashed by commander aoe and your healer should be able to keep up.

As far as the foundry bug, yeah, its stupid. It seems like they just added an extra 0 onto the dmg. I am annoyed that these things could not have been tested properly for them to be rolled out as they are. Give it a month and a lot of it will be gone I am sure. If the flashpoints are different on each side it is inevitable there will be some imbalance in how many are perfectly tuned. The game still has that new game smell though, give it time.

BP is little more than a healing/dps check. The actual strat is very simplistic. My group clears is on first or second try each day. I have good gear, average 130 rating or so stuff. But most others in my group are like 115-120 rating gear and we still make it work. The commander might hit enrage at the end but if you same defense cds for that moment you can finish off at least 5% or so right then. Mostly you just have to have perfect positioning for melee dps so tank dont get splashed by commander aoe and your healer should be able to keep up.

As far as the foundry bug, yeah, its stupid. It seems like they just added an extra 0 onto the dmg. I am annoyed that these things could not have been tested properly for them to be rolled out as they are. Give it a month and a lot of it will be gone I am sure. If the flashpoints are different on each side it is inevitable there will be some imbalance in how many are perfectly tuned. The game still has that new game smell though, give it time.

with an average of 130 gear any party should be able to faceroll boarding party. because the only way to improve this gear is to get tier 3 equip. this makes BP runs pointless unless you're interessted in those crafting ingredients.

Revan seriously needs to be fixed ASAP. Tried this boss several times now, with good geared people, everyone on mumble/ventrilo. It's impossible.

There's just no way for us to kill this boss, even after having the tank pop cd's, shielding him etc.

I did a PUG Eternity Vault last night with WAY more success (4/5) than trying to do a HM on the Empire side. The only HM that's doable is Black Talon. Boarding Party, Illum, Foundry...

These bugs need to be fixed. Eternity Vault is a trial to complete in itself. Not because the bosses are difficult, but because it's so damn buggy. The first boss wouldn't spawn, so we had to run our and reset the instance. The 2nd boss was bugged, and 1 shotting ppl outside the instance, so we had to reset again, and re-clear the trash.

3rd boss went well, except after we looted the chest, it never despawned, and therfore we had to make the run from the previous speeder landing zone every time aftr a wipe.

4th boss (council) had to be reset, because after engaging 1 time, they were locked on that target regardless of wipe.

I am really enjoying this game, but the state of bugs and gameplay (ability delay) is quite disappointing. I really hope they fix this soon. The game has alot of potential, but patience in todays gaming is not abundant.

-To kill Boarding Party bosses you can do what we did; Kill Engineer then the commander, you will get quest completed and get your token, chest will be un-lootable however.

We have tried to kill this boss in the correct order and on top of the chest with no luck but one of our hard mode groups actually managed to loot it somehow.

DPS Revan as normal to 50% this is when he will do his 1st Lightning Storm, keep bruning him down.

-At around 30% or 10seconds after he finishes his Storm cast your assassin needs to Grab aggro and pop his "shield wall" (the spell that lasts 3seconds).

-Revan will channel Lightning Strike (this is the ability that 1-shots), interrupt it and DPS him down.

-Revan will 1-shot 2 people shortly after, no way to deal with this unless you have a 2nd Assassin.

- As soon as his storm ends burn him down to 4% and prey the script triggers correctly.

Just did it, when he popped his shield, iv put my pet on passive and stopped attacking him. Script triggered and Revan exploded.

All tanks have some soft of defensive cool down they can use. Upon reaching 50%, get your tank and other mitigation skills used about 3 seconds after force storm. Force lighting is usually cast around 7 seconds after force storm. Kick and burn revan to 20% (meteor phase) before the next one. The one tick of lighting should drop a tank to about a third but considering revan doesn't even hit very hard you should be fine.

I never said they weren't "doable" but how they are, its really not worth wasting time trying to get these bosses down when it shouldn't be an issue. We shouldn't have to do some strange tactic in order to complete the boss.

All i really want is some ETA on when i can see these bosses functioning like their supposed to.

Edited by ImApologetic

Spent 2 hours on Revan alone last night. I tanked it and my gear is fairly good and should be perfect for Hard modes (Half 50 epics and the other half 49 epics or 50 blues). Beating him is complete RNG. This needs to be fixed. I have no idea how this fight passed Quality Control.

I haven't complained at all about this game thus far, but the bugs with the final bosses of BP and Foundry need to be fixed ASAP. If a patch hits and these haven't been addressed, I will be very disappointed. It holds the empire players at a standstill.

Spent 2 hours on Revan alone last night. I tanked it and my gear is fairly good and should be perfect for Hard modes (Half 50 epics and the other half 49 epics or 50 blues). Beating him is complete RNG. This needs to be fixed. I have no idea how this fight passed Quality Control.

I haven't complained at all about this game thus far, but the bugs with the final bosses of BP and Foundry need to be fixed ASAP. If a patch hits and these haven't been addressed, I will be very disappointed. It holds the empire players at a standstill.

Have fun in Hardmode/Nightmare raids.

One fix I'm thinking for HM BP is limiting the blast radius of the boss's grenade spam. That's what's killing people most of the time and forcing healers to hesitate because their heals put them within the blast zone. Why not just add 10m to heals from Operatives ( at least, not sure what Sorcerers specced with heals can range to ) so there's more of survival chance?

So what you're saying is glitch the game to get commendation credit. Well I kind of want my Unassembled Frontline Force Mainhand Lightsaber dang it. I think it's a terrible strategy but so far the only one to work for a fairly decent group. This is the problem, one shouldn't have to glitch the game to beat this FP - it needs to be fixed. Either the Commander's grenades need to get toned down or heal range needs to get boosted.

Edited by tXHereticXt

This boss is fine, honestly after you have some gear on your dps its pretty easy. Some things I have learned from it:

1. If you kill main boss and wipe your instance bugs and you can't enter (quest completes but you didn't kill boss)

How to do the fight:

- Have tank pick up healer/main boss

- Your 2 dps take the guy on the left (melee) and dps him til death like 40 meters away from the other bosses. This causes the main boss to not throw grenades on them and heals don't reach him.

- Healer should be able to out range bombs as well if tank is positioned properly but even then it is fine. Tank can guard the healer.

- I'm a Sith Jugg, I maintain aggro on the main guy with my splash and a few hits off the start then I switch to the healer full time dpsing him and interrupting heals (especially important if the melee decides to charge you).

- With my groups pretty good dps I can get the healer to around ~75% after the first guy dies we switch to healer. He dies really quick especially with interrupts

- After healer dies switch to main guy, you probably won't beat the enrage and the first grenade will kill who it targets (non tank). Your tank should have quite a few CDs ready for this to survive a decent amount. Just dps through it and kill him.

- A few nice reminders: Don't group up especially if you have all range. The grenade hitting one person is not a huge deal especially when only one boss is up. The problem is when all 3 people get hit.

- My group tried this place when both dps and healer hit 50 that day with no gear and kept wiping to enrage. When we came back the next day with more gear it was fine. (1 wipe maybe)

- GL!

Yeah but you're supposed to do boarding party to gear up. Not gear up to be able to do Boarding Party. The flash point is fine until the last boss in these 2 flash points. The level of difficulty spikes from easy in dragon age to a modded Nightmare + mode from the Black talon, The easiest flash point, To Boarding party, Supposedly the second easiest Flash point. You shouldn't have to bug the game to beat this. You also shouldn't have to gear up to be able to do this. This is where you gear up. Its kinda frustrating that the only flash point that is doable without good gear is Black talon. I hope this gets fixed.

Yeah but you're supposed to do boarding party to gear up. Not gear up to be able to do Boarding Party. The flash point is fine until the last boss in these 2 flash points. The level of difficulty spikes from easy in dragon age to a modded Nightmare + mode from the Black talon, The easiest flash point, To Boarding party, Supposedly the second easiest Flash point. You shouldn't have to bug the game to beat this. You also shouldn't have to gear up to be able to do this. This is where you gear up. Its kinda frustrating that the only flash point that is doable without good gear is Black talon. I hope this gets fixed.

The difficulty is not unreasonable. Even if it considered an earlier FP you can have gear from pvp, commendation gear from last 2ish planets, some BoE gear on top of any gear you can get from the 3 normal mode flash points as well as like Black Talon hard. Half the threads complain about content being too easy.

I did Boarding Party HM with 2 people from another guild yesterday, and a guildy DPS of mine.

We did the entire flashpoint with no problem at all, we even did the last boss on a 1shot, the healer(Sith Sorcerer) just healed through the damage.

Still no box though :(