Purples, purles, where art thou purples?

Rafkin

Reversed 17 blue earpieces with no purple schematic. Just bad luck? (Level 21 item)

What's your average number of reversals before getting purple?

The chances are stupid random, I had to re over 50 of a green item to get a blue schematic from it. You would think that the chances would improve with crafting skill level or something at least, I guess Bioware still has a lot to learn and a lot fix?

ive been getting blues and purples with in 1 - 5 re attempts with cybertech

I officially hate you now! :p I don't know if it has anything to do with the crafting type (I have artifice) or if it is in fact just that ridiculously random. Would like to see what some others are getting and with what crafting choices they have. I have got some to give me an upgrade schematic within 10 attempts or less but most have been 20 or more attempts.

I use method: make 5 -> RE -> if no schematic repeat

And most of the time get schematic at third iteration or earlier.

It's random so method doesn't affect your chances, just prevents frustration if you RE 50 items and gain nothing.

That's from cybertech, in armortech got much more luck, but this might be because how RE works for equipment(as in, RE one item can lead to different schematics gained)

I can get purple hands, boots, chest pieces, legs but NO DARN BELTS. I am on my 225 blue belt and not one purple. Make reverse engineer, Make reverse engineer, Make reverse engineer, Make reverse engineer, Make reverse engineer. Not 1 purple belt.

I can make one blue chest piece than reverse engineer it and BAM purple chest piece. Go figure! Armor skill up to 260 and have every other purple piece except belts.

Cant make a belt for the life of me.

Guys here is a hint... I was REing my crafting stuff in stacks. Then I seperated my stacks out to single items, and guess what... I got recipes quicker that way.

I know most dont have stacks but just a heads up if you do that might help.

Reversed 17 blue earpieces with no purple schematic. Just bad luck? (Level 21 item)

What's your average number of reversals before getting purple?

I haven't gotten a purple earpiece ever, and they're all I craft pretty much at this point.

However, I do get ones that have (Advanced) added at the end, and these have 1 open Augment slot. They're still blue, but are superior to the normal blues you get.

Mods I get purples from like others in the thread have stated, but that's not what the OP was asking.

The chances are stupid random, I had to re over 50 of a green item to get a blue schematic from it. You would think that the chances would improve with crafting skill level or something at least, I guess Bioware still has a lot to learn and a lot fix?

Yeah I agree, I think Bioware should add a counting system to this, for each time you fail a RE, you should get a certain hidden value that eventually leads to a critical success or something.

They already got it for dialogue, so why not crafting as well...