augmentation kits-where to find them!

diamonius

armormech, armstech and synthweaver make all the augmentation kits (MK-1 to 6).

As a general piece of advice, do not worry about augmentations until you're level 50. They were added in patch 1.3 so the leveling curve was tuned without taking them into account.

If you happen to get an augmentation slot while crafting, take advantage of it if you find a cheap augmentation, but since it requires much effort to produce the kit and the augmentation don't go out of your way to slot augments on all of your gear while leveling.

Where can i find augmentation slot kits mk 4?

Like he said, it's not really worth it to spend alot on them while leveling. I personally don't bother with anything less than MK-6. Legacy gear and anything you happen to like the look of. Otherwise it's not really worth the effort.

In more detail :

The crafters mentioned above generate augment slot parts when they reverse-engineer their crafted items (which you usually do to learn new schematics). So, you take this augment slot pieces (several of them) and a leaned schematic to create an augment slot (1,2,3,4,5,6). You then have to go to a mod station to add this augment slot to a piece of armor (and pay for it). If you add a mark-1 slot, you can equip mark 1 augments. You then have to replace it with a mark-2 slot to equip mark-2 (better) augments... etc. All this process cost credits galore.

So, lots of work/credits to put the mark-1 on to then replace it with mark-2... you get the story. So most people just wait till the get to mark-6 range and just create/equip the best one. Spend the money once.

As said, if you happen to get an item with already an augment slot on it, hey, more points never hurt. But even then they have to be upgraded to use better augments.

If you craft gear for alts, like I do, you will find yourself with a lot of the parts to make augmentation kits.

What I typically do is when I craft purple gear for said alts, is if that crafting process does not generate an augment slot by itself, I make an augmentation kit for the gear.

Or as already stated if I find a piece of orange gear that I really like the look of, I will make an augmentation kit for that piece and upgrade the slot as needed.

You can simply go to the GTN and type "augmentation" into the search field; you will need to tab way over towards the last few pages before you will begin to see MK6 augmentation kits. The MK6 kits will usually cost you anywhere from 30K to 40K credits on the GTN - PLUS - the cost to actually install the MK6 slot on your equipment is right at 30K credits per slot (adding a slot will also consume the kit)

You will spend a ton of credits going from MK1-2-3-4-5-6

If you wait until your character is able to utilize the MK6 Augmentations, install the slots one time and save money

You can't just install a Mk V or VI at low level?

The old notes (from 1.03) I found said that you can slot in any augment level or lower. I.e., if you slot your orange gear with a MK VI, you'll never have to upgrade it again, until you hit the level cap and find something better.

That's how I understood it, but I'm reading notes from 5 months ago.

You can simply go to the GTN and type "augmentation" into the search field; you will need to tab way over towards the last few pages before you will begin to see MK6 augmentation kits. The MK6 kits will usually cost you anywhere from 30K to 40K credits on the GTN - PLUS - the cost to actually install the MK6 slot on your equipment is right at 30K credits per slot (adding a slot will also consume the kit)

You will spend a ton of credits going from MK1-2-3-4-5-6

If you wait until your character is able to utilize the MK6 Augmentations, install the slots one time and save money

Not to sound really slow, but where is this magical GTN I keep hearing about? I have a lvl 25 sith assn and have yet to see a npc/store that will help me use the mk# slots I've collected or let me search for anything.

Other than that, thanks for the info, I was wondering if I should bother since I get new equipment every few hours. Seems like I'll just wait and lvl for a while.

GTN is short for Galactic Trade Network. It's a series of kiosks that allow people to put up their goods for sale.

The easiest one to access is on the fleet. Open up the map and look for the GTN area. Every kiosk you see is tied to the same network so if you see a GTN kiosk, it's the same as every other one in the game.

Use the filters on the left side of the screen and you can pretty much hone your search to as tight parameters as you want.

To answer someone else's question about using high level aug kits, yes you can. If you have orange moddable gear, that you like the look of, it's actually smarter to pay the higher cost for MK-6 augment kits (if you can afford them - it's expensive) and then just put in whatever augment is appropriate for your level. The augment kit doesn't change the level requirement of the gear. The gear's level requirement is determined by the level requirement of the modifications and augments in it. Simply put, you can have a level 50 augment kit (MK-6) and put a level 9 augment in it if you wish. In that case the level requirement to use the gear would be level 9.