Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

JediFlux

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while it being heavy related to kills, it punishes sillyness to hard.

every time I see my team is not doing to well on killing part, I go and ninja enemy gate. one round with their gate dead = win.

dunno why, but usually, if second round other team is higher score, they think we suck and leave no one to guard... silly. just silly.

They need to make a patch to where orbs mean more than kills

What I mean is - if one team is getting tons of kills but ignoring balls, while other team dies alot but captures the balls, the second team wins.

It would be nice to see a dev comment on what they think about all this and there goals with the warzone

Something definitely needs to change about the orbs. Between the cast time to get one, how easily you are interrupted, and the long walk back to your node, they are simply a waste of time that would be better spent deathmatching.

Yeah that explains why the wz narrator gives us instructions to only kill. :rolleyes:

All I know is every media release I've heard about this place, including that latest interview with the PVP dev, calls the warzone more of a death match oriented warzone. My understanding is it's even basically a direct copy of a War Hammer zone where the main point was, you guessed it, Team Death Match.

Again, you don't have to like it, and it definitely favors teams with healers vs those who don't even moreso perhaps than other warzones, but you can't pretend that they hadn't said it was gonna be a deathmatch warzone months before release.

The more and more you play it you see that taking the balls to your side is pretty much useless. If you do that you probably are going to lose since then all your people at mid are going to all die a few times while people are spread out. It is a useless mechanic in normals. If this was ranked only I could understand the dynamic of the kills being important, however as it stands now in normals it is utterly silly the way the kill system works in a zone like this. Just eliminate it and make the balls the real way to score the points. It is the only logical way to make this thing less silly with the whole gear/composition thing meaning everything.

Back in launch time i developed a hate for huttball until i got smart and learned the classes and not huttball is my favorite wz. This new one...is garbage. I think the only way to make it even enjoyable for me would to have more people in it. OR make is smaller...seriously what the point of that marthon run to get the node capured then run to grab and orb then back......

The warzone works ok in ranked because teams tend to be made up of a good composition so there is not a huge kill disparity. The issue that we keep bringing up is the issue of normals. Normal queue is where this warzone with the kill system with points just makes very little sense.

To toss my two cents in I would agree the orb count needs to be higher or the orbs need to spawn faster. I would also put out there since you need to guard your pylon from stealthers and rushers, they need to put in a defender bonus for guarding it. Otherwise the guard gets little and there is no incentive to guard it. Ive seen a lot of people abandon the pylon to get medals/kills. With you having to leave the pylon because of discharge its going to slow down defender point gain anyways (which still plays into the whole team death match aspect),but this gives people a reason to guard it. I have seen this happen on both sides in pug's. Its a suggestion at least and it would add a bit more incentive to have a strategy that includes people guarding the pylon while stopping the complaints at having to guard. Edited by Ravenschild

The warzone works ok in ranked because teams tend to be made up of a good composition so there is not a huge kill disparity. The issue that we keep bringing up is the issue of normals. Normal queue is where this warzone with the kill system with points just makes very little sense.

This. Basically if you don't have heals, or your team doesn't do a good job of focusing the heals, its over. This is especially true on our server as imperials never really queue without heals, and we have multiple healer/smashbomber premades to contend with.

I know recently we've tried controlling both turrets, or preventing a cap of the enemies turrets, but if that goes bad, and sometimes it does, it looks like not only do they get the points for capping, but all the kills up until then because their score always passes ours significantly. You could delay, but in the end its still the kills that matter. Orbs need to be fixed to where they provide a significantly higher boost to your score than kills do. Kills should be secondary, not primary. This map favors certain compositions, which isn't necessarily fair given that you are paired with random players unless you premade with certain roles only for the sole purpose of beating this map. (3+ heals doesn't do you well in other warzones as our imperial counterparts no doubt figured out. ;) )

Personally on impside if I see two other healers I do my best to respec to dps in time. Trust me, 3 heals on your team is no more fun for us then you guys, it's really annoying

Also I feel like bioware will amp up the orbs in the map. If not then they should be removed since they serve no point anway

Pls, tell me - capture speed and time after capture not awarded by points?

imps pylon captured

6 reps died around our pylon

40-60sec

reps pylon captured without orbs

and we have less points :confused:

You don't make any sense? Which side are you on?

You only get points if you have a pylon. You only get to keep those points when the pylons explode.

So if you enemy captures your pylon then all the points that you have accumulated for that round while the pylon is yours, disappears.

This wz is all about kiling the red. I've had hypergates when my team gets 2 capped at the end of a round but because we killed the opposing team so much we got away with it as long as we kept a pylon the next round (ie we'd stil be ahead as long as we kept a pylon)

Does this bother me.. well.. no :D other then the 0 objective points at the end ofc that i receive for killing all those idiots that are distracted with orbs on the other team instead of RED.

Edited by AngusFTW

• 10 months later...
Each WZ is different. Is that so bad? They each require different things and not everyone will enjoy all 4. I hardly see a reason to complain here.

NC - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes

Voidstar - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes

Huttball - Your ability to navigate obstacles and score

Hypergate - Your ability to kill

Its a deathmatch WZ. You may not like it, but I don't think its asking to much for people to just chill out and let us deathmatchers enjoy the map. If anything, the complaint should be that you want a way to avoid a certain map, not that the map should be removed.

On a side note, I enjoy coming up with ways to win the new WZ. It seems like many people are lemmings with no motivation whatsoever, and really are clueless on that map. They just run around at random because they can't be bothered to stop and think about what would help them win. I feel like by suggesting a strategy to my team, we already know a secret that the other team doesn't know.

But it is not a pure deathmatch, in that the totals aren't added to your overall score until the pylon detonation and reset. In that way, it is a hybrid "deathmatch"-"hierarchical objective" based game. As such, the Pylons are the primary goals; deaths are secondary goals; and orbs are tertiary goals -- in that order.

When the descriptions were posted, the devs called it a convergence map. And, that is an accurate description. The problem is that most players do not realize that it is convergence at the middle. It is convergence on the pylon zones first -- followed by the middle. Consequently, most players are not playing the optimum strategy for this particular warzone (perhaps due to habits developed in the other wzs).

Edited by Grue_Hunter