if you could recast anikan skywalker right now

JoshuaSmith

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayden was perfect imo. Highlight would have to be when he got chopped in two by Obi-Wan, his screaming and the "I HATE YOU!!"... You could feel he really was enraged. I think during that moment Hayden really believed he did hate him haha.

Though for the sake of the thread... James Franco.

Seriously, if they keep the same dialogue and director, whoever they would get to play Anakin would be at a severe disadvantage as far as the part goes. Sad to say it, but that whole movie was trainwreck to watch because of the garbage dialogue each actor was given. The novelisation is a LOT better.

Tbh, the only good guy with any good dialogue whatsoever was Obi-Wan. Best line AND delivery, however, goes to Christopher Lee right after he flipped over the railing: "Gentlemen, your swords, please. We wouldn't want to make a mess in front of the Chancellor." So cool and delivered with such class, I half expected Anakin and Obi-Wan to say "Ok, here ya go." lol

You know non of you know how much better Anakin character would have been had it been casted differently. I mean for all you know it could have been far worse. I have seen great actors in roles that turned out to be god awful.

The truth is Hayden Christensen did a good job playing the role he was given. The truth is the acting in EP 4-6 were not much better. Actually I think the acting was much better in Ep 1-3 then in EP 4-6. Most of use grew up on Star Wars so were kind of bias and of course we will see it as some great performance but it really wasn't. That is just my opinion any way.

You know non of you know how much better Anakin character would have been had it been casted differently. I mean for all you know it could have been far worse. I have seen great actors in roles that turned out to be god awful.

The truth is Hayden Christensen did a good job playing the role he was given. The truth is the acting in EP 4-6 were not much better. Actually I think the acting was much better in Ep 1-3 then in EP 4-6. Most of use grew up on Star Wars so were kind of bias and of course we will see it as some great performance but it really wasn't. That is just my opinion any way.

You say Ep 1-3 acting was better then Sir Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing?

Realy? So for you acting is flayling around with your hands?

Hayden Christensen was too small, way too smal. And espacially WAY TO SKINNY.

Someone like Joe Manganiello would be better. At least he knows how to look intense.

Edited by Karenai