Clarification Request; Nvidia GeForce Promotion

JennyFlynn

Since there's some confusion and questions;

• Is it a win chance when you meet the criteria or, is it a chance now but once you meet the criteria, guaranteed? Seems to be some confusion about this, I'd assume the former given the wording of the post but clarification might be nice.
  • Is this only for newly registered Nvidia GeForce users or do already existing members using GeForce stand a chance as well?
  • How many packs will be given away?
  • Why are certain countries excluded?
  • Will something be done in the future for those using a different GPU?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exclusion of certain countries from any giveaway (not just this one) is typically because of laws in those particular countries which prohibit things of that nature; giveaways, contests, etc., and NOT because the sponsoring company has a vendetta, or some other such silly idea, against the people in the excluded countries. Edited by TalonMacLeod

The exclusion of certain countries from any giveaway (not just this one) is typically because of laws on those particular countries, which prohibit things of that nature; giveaways, contests, etc., and NOT because the sponsoring company has a vendetta, or some other such silly idea, against the people in the excluded countries.

Oh, I'm aware but there are those folks who don't accept that answer unless it's said by a dev. :rolleyes:

• Is it a win chance when you meet the criteria or, is it a chance now but once you meet the criteria, guaranteed? Seems to be some confusion about this, I'd assume the former given the wording of the post but clarification might be nice.
  • Is this only for newly registered Nvidia GeForce users or do already existing members using GeForce stand a chance as well?

It's a promotion. Not a contest. So one could rightly assume that any who register and/or log in to their accounts will be able to get the code (someone with a pre-existing Nvidia Experience account can probably verify the accuracy of that).

It's a promotion. Not a contest. So one could rightly assume that any who register and/or log in to their accounts will be able to get the code (someone with a pre-existing Nvidia Experience account can probably verify the accuracy of that).

Yes, but when the Facebook post says "Join GeForce by December 13th for a chance to", the article says "creating an account by December 13, 2017 for a chance to receive" and the Nvidia website says "This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members", you kind of start to wonder if it's "for all" or, as stated, a chance for select community members.

You might be right, perhaps we're putting too much stock in the term "a chance" but that is the whole reason for asking for clarification rather than everyone theorizing back and forth on what it does and doesn't mean. And no one can verify any of this until December 13th when the codes will be delivered in-app, which is also the cut off date for this promo.

Yes, but when the Facebook post says "Join GeForce by December 13th for a chance to", the article says "creating an account by December 13, 2017 for a chance to receive" and the Nvidia website says "This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members", you kind of start to wonder if it's "for all" or, as stated, a chance for select community members.

You might be right, perhaps we're putting too much stock in the term "a chance" but that is the whole reason for asking for clarification rather than everyone theorizing back and forth on what it does and doesn't mean. And no one can verify any of this until December 13th when the codes will be delivered in-app, which is also the cut off date for this promo.

Ah, I didn't catch that "Chance" part. So yeah, a lot of verification is needed on this. It does seem rather stupid.

I can already see the "I have GeForce where's my stuff" posts.

Yeah, I'm predicting 4-6 threads on the front page alone on 12/13 regarding:

• Users with Intel/AMD graphics cards crying foul
  • Users in excluded countries blaming nvidia/bioware
  • GeForce Community members who just didn't get a code

No you're incorrect. It's a contest. This is not a promotion from BW. They've just partnered with BW.

Nvidia is in control of the event. IF you go to their page on that item it states:

HOW WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A GIVEAWAY?

This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members on December 13. Codes will expire on December 31.

This is not a guaranteed win/promotion. You have to win it. I'm sure if you look at their page you will see the win odds posted somewhere there.

It's most likely an nVidia promotion involving SWTOR, not a BW promotion involving nVidia. If you want answers, it's probably best to ask nVidia.

Exactly. ^He knows what's up.

Also going to Nvidia's page via the link on SWTOR's write up tells you what you need to know. :D

No you're incorrect. It's a contest. This is not a promotion from BW. They've just partnered with BW.

Nvidia is in control of the event. IF you go to their page on that item it states:

HOW WILL I KNOW IF I RECEIVED A GIVEAWAY?

This giveaway will be delivered via notification within the GeForce Experience client to select community members on December 13. Codes will expire on December 31.

This is not a guaranteed win/promotion. You have to win it. I'm sure if you look at their page you will see the win odds posted somewhere there.

And this is probably the reason at least Finland is excluded. It's essentially a lottery, and in Finland, you can't have a lottery like that unless people have a way to enter it without buying your product.

I wouldn't be so pissed if it wasn't the first (and possibly the only) chiss-themed mount we get... Reskin for the next cartel pack, please? x.x

Did you not see that I had already acknowledged that I missed the part where it said "chance?" I never said it was a promotion by BW, either. Are you purposefully trolling me?

Thank you though, Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

Edited by Elliraen

Did you not see that I had already acknowledged that I missed the part where it said "chance?" Or are you purposefully trolling me?

Thank you though, Captain Obvious. :rolleyes:

You were not clear on what was stated & others posted further on stating the same misinformation. IF you don't like information posted not my problem. :rolleyes:

You were not clear on what was stated & others posted further on stating the same misinformation. IF you don't like information posted not my problem. :rolleyes:

What? I acknowledged that it was a chance give-away and that further information was needed. That's a pretty damn clear response to Jenny's post. And what others posted after me is irrelevant to your response to my first post. So yeah, you're just trolling at this point.

Edited by Elliraen

• Dev Post

• How many packs will be given away?
  • Why are certain countries excluded?
  • Will something be done in the future for those using a different GPU?

Happy to provide some clarification!

• There is a chance to receive a code, if you meet the criteria. Recipients are selected by Nvidia and are given out on 12/13 via a notification in GeForce Experience app. Not everyone who qualifies will receive the pack.
  • All accounts, not just new ones.
  • A lot!
  • This is due to various reasons, most commonly outlined by the countries themselves or the company running the giveaway (NVidia in this instance). If someone from a country that is not in one of NVIDIA’s participating country has a valid code, they will still be able to redeem it on swtor.com.
  • We are always looking for new promotional opportunities. Although nothing is planned right now, there is always that possibility in the future.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

• There is a chance to receive a code, if you meet the criteria. Recipients are selected by Nvidia and are given out on 12/13 via a notification in GeForce Experience app. Not everyone who qualifies will receive the pack.

-eric

Follow-up: is your body prepared for the wave of complaints on 12/13 from those not chosen? :rak_04:

• All accounts, not just new ones.
  • A lot!
  • This is due to various reasons, most commonly outlined by the countries themselves or the company running the giveaway (NVidia in this instance). If someone from a country that is not in one of NVIDIA’s participating country has a valid code, they will still be able to redeem it on swtor.com.
  • We are always looking for new promotional opportunities. Although nothing is planned right now, there is always that possibility in the future.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

Thank you very much for taking the time to clear a few things up Eric! :)

Follow-up: is your body prepared for the wave of complaints on 12/13 from those not chosen? :rak_04:

Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)

Lemme just save you the time. This is a super super lame way to get people to download an app. Just offer the code. I can't believe EA and SWTOR are this invested in GAMBLING. Even a free giveaway has to be RNG BS.

EA just lost between THREE BILLION AND SIX BILLION dollars in stock from this gambling nonsense. What do they do? They double down. (Get it?... double down)

This contest is sponsored by Nvidia not EA or SWTOR and therefore Nvidia is the one that decides how many codes they will send out, not EA or SWTOR.

Not to mention it was originally announced 12.06.2017. They can hardly take it back now simply because of BF2.

This contest is sponsored by Nvidia not EA or SWTOR and therefore Nvidia is the one that decides how many codes they will send out, not EA or SWTOR.

The promotion is being run in conjunction with the game so they are party to the promotion be it good or bad.

I for one would rather that cosmetic and other game rewards be attained inside the gameplay itself. If its something anyone can do such as Like and share a facebook post or watch their advert or whatever I'd be somewhat supportive of the promotion but I don't like to see promotions such as this that divide the playerbase rather than unite and enlarge it.

but I don't like to see promotions such as this that divide the playerbase rather than unite and enlarge it.

You must be new here. Allow me to welcome you to the SWTOR forums where everything divides the community.

Edited by kodrac