Effect of transfers on the GTN/market?

GnatB

Just wondering what effect the transfers have had on the market that other people have noticed? I was on a destination server, and what I've noticed:

From what I've seen, as a general rule:

Anything that's more than minimal effort has plummeted in price (i.e. spaceship parts)

Anything that's slightly hard to learn/make has dramatically increased in price.

Haven't really been paying all THAT much attention to mat prices (yet). I've always been almost entirely self sufficient in this regards. I haven't noticed that my "extras" seem to sell fairly quickly.

Prices on spaceship upgrades has fallen through the floor.

Demand for blue earpieces has gone up. Had to increase prices some to keep up with demand, and am actually selling some (correctly RE'd) purple ones for a profit. (well, profit vs. old mat prices, anyways. From what I saw it looked like mando prices were still sitting at about 10k per though.)

Augmented crafteable sales in general have gone way up. I've doubled prices on most items and am still having trouble keeping up with demand. (still surprised there aren't more low level characters churning this stuff out while they can. I thought my original prices were rediculously overpriced, now it's rediculously overpriced x 2)

22 artifact augments themselves have gone WAY up. Still trying to find a good pricepoint. Already doubled my pre-transfer asking price (where the things sold slow enough that my mat gathering was just a bit ahead of sales), and they still sell out immediately. Checked the mat prices, and no idea if they're actually going for that much, but they're priced at just about what I'm selling the finished augments for. And unlike pre-transfer, when there were virtually none available for sale, (or if there were 1 or 2, they'd be priced at about what the finished augment were going for), there are oodles of 'em for sale at that price. (checking other peoples augment prices, they're all around mine though... So again, not sure what's going on. Maybe just the particular one I've been starting with is going for more than other 22's? (I tend to price 'em all the same since they use the same mat. Why sell those mats for a 40k (or w/e) accuracy version than a 90k (or w/e) overkill one. Price 'em all the same, and if they're selling too fast. Raise 'em all. Sure, may end up "sitting" on some 90k (or w/e) oddball ones, but it makes it easy to keep track of... and the mat prices will presumably raise based on the expensive one, so if people want those oddball ones, they'll have to pay prices that compete with the good ones eventually.

Crafted blue synthweaving armor seems to have remained relatively static. Lvl 49 purple "correctly RE'd" synthweaving armor seems to be experiencing increased demand. Selling a few pieces a day at a reasonable profit.

Blue armormech armor seems to have taken a bit of a jump, but so far I've been able to keep up with the increased demand.

Blue and (correctly RE'd) purple implants have taken a significant jump in demand. Had to just about double prices on the implants to keep up with demand, and am selling purple ones (even non augmented) with fairly good regularity.

So, any observations on what others have seen?

I'm also on Ebon Hawk (from Adraas). I've noticed that stuff is actually selling finally. Prices overall are down a bit but I think that's a good thing. On Adraas, crafters were overcharging to compensate for the week something would sit before it was sold and for the cost of the six items that never sold for the one that finally did.

I went from an almost dead server (Soresu) to a slightly over populated one (at least on Fleet).

There is a LOT more selection on the new servers GTN, but there has also been an influx of T7 mats. The market is getting flooded with them and the prices are dropping like crazy. Some items (Alien Data Cube?)went from 250k to 25k in a couple of days.

I'm on The Harbinger, that's now full and a wait to get in, in the evening. I'm sure that will eventually pass, but as for the GTN, I notice a dearth in lower level items and the sparse amount were all very expensive. My guess is someone is playing the AH slot machine. :rak_03:

I'm on Corellian Run and I've been trying to sell an Advanced Magenta Indestructible Crystal (+41 END) for weeks. I was finally able to offload it yesterday within 2 hours of re-posting it at 450k.

Nice, that would likely be due to my former server (Thana Vesh) having transfers to yours. I'd been selling lower-level Magenta crystals there so there are probably a bunch of people looking for an upgrade. I still need to get the +41 schems, though I have the rest.

Edited by Telanis

Just landed in the Nightmare lands from Frostclaw and although there are a lot more sellers and buyers the rules are the same.

Players are still selling items without any clue of what they are sellling for in the market place. So thats ultra cheap augments and rare mats, coupled with insanse over pricing on item's most sell for trash.

But the over riding theme is players preparing for the patch 1.3. Those of you who have not already found out what the changes are and the effect on trading should hide yourself in shame. The information is already out on the web, right down to the materials needed for everything.

But as a recomendation. Here is what I am working on.

The limiting of augments and augment slots to certain levels of the armour/weapons = The death of low level augmented orange crafting = dump what you have and don't craft.

The cost of using the augment tables to add augments to everything = 25k an item at level 50 = very high demand for the kits in the first 7 to 10 days (materials are not that hard to get, are pretty cheap, so you don't need the table, don't lose the 25k and so have a pretty good idea of the top price these kits will sell for).

Augments with everything, the ability to add a large boost to every item from relics, to weapons to armour + the low drop rate of level 6 purple materials needed to craft augments (crit delivers 3 a mission, you need 4 an augment) = huge initial demand for augments with limited supply = watch prices go stupid, main stat boosts like will power, strength 100-150k each easy in the 1st few days. I'mean based on what I can see on the trader today, our server can equip about 4 players before running out of stock. Count up the amount of items that can add slots and then see how many players you can fully equip from your trader. If you do the sums you will see there is no way demand can be met.

Changes to materials needed stims and new high level stims = High initial demand before people work out the new max level stims are not worth the increase in materials = people dumping level 5 Biotech materials (no longer needed), higher pirces for level 6 (you need more)

So in summary.

Buy crafting materials for Augments, missions to get augment rares, cheap listed augments

Send your friends on level 6 Biochem, level 6 slicing missions

Don't get sucked into the black hole that is more orange crafted armour recipies. Demand will be low, when you can join a pug, get a better free purple and throw an augment in.

Edited by abercromb

I'm also on Ebon Hawk (from Adraas). I've noticed that stuff is actually selling finally. Prices overall are down a bit but I think that's a good thing. On Adraas, crafters were overcharging to compensate for the week something would sit before it was sold and for the cost of the six items that never sold for the one that finally did.

This.

I am on the EbonHawk, i have found more items that i can actually use now at mid levels. But some thing are just way over priced (ie. Lvl 2 green companion gifts that are more than Lvl 5 blues or even purples of the same type)

Assuming that's not hyperbole, that's just stupid. lvl 2 green companion gifts can be purchased from vendors for something like 500 credits. Though I guess it could be an odd way to launder gold seller money.

Well, since the Correlian Run transfers just hit yesterday (I was a transferee, not a resident), the GTN there is... chaotic at best. Way too much stuff being posted at the GTN default price. Almost all T5 prototype quality gifts have shown up at that price (my normal prices pre-transfer ranged from 3250-4500 credits, and few people tried undercutting me). If the volume isn't too high, I'll buy it out and post at my normal prices, but when I'm looking at a solid wall of one type of gift at the default price, I'll let someone else try to manhandle the market.

Since I'm not grinding as many gifts as I was before the transfer, I'm doing a lot more slicing for missions. Even there, the prices are chaotic, and significantly lower than the pre-transfer prices I'm used to. 340 artifact slicing missions are already below 25K, and that's the highest price. Heck, I've picked up every type of 340 mission except slicing for the default GTN price at least once. OK, I could be picking up investigation, and I've actually sold a few of those for 12K or so, but my backstock on those is so high I'm not interested in buying more hoping to turn them around for a profit.

Don't get sucked into the black hole that is more orange crafted armour recipies. Demand will be low, when you can join a pug, get a better free purple and throw an augment in.

I've actually stockpiled a handful of augmented good looking low level stuff with a cheapo green lvl 49 augment stuck in them to "preserve the slot". Some people actually care about looks, and much of the low level stuff looks better than the high level.

that being said, orange crafted stuff is selling for so fast & so much over cost of mats, that (IMO) I'd have to be an idiot to stop selling them, when it looks like it's (at least) a week away from 1.3 dropping.

Though admittedly, I'm thinking I should probably start thinking about stopping restocking the lvl 50 gloves/boots, and start saving up the grade 6 mats for augment kits making. Just *really* wish I had some idea when 1.3 is going to drop. I assume it'll be on a Thursday morning, and we'll probably have at least 2 days warning about a Thursday patch. (so probably not this week). Haven't really read about all that many serious issues (other than balance whining) on the PTS forums, which to me sort of indicates it could be as early as next week. Ideally, I'd like about a week or so to finished emptying out my augmented low level stuff/getting prepped for 1.3... so, I'm torn. I have a plethora of low level mats that are going to become pretty darn useless once 1.3 hits, and I need to dump (preferably before then)

Observation: A significant drop in the listing prices of mid range (late 20s - early 40s) gear. A lot of the high end gear is being listed at pre-merge prices. Speculation: Demand can sustain it.

Confession: I spent nearly a half million on what I perceived to be underpriced crafting missions and grade 6 slicing mats.

My lower level crafted Mods and armor have been selling fast at a pretty good profit now. My biochem crafted stuff is taking alot longer to sell then before transfers, but my bioanalysis mats and diplomacy medical mats are selling within a day.

While I was gathering mats to craft mods and armor for my lower level alts, I was getting alot of purple underworld trading metals and I was able the same sell them for huge profits..... krayt dragon scales I sold for 10000 a piece.

I think most people would agree that there is a lot of opportunity at the moment to grab a bargin on the trader. Lots of people from dead servers relisting on new servers at the same old prices. I am still able to pick up the main level 49 purple augments for under 30k each, That's way below the cost of the materials. I suppose if you have deep pockets there is a lot of money to be made buying and sitting on stuff at the moment. The real test will be this weekend though. Lots of people still have not transferred accross to the new larger servers and I don't expect the patch to drop until that settles down a bit. So next week or the week after would be my quess.

I have noticed a ridiculous increase in the price of high level implants.

On my old server, crafted black hole implants (while being very rare) were between 300-500k. New server 1.5mil+.

Rakata implants, old server around 250k, new server 700k-1mil.

I'm very glad I picked up a few rakata and black hole items on the day before the server transfer.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Pretty similar to most from what I've seen on Red Eclipse after transferring from Arkanian Legacy.

Example - Alien cubes: there is one seller trying for 1m credits, and all prices below this down to about 250k.

In the early days I sold a lot of ship parts and accrued 1,000 or so units of quadranium, in blocks of 20 these are selling at the initial price (frankly with such a stock I'm happy recouping that outlay to any extent rather than profiteering it). On the old server, no one bought blue metals.

I'm on The Harbinger, that's now full and a wait to get in, in the evening. I'm sure that will eventually pass, but as for the GTN, I notice a dearth in lower level items and the sparse amount were all very expensive. My guess is someone is playing the AH slot machine. :rak_03:

A few months back I rolled two characters on Harbinger just to see what a high pop server was like. My original server was one of the dieing many. I was greatly surprised that the low level mats that I gathered along the way while questing were mostly sparce and in great demand. They all sold quickly for a good price. It surprised me. I leveled one of the characters to mid twenties and another to mid teens and stopped playing on Harbinger because my heart was with my characters on my old server. I did continue to log onto Harbnger from time to time and monitor mats and pricing and saw little change.

Yesterday, as fate would have it, I moved all of my characters over to Harbinger from my old server. That was a few days after mostly everyone had transferred from my server and most of the others that had merged into Harbinger. A quick look at the GTN showed no real change in the low level mat area.

I don't think that anyone is playing the GTN. My wife and I are leveling alts right now. They are fully geared in at level augmented purples. To get the schematics for the purples sucks mats like a black hole when you start REing stuff (especially if you hit a string of bad luck) and then crafting gear until you hit the augment slot also sucks a ton of mats. So to us the accumulation and management of mats is an important part of craftng. It is hard to be self sufficient. So perhaps part of the scarcity of mats (at all levels) is the sheer number required to craft the best items possible.

In any case, my cargo holds are chock full of mats and I listed some stacks late yesterday after completing my transfers. I also have a good deal of purple gear and augmented blue that I crafted on the way to augmented purples. Today I will list some of the items to see if they sell. it will be interesting.

Edited by asbalana

Well, since the Correlian Run transfers just hit yesterday (I was a transferee, not a resident), the GTN there is... chaotic at best. Way too much stuff being posted at the GTN default price. Almost all T5 prototype quality gifts have shown up at that price (my normal prices pre-transfer ranged from 3250-4500 credits, and few people tried undercutting me). If the volume isn't too high, I'll buy it out and post at my normal prices, but when I'm looking at a solid wall of one type of gift at the default price, I'll let someone else try to manhandle the market.

Since I'm not grinding as many gifts as I was before the transfer, I'm doing a lot more slicing for missions. Even there, the prices are chaotic, and significantly lower than the pre-transfer prices I'm used to. 340 artifact slicing missions are already below 25K, and that's the highest price. Heck, I've picked up every type of 340 mission except slicing for the default GTN price at least once. OK, I could be picking up investigation, and I've actually sold a few of those for 12K or so, but my backstock on those is so high I'm not interested in buying more hoping to turn them around for a profit.

It is hard to tell over a short period of time. On my old server companion gift prices went up and down like an overheated yoyo. The prices would be high for a week and then drop though the floor to the point that it did not pay to list and that would hold for a week or so and then they would go way up again. I have a bunch of the companion gifts but try to stay away from them as much as possilble because I have found the profit to be small and the pricing volitile.

I have one full cargo bay full of crafting missions that I have not run yet. I do not sell them in. My exerience there has been that they hold their price pretty well, but a few times a week someone will come along and list at a crazy low price so I would snatch the mission up. I do get them from slicing as well. The value of the crafting missions is the cost of the mats that they produce. If grade 6 irons are going for 8 - 10K each and each UT mission will drop three to five of them, then they should go for at least 30K. If I see one below 25K then I will buy it without thought, run the mussion overnight or while a work and list the mats and make a sizable profit.

Finally got around to checking the prices of mats (well, at least green ones) on my server... and they are even more rediculously overpriced than they used to be.

(seriously, don't think I saw anything less than 600 per. Most were at least 1k per, with many up to 1.5k per. Is anybody actually stupid enough to pay that much?)

I threw a handful of stacks of 99 (of the "garbage" stuff I have, nextor crystals, etc. that are leftovers from churning out augmented lightsabers/lvl 19 armors, same with the leftover stufff from making augmented custom-buld stuff) up for substantially less, (but still way more than I would ever consider paying for them), and within a couple hours they had been purchased by the same people selling for those rediculous prices. I can only assume they're trying to hold the market hostage/corner it or something, and don't realize that even if people are too busy to gather themselves, they can just run missions for their mats at FAR cheaper prices?

Just wondering what effect the transfers have had on the market that other people have noticed? I was on a destination server, and what I've noticed:

From what I've seen, as a general rule:

Anything that's more than minimal effort has plummeted in price (i.e. spaceship parts)

Anything that's slightly hard to learn/make has dramatically increased in price.

Haven't really been paying all THAT much attention to mat prices (yet). I've always been almost entirely self sufficient in this regards. I haven't noticed that my "extras" seem to sell fairly quickly.

(well, profit vs. old mat prices, anyways. From what I saw it looked like mando prices were still sitting at about 10k per though.)

Augmented crafteable sales in general have gone way up. I've doubled prices on most items and am still having trouble keeping up with demand. (still surprised there aren't more low level characters churning this stuff out while they can. I thought my original prices were ridiculously overpriced, now it's ridiculously overpriced x 2)

22 artifact augments themselves have gone WAY up. Still trying to find a good pricepoint. Already doubled my pre-transfer asking price (where the things sold slow enough that my mat gathering was just a bit ahead of sales), and they still sell out immediately. Checked the mat prices, and no idea if they're actually going for that much, but they're priced at just about what I'm selling the finished augments for.

Blue armormech armor seems to have taken a bit of a jump, but so far I've been able to keep up with the increased demand.

Very few if any things have dramatically increased in price.

Very common items have certainly decreased in price and gotten to a level that it makes no sense to make more of them. Expected.

Some mats are slightly cheaper, but most prices are around the same for mats. Manda is around 9-10k still, slightly lower than it was before the transfer.

But crafted purples and 22 purple augments are selling for WAY lower prices. The mats cost 80-95k and the augments are selling for 50-55k! I've generally listed my augments (and sold as many as I can stock usually) around 80-90k, but I just can't compete with all of the 50-55k augments atm.

Purple and augmented craftables have a noticeably stronger demand, but it hasn't really been to the point yet where I can't keep up. Price generally does not have a lot to do with it. If I list something for 125k vs 80k vs 90k within a week, the chance that it sells seems to be the same as long as there isn't an identical item on the GTN undercutting me.

What blue armor are you selling? I've generally been able to sell a small amount of lower level blue crafted gear, but I haven't even tried selling blue crafted lvl 49-50 gear. Does it actually sell?

340 slicing missions were down 10-15k after the transfers came in (to around 35-45k), but within only a few days now they are all over 60k.

I've picked up a lot of Investigation missions at or under the default price though. UT, slicing are both higher than normal. Scavenging is about the same.

Pretty similar to most from what I've seen on Red Eclipse after transferring from Arkanian Legacy.

Example - Alien cubes: there is one seller trying for 1m credits, and all prices below this down to about 250k.

I haven't checked the cubes. But I looked at the Dalarian crafted armor, which I never even had a reason to sell on my old server (no demand). The armor pieces themselves were listing for 25-30k, sometimes 50k! The biometric alloys were 100k and the purple cell mat was 50k. I couldn't understand why the purple, more rare mat was half the price. And of course I didn't craft any items that took 250k in mats and sold for 25-50k!!!

What blue armor are you selling? I've generally been able to sell a small amount of lower level blue crafted gear, but I haven't even tried selling blue crafted lvl 49-50 gear. Does it actually sell?

My sythweaver sells the last non lvl 49 set or so defensive (i.e. redoubt) heavy & either critical or overkill stopping at lvl 45. (I've learned the offensive medium and defensive light schematics in that range too for alts, but only make it to order. Not enough GTN slots, with all the orange & purple lv 49 stuff I have up. I suspect there's probably more money in the medium sales, but, well, my mains a guardian tank, so supporting the tanks.)

My armormech sells defensive & offensive heavy, and offensive (which is basically the same as healing) medium in approximately the same level range. Hven't yet started serious work on learning purples, was holding off until increased odds of 1.2.. then holding off until I'd at least get augment kit parts back in 1.3...

And yeah, I assumed from the getgo that blue lvl 49 stuff wouldn't sell (people would just wait to save up (if needed) to get purple) and figured people would just skip the lvl 47 stuff as "almost there" mentality.