UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

omaan

I play on SF, and haven't replied so far because

1. I didn't want to be ridiculed here

2. My sample size is statistically meaningless and ergo cannot support any argument as to trends in solo ranked

That said, I have done about 6 SR matches on probably 3 different toons since 6.0 dropped.

Once I was vote kicked for not playing a "real" class

Twice, I was told i should learn to play an actual class that wasn't overly easy. (Like seriously, their protest wasn't that guardians suck, it was that it was too easy to play and thus, shouldn't be allowed in SR).

The other 3 times I was called names and cursed at.

I won 4 of these matches. But seriously, why would I want to continue this game mode when my personal experience with it has been a dumpster fire. Again, I'm not pretending to speak for the format as a whole. My 6 matches cannot illustrate any kind of larger scale conclusion. But on a personal level, I have better things to do with my time than deal with those situations.

When responding, please consider that I am explicitly not using this to draw any kind of conclusion about the format. I am simply stating why I, personally, do not choose to get more involved in the format.

As for team ranked, I don't have a team. I have a 2-3 person guild.

That's someone else (another someone else) besides me that has expressed these types of problems. How about that Al? Like I said, it seems you somehow just avoid all of these kinds of scenarios. Lucky you.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JediAl is like Moses to water only it's not water that parts way around him, it's all malevolent gamesmanship! (This includes win trading, vote kicking, match throwing, and any other form of match manipulation that these fellows have found that we aren't even aware of yet!)

Seriously. You truly have a blessed SWTOR life all forms of bad avoid you! lol. :D

Yep. Over a thousand games this season. I'm an inside source that you could rely on for actual information about the state of solo ranked, but you seem much more interested in the fantasies in your head.

When responding, please consider that I am explicitly not using this to draw any kind of conclusion about the format. I am simply stating why I, personally, do not choose to get more involved in the format.

This is fair enough, but you're slightly underselling the fact that you're only queueing on a dps guardian (correct me if I'm wrong on that). That doesn't justify any abuse for it, but when you play a class at the very bottom of the meta, in any online game, you have to expect that people will complain about it.

That's someone else (another someone else) besides me that has expressed these types of problems. How about that Al? Like I said, it seems you somehow just avoid all of these kinds of scenarios. Lucky you.
My sample size is statistically meaningless and ergo cannot support any argument as to trends in solo ranked

Also, what Kendra described sounds plausible to me. None of what she mentioned has anything to do with cheating or wintrading. That kind of toxicity can happen on occasion. Playing dps jugg in solo ranked is difficult because it's the worst class right now.

I played about 6 games last night. Every game was virtually the same. Everyone loaded in. Someone called a strat/kill order (usually me). Both teams played hard to win. When the match was over everyone left. In the vast majority of ranked matches on SF very little is said and the matches proceed normally. The problems really only happen when people come in undergeared or are constantly getting globaled. Even some of the more toxic people seem to have calmed down a bit lately.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I think a lot of what we see as far as bad behavior on behalf of the toxic ranked players is them not realizing that they are only killing the game mode they enjoy the best.

The little gratification and enjoyment they get by trolling/acting asinine/vote kicking, whatever it may be in the long run it's hardly worth ruining the entire game mode for only a few individuals enjoyment yet here we are seeing just that.

These individuals are definitely at fault for the shambles ranked is in now, however I have long held BW responsible too.

BW has continued to let this freak show continue on down the path it goes, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Bioware! Just gut it like you gut everything else and revamp it! The one system in the game you have not touched is the one that most needs to be gutted and reinstalled: The scoring system for ranked.

I won't pretend to have the answer as to what would be best, but one thing I do know is Bioware probably already has a plan for ranked, too. They have not come out and said it, but it's about that time. It's time for ranked to get touched up. Revamped, redone, whatever you want to call it.

I imagine it's going to be something really wild, they seem to have extreme ideas whenever they remove one old system and implement a new one, so who knows what Bioware has in store for ranked next? I think it's going to be substantial though.

On darth malgus I had people telling me that some ranked players sit on discord and just kind of control the scene. I don't know what this means, nor do I care if it's true or not, I am telling you what others have told me and I have some chats with one or two ranked players on discord who say that player x, or player y wintrades with player c, and player d . Again, I have no idea if these are true or not. This is what people talk about . I

Yes, it true. Remember, what happens in fight club, stays in fight club. Shhhhhhhhh!