Your pvp is going under

VLAHD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are all that, you too can be part of the 10 percenters that dominate 100pct of the pvp.

The rest of us 50 percenters (30 percent dont pvp at all) just want a pvp system we can enjoy without having to move back into your parents basement. Think you can do anything to help us????????????????

If you cant fix this mess you have created, i only have one thing to say to you....how do i preorder elder scrolls online.

10 percent dominates + 50 percenters that get dominated + 30 percent that dont pvp = .... 90%

Ah the other 10% stuck in loading screen or the ever popular "server que".

...or he just sucks at math.

The OPS is right actually. Tired of being facerolled all day long by glowingsticks prems. I'm ok about strong foes but being a commando is just impossible to enjoy the game these days. I started a sentinel just to try out how's it's going as a slayer. And you know what, it's just too much :) I faceroll each and every class one on one and now it's clear to me why i fight against 4 maras prems everyday - they just smash any team away in seconds staying in bubble. So, what's the point for ME as a commando to queue at all ? :) I just don't. I started a new commando and gonna lvl him to 49 and gear him as good as i can to annihilate marauders/juggers on low lvls where it's still possible. Gonna leave wz before the match ends up not to reach 50. That's the plan how to enjoy my class. GJ BW. But i must confess it's FFSRIDICULOUS!!!! A gamer is supposed to like his class and pvp with it. But here we just suk marauders' balls cos it's intended. Hate pvp state in this project. It's truely sux.

Some of you miss the point. Even if you are on the stomper's side you still need someone to stomp. If that someone qont que anymore, who are you gonna stomp then?

What I find funny is the 180 degree turn the game has made ...from "pvp fights take a long time" in beta to "you kill people in seconds" now.

You're over exaggerating things, the game's fine- I mean, it's not like it's going to go f2p in a year or anything like that.

Nope, no problems here- just a game that's excelling.

:D

And in between all the shameful, stupid comments that are put on this forum every minute, there was a little gem which most people surely missed. Hence I quote it.

On topic. I dislike that most people here are not able to see or understand the opposite point of view of their own. Usually, a look at the chars in their signatures already tells you what to take out of a comment.

I played a commando medic level 50 for a good half a year. Now I play a Juggernaut and a Shadow. I therefore know both sides of the table and I agree that pvp is going under. With the commando, I was happy if I managed to get 4 medals. And I was a damn good medic, otherwise I wouldn't have managed to survive half a year with it. Now, especially with my Juggernaut, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. And I don't need to! I run into the enemies, jump on one and then just use the standard attack until he dies. I always end up in the top 3 of the scoreboard. And I am not even trying.

What does this have to do with this forum? Simple: The ones complaining are the ones who play a difficult class, the ones denying problems are the ones playing a simple class. And then in between we got the people with the small p**** syndrome (also known as hardcore pvp guild members, especially the ones on rp-pve servers) whose favourite letter-number-combination is L2P. But this was already addressed by a previous writer above.

If you realise this, you understand 99% of the PvP discussions on this forum. Only then a proper discussion could thrive. But honestly, that ain't happen soon.

Thank you for reading.

The amount of crying and ************ on this forum is always astounding.

DEAR BIOWARE:

Please nerf Paper and buff Rock. Scissors is fine where it is.

Sincerely,

-Rock

So in short, SWTOR PVP at 50 is a balanced engagement.

Every class has and is a Hard Counter.

All complaining about balance is essentially a misunderstanding about the mechanics of PVP>

Unless of course you play as a Sorcerer or a Mercenary; those classes are meant for PVE only anyway.

This Rock-Paper-Scissors defense (usually directed at protecting Marauders in their current iteration) is beyond intellectually disingenuous to the point that it is approaching meme-levels.

SWTOR PVP is not balanced, Marauders and Hybrid Sorcerers are causing immense issues, and Mercenaries are utterly useless in PVP groups.

Those that defend the current balance tend to be the Marauders themselves.

Imagine that.

Most of the PvPers already left. RIP 1.5 million players.

I agree and I'm joining them too :(... I have 5 days left on sub, but these game is already installed. I'm hoping I change my ming because as of right now I have nothing in mind to play.

I did my weekly in 3 hours it was so much fun, btw I'm one of those full WH gear players on the harbinger and I only play with elitist premades. I love wrecking noobs and undergeared players and the reason I can is because I can put hours and hours into pvp farm up max comms within 3 days then buy all the gear i can for alts and min max a character within a week. So far every post you make makes me smile, to think my main goal of ruining peoples fun day in and out is happening is wonderful.

:rak_03::rak_01::rak_04:

The gap between the effectiveness of veteran players and rookie/casual players is huge in this game. And it's not due to gear. It's because PvP combat in this game is rather complex. Significantly more complex than in other MMOs. The huge number of abilities and the need to recognize the visual clues of other classes abilities in order to be effective in PvP is a big hurdle for casual players. Yet the complexity also leads to a richness in the PvP environment that is desirable. You can't have one without the other...

This is a very good post.

ihave a valor 91 Scoundrel that has fought from Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma to now The Bastion,you name it ive seen it,i can see mistakes within almost any WZ i que for and some very great plays too.

But when i see players standing near the top of the ramp on our side in Hutball and a jugg jumps up to him and scores and then not two minutes later i see it again by the same guy i just shake my head.

There is so many fail decisions i have seen and not all of them were due to bad judgement it was just bad timing,i watch the flow of the WZ alot due to my main being a healing scoundrel it has made me play my alts well too,it isnt very often that whether im on my Vanguard,GS or shadow that i am not in the top four or number one in any given WZ.

Edited by Sathid

I did my weekly in 3 hours it was so much fun, btw I'm one of those full WH gear players on the harbinger and I only play with elitist premades. I love wrecking noobs and undergeared players and the reason I can is because I can put hours and hours into pvp farm up max comms within 3 days then buy all the gear i can for alts and min max a character within a week. So far every post you make makes me smile, to think my main goal of ruining peoples fun day in and out is happening is wonderful.

my soul burns

seriously i should've spent least time farming bh comms for alts but more time doing this for fotm alts

wish i wasnt such a slow learner

pure genius

Easy fix, give 50's a bolster mechanic too. Put everyone at around a full WH geared level and there ya go. No more getting steam rolled merely because they out gear you. They'll HAVE to actually work for a win.

Hey, it works well for the 10-49 bracket. If you have good gear but suck at that level, you'll still lose. And actually, I honestly think that mechanic makes 10-49 PvP MUCH more fun than 50 PvP.

Easy fix, give 50's a bolster mechanic too. Put everyone at around a full WH geared level and there ya go. No more getting steam rolled merely because they out gear you. They'll HAVE to actually work for a win.

Hey, it works well for the 10-49 bracket. If you have good gear but suck at that level, you'll still lose. And actually, I honestly think that mechanic makes 10-49 PvP MUCH more fun than 50 PvP.

No offense, but why have gear at all if BW is going to bolster level 50 toon's in PVP. That is just dumb!!!! All I can say to the OP is this. Believe it or not SWTOR IS AN MMORPG. Which the second letter stands for MULTIPLAYER. It is meant to be played with other people so if you don't want to play with other people why play MMO'S at all.

No offense, but why have gear at all if BW is going to bolster level 50 toon's in PVP. That is just dumb!!!! All I can say to the OP is this. Believe it or not SWTOR IS AN MMORPG. Which the second letter stands for MULTIPLAYER. It is meant to be played with other people so if you don't want to play with other people why play MMO'S at all.

Well Technically I don't think BW thinks pvp is a multi-player or social event lol. It gives zero social points and its the one thing in the game where random people come and play together. Player vs Player awards ZERO social points..if we aren't socializing...what else is it? Even get to talk to the opposing factions lol... give them fingers and all lol...

Like him or hate him he is one of the best players on the Harbinger. I think tho I can't prove that he was screwing with the forum members just because he likes to rile people up. Take it with a grain of salt it is just his way.

Yeah then we would have to work for a win, you know cause we were all gifted our fully augd WH gear when we hit 50.

People that don't ahve gear somehow can't grasp that the only difference between them and those that do, is those that have gear, didn't get it by coming on the forums and complaining about people's gear. They just PvPd. Over and over. And yes sometimes they lost, badly.

I have two toons in fully augd WH and another in 1/2 BM, and I earned exactly 0 pieces of gear on the forums.

The pvp is great...well the 1-49 pvp is great. Level 50 pvp completely and utterly unbalanced among the classes.

(sorry for singling you out but this is more to everybody that says 1-49 pvp is great because it really bugs me when people say this.)

This is annoying and categorically not true. 1-49 pvp is horrible and the only reason anybody ever says it is great is because any player with half a brain playing a dps class can single handily win a match because most people have no clue what they are doing or how to play their classes. I've leveled many different characters through lowbie pvp and my win to loss ratio is about 9 wins to every 1 loss because I know what I'm doing and thus can exploit people that don't know what they are doing so yay my team wins, but it doesn't make it great it makes it horrible. Also the reason the same people that 1-49 pvp is great say 50 pvp is bad because they can't learn to play correctly, you know focusing the healer without the guard if one isn't guarded, then switching when the tank switches guard very basic stuff like that. Hell if they could just learn to focus healers instead of trying to 1 vs 1 the other dps like they did in 1-49 they might have a more enjoyable experience because things would die instead they are stuck in the 1-49 mindset where everybody is a dps and it is a death match where in 50 you'll run into people playing support classes (tanks and healers) who know their role and can make it hard for the dps to function, and you'll run into dps classes that know their skills and have them all and will exploit your lack of knowledge against you.

The main reason for the beatdowns at 50 between people of varying gear has alot more to do with the people with bad gear not understanding the mechanics of the game as well as the people with better gear, for example I never have any real problems with my undergeared players because I know what I'm doing, hell I've started playing a powertech tank I leveled up a long time ago again recently, so it's in the old recruit gear and nothing else and yet I still put up the best protection numbers on my teams and I still having a good wins to loss ratio when playing her. I also had no problem when my vengeance juggernaut started 50 pvp with main hand and off hand war hero and recruit despite playing a spec people think is bad, and I never had issues with my slinger in recruit gear either. It all comes down to knowledge not gear. Gear has an effect you aren't going to solo somebody in war hero when you are in recruit but if you know your role you are still going to be effective.

I'm generally just tired of all the whining I hear honestly because it is all related to people being bad but thinking they are gods gift to pvp.

Edited by Lintman

I play on the harbinger. The ques pop like crazy from about 9am eastern time till about 4am eastern time all day long. You do have a dead time between 4am-9am though so if your playing at that time, it's just when there are the least amount of folks on. Vlahd if your havig issues getting your weekly done, ask in gen chat on fleet to group up there's normally other solo queuers willing to group and my guild Top Gun is almost always running a group. Hit us up, if we have a spot open we would most likely add ya to group.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Top Gun. You guys are one of the most inclusive pvp guilds out there, and I think that's awesome. And you guys are always up for casual ranked pug too.

So, yea, anyone on Harbinger pub side having a hard time finding folks to group with.... Go with top gun. I've been referring people to you guys in-game too.

Like him or hate him he is one of the best players on the Harbinger. I think tho I can't prove that he was screwing with the forum members just because he likes to rile people up. Take it with a grain of salt it is just his way.

Sounds like a guy who lives in his mom's basement.

The pvp is great...well the 1-49 pvp is great. Level 50 pvp completely and utterly unbalanced among the classes.

Right, because in 10-49 everyone has all of their abilities and full spec right? Mercs tracer missile spamming level 10s who can't interrupt is balanced right? Not being able to fully spec out is balanced right? I can go on and on. :)

This game needs more cc. I hate having to think about where to move. I don't have to for about half a given wz (because I'm either snared, being knocked back/rooted or stunned/mezzedd) but the other half needs to be worked on.

There's no point to this game without the pvp and there's no point to pvp if I'm forced to think - thinking is too much like work.

I'm working on a youtube video - would like to compile one where I just float there wiggling and bent over grasping my head. It would be just like when Obi-Wan fought Darth Maul...

You need to start grouping bro. Its much more fun. If you win, you get to revel in glory with friends, if you lose, you can blame it on the other four people in your group.

All kidding aside....I would like to say its two things that seperates the pugs from the premades( and I fit into both categories here as I can usually be found pugging when I dont feel like playing objectives), and that is the focus on objectives, and Im not just talking about the "stay on the door, and call out inc" type mindset, but the entire notion that 90% of playing defense on this game is staying alive.....not killing as many enemy as possible, and how people will do things such as

coming out of stealth to attack a healer(who isnt going to kill you, and put you in the box so he or his freinds can cap)

leaping away from the door/ node to get the jump on a player, when you know you have no way of getting back quickly and will likely lose the node if someone starts to cap as soon as you leap

using base attacks on mezzed people(cause it wont break the mez if it only hits for 300....right?)

clumping up so smashies can get awesome crits, cause smashies have one weakness, and thats a hidden kill limit, just send wave after wave of your team at them and eventually they will hit there limit and can do no more damage.

wearing pve gear, and then going to defend the lonely node/door, by yourself....heres a protip, if your going to be a liability, play in places where you will be the least relies upon, and if you happen to be the last guy at the node/door while everyone is running off, just say "inc 2 stealthies my door/node", when someone comes, run away, and go set your new death record, or suck up as many heals as possible.

never, ever, getting in front of the ball carrier, depite the fact he runs at the pace of an old woman with a walker, becuase "Im a <insert class, or spec here>" , or "im to busy keeping mid clear, must...pew...pew"

but I understand it, hell im sure theres video proof of me doing it, and thats because I dont play this becuase of my awesome objective keeping skills....and sometimes I pug too. sometimes I dont care about objectives....winning, or even doing well, its all about me and what I feel like doing, and sometimes I like to run around in the pit and kill marauders, or camp smashies at there spawn(fun let me tell you, brings a whole new meaning to the "rage" spec). Thats ok, but rest assured when you go pugging, chances are your going to run into groups of people who are grouping, and want to win, and you will most likely lose.

TLDR

PvP is in need of some serious looking at if its to regain some positive momentum, but until then....group up.

Hell invite me, Ive got several 50s on both sides(no life, Star-Wars has my soul, and wife left me for FLAVA-FLAVE!!...she likes clocks go fig)

Here meh list

Airwolf-Scrapper(sometimes healer, but, i suck...like bad....really bad)

Seawolf-Shadow Tank...not hybrid....tank.

Makros-Marauder Carnage....cause I wanna go fast....my fav to pug with.

Edited by Haystak